***OFFICIAL NEW YORK MIKEWHITES GAME DAY THREAD—THE WHITE KNIGHT RISES! WHITE>>>CHRISTIAN BALE****

T0mShane

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We’ll just have to disagree, man. This is Week Nine, they’ve played a lot of football together and they’ve played cohesive as a unit (at times) against quality opponents. The Colts weren’t running anything exotic out there—it was slants, play action, and mashing it down their throats with basic traps and counters. That’s not an inexperience problem, that’s a getting-your-ass-kicked problem. This is my suspicion: Saleh and his staff are inexperienced and none of them understand how to maintain the emotional temperature of the players, and they’re struggling to motivate the roster week in and week out—which (in their defense!) is a huge, complex task that takes even the best coaches a long time to master. That would explain why they can beat the Bengals and fall asleep against the Colts. And if it’s a deal where Saleh, in his heart, believes that the roster is trash and he’s destined to lose 12+ games, that makes it all the harder for him and his young staff to keep the team on track. IMO, either Saleh figures out—quickly—how to manage the ebbs and flows of his team’s psyche, or he’s going to be Joe Judge.

Fair points but I’ll just agree to disagree for now homie.  I’m going to give this group some time, even if this organization has never given me reason to believe they’re going to get it right in the past.  I think this is something that needs to marinate before we throw it out.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

The only rough positive is that the offensive coaching has looked miles better than it has in years just by gauging the past two games and I enjoy knowing the the X factor hasn’t been one particular player/QB, it seems like any QB can come in and have decent success moving the chains — besides Wilson for obvious reasons of not being ready enough.

Yeah, the plus side is that LaFleur might have something. The downside is that Wilson might be awful or, at least, the org ****ed up huge by shoehorning him into the starting role.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Nope.  Like I said, just not sifting through the thread.  It’s a forum.  Your obsession with following me around because you’re still assmad over a year later that cutting Bell didn’t have the same profound effect on me that it did for you isn’t really something I’m too concerned with.

Also, Bell just sucked.  Give it a rest already.  Thanks.

But you literally just did shift through the forum. That's all you could find. You made up a narrative in your head, I called you out on it and you're backing down. Noted.

You're more than welcome to prove me wrong and shut me up.

I dont care about Bell. Find me the last post I made about Bell before you bizarrely brought him up. Go ahead. That's just some very strange deflection tactic you're using because you only know how to argue like a child throwing a tantrum not getting his way.

I care that this team is an absolute embarrassment and Joe Douglas is an awful GM.

So if you're done thrashing around like a 4 hear old in a toy aisle, why don't you actually answer my original question.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Fair points but I’ll just agree to disagree for now homie.  I’m going to give this group some time, even if this organization has never given me reason to believe they’re going to get it right in the past.  I think this is something that needs to marinate before we throw it out.

Word. I don’t think they’re going to throw anyone out yet because they have a lot of built in excuses, but this crew is throwing up a lot of red flags that are giving me heart palps already. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The only excuse I can think of is “we were tired because it was a short week” but so were the Colts.  And we shouldn’t get waxed 2 out of 3 weeks (with the pats game off a bye against Mac freaking jones).  Losing is one thing but this was inexcusably bad.  Whatever Saleh is as a HC, he’s certainly not distinguishing himself in a good way right now. 

The only excuse I see is that he's a rookie HC still figuring this thing out. Totally fair. 

But you have to be a little concerned by this team's total Jekyll and Hyde nature right now (home vs. road, win outright vs. get destroyed).

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Should be pointed out that QB productivity shot way, way up since John Beck stepped foot in the facility. 

Having Lafleur in the booth has been so exciting. They had him trying to do too much. Worry about the play calling.

What happened to Coach Knapp is so tragic.  So hard for the coaches to work through losing a friend suddenly like that. 

Took them a few weeks and on the field they seem to have figured out how to adjust and take stuff off LaFleurs plate. Encouraging sign.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I definitely agree with this. 

The blowouts really wear on me, though. Gase's teams got blown out enough for a lifetime. It's the NFL. You should really be within two TDs in the vast, vast majority of games. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Word. I don’t think they’re going to throw anyone out yet because they have a lot of built in excuses, but this crew is throwing up a lot of red flags that are giving me heart palps already. 

Honestly I’m just tired of hearing that we need a complete rebuild every year.  Next year’s excuse will be “we’re still young and have a lot of new faces in here”.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

But you literally just did shift through the forum. That's all you could find. You made up a narrative in your head, I called you out on it and you're backing down. Noted.

You're more than welcome to prove me wrong and shut me up.

I dont care about Bell. Find me the last post I made about Bell before you bizarrely brought him up. Go ahead. That's just some very strange deflection tactic you're using because you only know how to argue like a child throwing a tantrum not getting his way.

I care that this team is an absolute embarrassment and Joe Douglas is an awful GM.

So if you're done thrashing around like a 4 hear old in a toy aisle, why don't you actually answer my original question.

I don’t care enough to keep going through threads on my phone.  I don’t know why that’s hard for you to grasp, but apparently it is.  You can note it and keep going all you want.  I’m not.  I.  Don’t.  Care

I answered your original question a while back. Joe Douglas’s hype needs to start producing results, yes.  This isn’t ground breaking and I’ve said it multiple times this year.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Also, you ruined Mike White by starting this thread. Great job.

We still can't have nice things and it is because of you.

When they showed the film of the team doctor working on his wrist I swear to God I was going to walk into the ocean until my hat floats

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You quoted me in the middle of a rational discussion with T0m

Lmfao.

You complained earlier about getting neg repped and attacked for your opinion.  You ever stop to think that maybe it’s just you that people don’t like?

People that are firmly entrenched in denial dont enjoy being told the truth.

Such as yourself.

Keep telling yourself getting embarrassed on national tv with a team with little talent is the work of a good GM 

Just now, T0mShane said:

When they showed the film of the team doctor working on his wrist I swear to God I was going to walk into the ocean until my hat floats

I am so conflicted. I hate that you felt that way but I really wish you just did it.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d say to just keep the faith, but I understand everyone’s frustration to a degree.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Having Lafleur in the booth has been so exciting. They had him trying to do too much. Worry about the play calling.

What happened to Coach Knapp is so tragic.  So hard for the coaches to work through losing a friend suddenly like that. 

Took them a few weeks and on the field they seem to have figured out how to adjust and take stuff off LaFleurs plate. Encouraging sign.

I think LaFleur is a nerdy android type whom they tried to turn into Wilson’s security blanket and it just wasn’t gonna work. Probably set Wilson back a year.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t care enough to keep going through threads on my phone.  I don’t know why that’s hard for you to grasp, but apparently it is.  You can note it and keep going all you want.  I’m not.  I.  Don’t.  Care

I answered your original question a while back. Joe Douglas’s hype needs to start producing results, yes.  This isn’t ground breaking and I’ve said it multiple times this year.

You mean the hype people like you created in your own head and then attacked other posters for daring to point out the truth about the job he is doing.

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

People that are firmly entrenched in denial dont enjoy being told the truth.

Such as yourself.

Keep telling yourself getting embarrassed on national tv with a team with little talent is the work of a good GM 

At no point did Joe Douglas come into this conversation until you brought him up.  The conversation was about effort and the coaching staff.  I don’t care about anything you have to say, let alone your own self righteous crusade to call yourself right.

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You mean the hype people like you created in your own head and then attacked other posters for daring to point out the truth about the job he is doing.

Again.  I was discussing the efforts of the players and the coaching staff.  No one was talking about Douglas or who was or wasn’t hyping anyone up other than you.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Honestly I’m just tired of hearing that we need a complete rebuild every year.  Next year’s excuse will be “we’re still young and have a lot of new faces in here”.  

Particularly given that the most important young player on the roster has been treated like a ham sandwich

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I mean in your opinion.   Are we the worst?  Bottom 5?   Or maybe around 20?  

We're worse than bad. We beat 2 teams that are SB competitors. Then just don't even seem to show up other weeks. It's a lot more palatable when you just suck that we're all used to

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

At no point did Joe Douglas come into this conversation until you brought him up.  The conversation was about effort and the coaching staff.  I don’t care about anything you have to say, let alone your own self righteous crusade to call yourself right.

Remind me, what was your defense about the effort and coaching staff? Something about not having the talent? 

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's always the excuse of a bad team. 

It's what people have basically been saying about the Minnesota Timberwolves since they were founded. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

It's what people have basically been saying about the Minnesota Timberwolves since they were founded. 

When Parcells came here, things turned around immediately.  Though tbf he went 3-12-1 his first year as HC of the NYG. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, slimjasi said:

I need to see this new found style of play calling Mike LaFleur has adjusted to with a brand new Zach Wilson before I cry about the defense. Literally THAT alone will make everything go away for the mean time. I want tangible evidence instead of hope.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Remind me, what was your defense about the effort and coaching staff? Something about not having the talent? 

Yes.  I said this was a young roster, which was blown up over the last two seasons to purge Maccagnan’s mistakes, with an average age of ~25 going into the season that was, as of today, not on par with the Colts.

I’ve already answered the question you seem to repeating.  Joe Douglas needs to produce more results and less hype.  If you want to keep having this conversation, have it with yourself.  I’m not going in circles anymore.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When Parcells came here, things turned around immediately.  Though tbf he went 3-12-1 his first year as HC of the NYG. 

Yea, it's way too early to bail on Saleh. Saleh will get, at the very least, next season (and probably the season after that, as well) to get things improved. But it's not too early to have some legitimate concerns. 

• Upvote 1