***OFFICIAL NEW YORK MIKEWHITES GAME DAY THREAD—THE WHITE KNIGHT RISES! WHITE>>>CHRISTIAN BALE****

T0mShane

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I was actually excited for this game since Sunday to watch our new QB. 

I have learned absolutely nothing in the last 47 years.

Same, dude.

The simple excitement of competency at QB. I’m a fool.

White would need to throw for 6 TDs to make this a game. This defense looks like a team that quit.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Let me throw out another concept here.

The Jets play outdoors, no dome, in the Northeast.  

The successful NE teams (Patriots, Ravens, Steelers) run 3-4 defenses.  Generally NE teams run power running football.

JD brought in Saleh/Lafleur to run WC offense and defense.  Did that make sense?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZachEY said:

Not sure you can blame the coaching.  There’s no play to combat the line getting outright dominated.

The colts are coming out screaming run and Ulbrich has 4, 5, 6 guys in the box? And the DL is spread wide? The LBs are very sluggish today and taking bad angles but there’s no excuse not to slow down this run.

1 minute ago, Hael said:

Yea I mean, this team is massively outtalented.  You can hide it with adrenaline and playcalling for awhile, but talent does matter and its clear that our guys are outclassed.

We've got a third overall pick on the defensive line, we've got a bloke making $85 million at linebacker, and another bloke making $64 million on the defensive line, supposedly because they have talent. We've got a second round pick and a third round pick at safety. The only area where there isn't mean to be talent on the defence is at cornerback, and they're not the ones giving up chunk players to Taylor and Hines on the ground.

They came out gassed and it's not getting any better.

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Uncle Nicco said:

The hell you talking about? 

Really? Our front  7 is stacked and we are getting abused at the point of attack 

#3 overall pick on the draft 

55 million dollar man

fatukasi aka supposed elite run defender 

healthy rankins

Mosley all pro 

Stacked?! With who?? Quinnen and Mosley? K. 
We’re starting rookies and guys like Tim Ward and Delshawn Philips for god sake. 
Rankins is a cast off. Nice role player. Converted safeties at LB. I mean cmon. 

Idk who talk you guys into thinking this was a good unit. 

1 minute ago, Lith said:

It is one thing to have a young defense that is fighting, making some plays and is overmatched.  But this defense is offering such little resistance, oneof the worst halves of defense I can remember seeing since way back two weeks ago against the Patriots.  9 scores in 10 drives in NE, and now 4 TDs in 4 drives against the Colts.  I am at a loss to understand how a team o f NFL players can be this bad.  And the issues are way deeper than just a young secondary. 

Happening once, you can explain away as "one of those days."  When it happens again 11 days later, there is something seriously wrong.

Normally you’d just say that the players have quit, but it’s hard to say that of a team that can beat the Bengals and Titans. 

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

It is one thing to have a young defense that is fighting, making some plays and is overmatched.  But this defense is offering such little resistance, oneof the worst halves of defense I can remember seeing since way back two weeks ago against the Patriots.  9 scores in 10 drives in NE, and now 4 TDs in 4 drives against the Colts.  I am at a loss to understand how a team o f NFL players can be this bad.  And the issues are way deeper than just a young secondary. 

Happening once, you can explain away as "one of those days."  When it happens again 11 days later, there is something seriously wrong.

@Maxman POTM nomination.

• Upvote 2

The week-to-week overreacting here has become genuinely laughable and, simultaneously, ridiculous.  If I’m the one saying that, the rest of this forum needs to take a harrrrrrd look at itself.

What the **** is “over reacting?” The defense is HORRIBLE!! Where is the over reaction?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Then he should probably stop talking them up as the best unit in the league. 

“I think my players are f*cking garbage and, quite frankly, they should be executed on the spot”

Thats JetNation coaching baybeeeeee

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This is my fault Jet Engine, I knew that if I looked forward to a Jets game-especially a Nationally televised night game then we are screwed-the SFJ Jinx continues-sorry guys

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is the worst display of defense from a jets team that I have ever seen since becoming a fan in about 2005.

Indy is doing nothing fancy or special or even anything hard to defend.

4 Colts possessions, 4 TDs. 

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

If it was the Jets, it would have been called as a fumble through the endzone.

It was, against the Patriots a couple of years ago. Or last week. 

Its a ******* joke. The Competition Committee is just laughing at the Johnsons and giving them swirlies while the hall monitors act as lookouts.

Just now, Aussie Jet said:

We've got a third overall pick on the defensive line, we've got a bloke making $85 million at linebacker, and another bloke making $64 million on the defensive line, supposedly because they have talent. We've got a second round pick and a third round pick at safety. The only area where there isn't mean to be talent on the defence is at cornerback, and they're not the ones giving up chunk players to Taylor and Hines on the ground.

They came out gassed and it's not getting any better.

We have *some* talent.  JFM/Fatu/QW are decent starters in the league.  That's a very different talent lvl compared to the Colts Oline, which has multiple top 10 players including a possible HOFer.

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Game could have been genuinely exciting with White in there.

Looked impressive again on the TD drive, game not too big for him, cool, accurate.

Then he's gone, and the game is over as a contest.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Rex went to 2 championship games. Put some respect on that name.

Saleh couldn’t hold Rex’s 5th dinner, let alone jock strap.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1