Ulbrich

Vader

Promised a defensive blowout wouldn’t happen again. What up with that? What up with this?

Needs to make a change here. Noticed a lot of light boxes. Pittman killing us.

On pace for another embarrassing one re yards and effort and points.

should Saleh take over with LaFleur locking down the O with seemingly any QB?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

I've never seen wider line splits for a dline before.  There is a two yard gap between each player and the lbs are 8 yards back.

Indy literally does not have to make a block at all for there to be a big hole on every play.

This is very SF but it is not the scheme to play with these offensive sets. It’s like he’s playing a light box in order to protect the secondary…

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Vader said:

Promised a defensive blowout wouldn’t happen again. What up with that? What up with this?

In most cases, the Jets suck with the 4-3

28 minutes ago, doitny said:

so were all in agreement, were drafting defense with our first 3-4 picks

now i will sit back and watch you guys flip out....

we need Centers and Guards and TEs, oh my.....

Still need to take offense with the first 4 picks.  The NFL is about offense.  If we could score points we can still winch game.

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Still need to take offense with the first 4 picks.  The NFL is about offense.  If we could score points we can still winch game.

we cant give up 50 pts a week.

who do you want? a Center and Guard. we can get those in rd 3 and beyond. the line isnt as bad as the defense. 

TE? again we can find some one later. maybe i would use a 2nd on TE.

we have given up over 500 yds 2 times out of 8 games. 400yds twice. 300 yds 3 times....we cant win like that.

• Post of the Week 1

I think we want to attribute something to someone cuz we’re frustrated but if anything should be taken from this up and down year so far is that we can’t make any assessments until end of year where we will have a larger sample size. 

Saleh said it beginning of year, we’re going to have our ups and downs... At the end of the year we’ll evaluate the downs and see if it warrants a change. I think Ulbrich has done okay overall but yea he has to get better at stopping the run cuz that’s been almost consistently bad. 

• Upvote 2

Look we're not expecting miracles with a two win team from last season but these kinds of defensive performances are so bad it makes the team non competitive. And if they can't fix schemes and coach the players better than this changes have to be made. There's no excuse for these kinds of defensive performances. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, doitny said:

so were all in agreement, were drafting defense with our first 3-4 picks

now i will sit back and watch you guys flip out....

we need Centers and Guards and TEs, oh my.....

I rather have AVT and Elijah Moore than 2 better players on our defense. I rather take the next Kyle Pitts next year than a CB. 

Once we have the offense figured out for the first time in our lifetime, we can start really focusing on the defense. Thanks to JD and Lafleur it looks like we are getting there. 

Luckily we have like 10 draft picks next year so we will likely be able to address both sides. But let's not act as if the offense is all figured out. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Vader said:

Ulbricht kept his promise.  We didn't lose 54-13 to the Patriots last night.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, varjet said:

I think the LB and S play has just been terrible. 

The LBers were exposed because the D-line wasn’t occupying any blocks, plus they didn’t really change or make any adjustments until the game was well out of hand.   Bad game plan and bad execution.  

Ashtyn Davis was abysmal last night.  Watch the long runs that Indy had and you’ll see him constantly out of position and taking horrific angles.   Plus, he’s never a factor in the passing game.  Does he even have a PBU this year?   

12 hours ago, Vader said:

I'm actually glad this happened. The defense has been bad all season. It was just early on, there was so much focus on Zack and the O, nobody talked about it. Now that the O looks functional, the heat is on this unit.

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I've never seen wider line splits for a dline before.  There is a two yard gap between each player and the lbs are 8 yards back.

Indy literally does not have to make a block at all for there to be a big hole on every play.

I was noticing this last night too. The announcers were talking about how awesome the Colts o-line was playing but it was looking like they didn't need to do much of anything to create the massive lanes.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was noticing this last night too. The announcers were talking about how awesome the Colts o-line was playing but it was looking like they didn't need to do much of anything to create the massive lanes.

I saw multiple plays where our defense didn't even touch the ball carrier until he was around 20 yards down the field.  That game was an absolute disgrace.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I saw multiple plays where our defense didn't even touch the ball carrier until he was around 20 yards down the field.  That game was an absolute disgrace.

One of the td runs nobody got near him he would have scored in a 2 hand touch game.  Not only are the DL getting blown off the ball but the back 7 seems woefully out of position.  The jets may not have pass rushers, but that DL shouldn’t be that sucky in run defense on first downs.  Is it effort, is it scheme, is it poor coaching?  Every team has gashed the jets on the ground.  

12 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Can someone with more football knowledge than me explain why we are being absolutely gashed on the ground?

the colts have a really good oline.  i certainly can't say why the jets dline was such a sieve.  lawson is a bit of a liability but there wasn't much to be said of anyone else either.  myers has pretty disappeared since he got his contract.  i also doubt if huff being out is the main cause.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

One of the td runs nobody got near him he would have scored in a 2 hand touch game.  Not only are the DL getting blown off the ball but the back 7 seems woefully out of position.  The jets may not have pass rushers, but that DL shouldn’t be that sucky in run defense on first downs.  Is it effort, is it scheme, is it poor coaching?  Every team has gashed the jets on the ground.  

I have to believe it's coaching.  I'm not saying we have great talent or anything but the stuff I'm seeing (ball carrier not touched until way down the field) is completely unacceptable for an NFL team.   As far as effort or scheme, that's part of coaching.  

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the colts have a really good oline.  i certainly can't say why the jets dline was such a sieve.  lawson is a bit of a liability but there wasn't much to be said of anyone else either.  myers has pretty disappeared since he got his contract.  i also doubt if huff being out is the main cause.

The Colts do have a really good OL but that doesn't mean we should get absolutely steamrolled.