Tonight - Back to reality or Destined for greatness

First off, I am sooooo excited for tonight's game.  

Secondly, every time I am very excited for a Jets game, its a complete let down.

Does Mike White revert back to a rookie and look horrendous tonight?  Or does he keep it going and we have a legit QB room?  

I just don't want to be let down again, like so often in my life with this team.

Just show up and play hard!!!

• Haha 1

We shall see what kind of coach Saleh is.  It's not easy to get your team ready after a game like we had on Sunday. The Colts are banged up and even when they're not they're not as good offensively as the Bengals.  It will be interesting to see how Saleh and his coaches scheme for this game.  I expect White to come back down to earth but we can still be competitive.  I suspect we'll see what kind of game it will be by the end of the first quarter.

i think we play good and so does White...why?

cause thats a Jetys thing to do. backup QB looks really good and so does the offense then #2 pick Zach comes back and we had a tough choice. with controversy and media killing us one way or another.

give up on White too early and Zach struggles we look bad... let White play too long and he struggles then we took valuable games from Zach.

21 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Secondly, every time I am very excited for a Jets game, its a complete let down.

Does Mike White revert back to a rookie and look horrendous tonight?  Or does he keep it going and we have a legit QB room?  

I just don't want to be let down again, like so often in my life with this team.

If you don't want to be let down, you should start with reasonable expectations.

Mike White is a career 5th round pick practice squad/backup QB.

He has made one start, and he did really, really well.  But it's one game.

There are a wide swath of places between "horrendous" and "keeping it going (at last week's level)".

Honestly, going into tonight expecting anything is too much to ask.  Let the kid show us what he is, don't expect it after one game.

Maybe if we avoid massive hyperbole for once, and set reasonable expectations, we might find ourselves pleasantly surprised for a change.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

You can't stop My Quite.  You can only hope to contain him!

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

If you don't want to be let down, you should start with reasonable expectations.

There are a wide swath of places between "horrendous" and "keeping it going (at last week's level".

Honestly, going into tonight expecting anything is too much to ask.  Let the kid show us what he is, don't expect it after one game.

Maybe if we avoid massive hyperbole for once, and set reasonable expectations, we might find ourselves pleasantly surprised for a change.

Or get a 50 piece at Bon Chon and barely notice the game at halftime. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There are a wide swath of places between "horrendous" and "keeping it going (at last week's level)".

500 yards 5 TD's confirmed.

• Haha 1

I would gladly take 270 yards passing, 2 TDs and 1 INT by Mr. White as part of a somewhat balanced attack.  Want to see the Jets score at least 21 points tonight.  Colts are a better team.... but so was Cincy.  Jets can win this game if they can do to Wentz what they did to Burrow - make him uncomfortable.

• Upvote 1

Que up the Captain Obvious meme's but Quenton Nelson is listed as questionable for the game.  I like our chances a lot better if he is not playing.

He does live right down the street from me....maybe I'll go hide in the bushes and go all Jeff Gillooly on him when he leaves for the game.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let's hope that Mike White can have another terrific game.  That way the huge let-down can start at home (Nov 14th) vs Buffalo when the crowd is at an absolute fever pitch!

The colts have only 3 days to prepare with little tape on #whiteknight , so yeah, likely scenario by then