***OFFICIAL NEW YORK MIKEWHITES GAME DAY THREAD—THE WHITE KNIGHT RISES! WHITE>>>CHRISTIAN BALE****

T0mShane

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How many people on this board are so nervous we look good again tonight and the praise comes raining down on Joe Douglas, Saleh and Lafluer?  They must be rearranging their closets for hiding space.

Mike White!!!!!!!

J E T S!!!!!!!!!

Never nervous to look good, or even great. it would be about F'ng time.

just hope the guys show up and the whole team plays anywhere close to last week.

40 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Could this be vegas reverse psychology?  Being that bozos like us can see they are begging u to take the jets, i am sure the sharps and everyone else is seeing it too.

They now all take the colts but the jets win and vegas banks.

Its like they made it too obvious and actually suckered u into taking the colts.

Hmmmmmmmmm........

I think this is vegas seeing this same Jets team losing 54-13 to the Pats two weeks ago not being fooled by one good game and knowing that if they set the line at 4 every sharp bettor would be on the Colts. 

Vegas just wants even money on both sides so they can guarantee a profit. All the conspiracy stuff is just a product of people not understanding how lines are generated. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

This is straight dirty but not a surprising move by T0mShanee.  @Maxman has the hot hand and homeboy just swooped in and stole your thunder?!?!?!?

I demand a new thread started by the guy who got us a win last week and not this sham of a poster!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

@Maxman there are times in life, where you just gotta flex on the little people and pull a boss move.

Now is that time. 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

WTF dude? This is totally bogus. Like Mike White, we need to stick with Maxman until he loses. Wait your turn T0mWilson, 

I know 1 way to get this thing locked and force @Maxman to start another thread...

who wants to talk politics / vaccine? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think this is vegas seeing this same Jets team losing 54-13 to the Pats two weeks ago not being fooled by one good game and knowing that if they set the line at 4 every sharp bettor would be on the Colts. 

Vegas just wants even money on both sides so they can guarantee a profit. All the conspiracy stuff is just a product of people not understanding how lines are generated. 

The standard “Vegas wants even money on both sides” is just not true.  If vegas can sucker the fools in and make a huge profit, they will take it.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How many people on this board are so nervous we look good again tonight and the praise comes raining down on Joe Douglas, Saleh and Lafluer?  They must be rearranging their closets for hiding space.

Mike White!!!!!!!

J E T S!!!!!!!!!

Mike White is the single best thing to happen to this franchise in 50 years.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The standard “Vegas wants even money on both sides” is just not true.  If vegas can sucker the fools in and make a huge profit, they will take it.

If all you had to do was bet against the "suckers" play, you would be a millionaire by now. It's not that simple. 

For every "sucker" they get to bet on a side there are sharps, with far more money, ready to pounce on the other side. If 100 suckers bet 100 on the Jets and one sharp bets 50k on the Colts, Vegas still loses even though they "suckered" the masses. 

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

As the Rolling Stones once said: "You can't always get what you want, but you can get what you need."

Vegas needs even money on both sides, and they will settle for that, since they make money off of the vig.  Of course they want more suckers, but their business model is not set up for what they want , but what they need.  If they can capitalize on more suckers and more money, then great, but that is not how they stay in business.

The sharp betters wait for those games that come to them every so often, but not every week.  If they make 5 bets of $2,000 each, and win 3 out of 5, then they make their money for that week.  I don't believe that they anticipate that they will win every bet, or every game.

The point spread this week is fools gold IMHO.  As a Jets fan, you want to believe what happened last week, and build off of that.  This is what I am hoping for.  But because I am biased, I will not bet on the Jets gettin 10.5 points this week, because I have seen this script before, and in the past, the Jets lose by 2 TDs.

The wild card of this week is Mike White.  Was he a mirage, or is he the real thing.  The likelihood is that he is a mirage, but once in a thousand, he could be the real thing, like Tom Brady.  

Do you want to bet on the likelihood that Mike White is a mirage?  Is he the real thing?  1 in 1,000?  I want to believe, but I wont bet my money on it.