***OFFICIAL NEW YORK MIKEWHITES GAME DAY THREAD—THE WHITE KNIGHT RISES! WHITE>>>CHRISTIAN BALE****

T0mShane

4 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Scheme can't fix lack of talent.

On defense, really you have to have a plan. And when you give up over 250 yards rushing coupled with zero pass rush and terrible coverage, the problem is more than simply lack of talent.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d say the offense is still out there trying to put points on the board and the lack of great-elite talent is getting thrashed by a team that has an elite OL, two great RBs, and decent enough WRs to carve a young secondary that plays up and down.

Not every bad performance means players quit.  No amount of “effort” is going to make a bit of difference when there is a talent gap.

The Colts are 14th in scoring and 16th in yards per game. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d say the offense is still out there trying to put points on the board and the lack of great-elite talent is getting thrashed by a team that has an elite OL, two great RBs, and decent enough WRs to carve a young secondary that plays up and down.

Not ever bad performance means players quit.  No amount of “effort” is going to make a bit of difference when there is a talent gap.

This is not a talent gap, this is a coaching gap.  You’re telling me that the Colts offensive line is that much better than the Jets front 7 that they allow 300+ yards rushing?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bugg said:

On defense, really you have to have a plan. And when you give up over 250 yards rushing coupled with zero pass rush and terrbiel coverage, the problem is more than simply lack of talent.

Yeah, I haven't been arguing with anyone saying it's a pure talent problem. I don't have the energy on a night like this. Clearly there's an issue with coaching 

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Damn Saleh and Ulbrich gonna get brutalized by the media this week. Foley, Quinnen, JFM regression is a bad look

Losing two QBs ... especially  the one the team rallied around last week to the point of creating a preposterous mythos is going to have a mental affect on the team and how they play... the second he went down and Johnson came in this was over ... creating a bunch of other regression reasons  as to why thus is happen doesn't  really make sense but whatever  who cares it the Jets this sh*t just keeps happening.

I had no plans of getting emotionally invested this season... last week started to pull me in... I'm supposed to  know better shame on me.

Just now, T0mShane said:

The Colts are 14th in scoring and 16th in yards per game. 

And the Jets are 28th in total defense, which would put them at a disadvantage.

Serious question:

Do you think Fant, who was doubtful IIRC, is playing hurt tonight because he has no heart and has quit on the team?

Do you think Keelan Cole is getting hurt laying out for passes because he gave up?

How about Michael Carter II?  Bryce hall?  Echols?  Guys who are trying to carve themselves into this league.  Do you honestly think they’re quitting right now?