Tonight - Back to reality or Destined for greatness

3 hours ago, ganggreen305 said:

First off, I am sooooo excited for tonight's game.  

Secondly, every time I am very excited for a Jets game, its a complete let down.

Does Mike White revert back to a rookie and look horrendous tonight?  Or does he keep it going and we have a legit QB room?  

I just don't want to be let down again, like so often in my life with this team.

Just show up and play hard!!!

Well everyone says take away his short stuff and force him to go deeper down the field. Well, that is what we all always said about Brady who has made a career at throwing short to intermediate passes and then from there the play making WR, RB, or TE gets another chunk of yardage with YAC. Now what do you need to play this way?. 1st of all your QB needs to do a few things very consistently, and at a layman's level those things are:

1) Get rid of the ball fast - to prevent the rush from being an issue

2) Be very accurate with your passes - people would say duh, but not many QBs can do that consistently even with short to intermediate passes.

3) Be careful with the passing lanes - this type of method are typically short 3 step drops, so the DLine can block a lot of passes. Be wary of passing lanes so you don't get balls tipped that cause how many INTs.

And have playmakers on O at skill positions that will catch and run for many YAC.