Jump to content

Does Zach really suck or does LaFleur do better in the booth?


Hex
 Share

Does Zach really suck or does LaFleur do better in the booth?  

55 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Made the difference?

    • LaFleur going up to the booth
      25
    • Zach isn't very good
      17
    • Mike White is the GOAT
      13


Recommended Posts

In the last 2 games, LaFleur has moved up to the booth, and the other 2 QBs have played better than Zach.

Mike White had a historic first start, and Josh Johnson is looking pretty good after the practice squad.

The Jets hired John Beck, which makes me think the Jets think it's LaFleur.

What do you think?

  • Thumb Down 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

A Zach sucks thread in the middle of a game where jets are getting crushed without Wilson. 

Maybe the jets suck.

This isn't a zach sucks thread, I literally said I think it's actually LaFleur in the first post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We’ll know when Zach gets back. So far qb2 & qb3 have been successful with him in the booth. If the offense goes into a shell with Wilson under center (and LF stays in the booth) then you have your answer. It’s not possible to tell otherwise. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SR24 said:

It’s Lafleur going up to the booth 

That's the half of it, and we really don't know the full of it yet. Was it Zach holding us back because ML was down on the sideline spending all his time coaching him up, or was it because ML never opened the playbook completely.

All I know at this point is that the offense doesn't seem to be the problem anymore, and I'd leave it just the way it is with ML up in the booth. He can't change his game calling whoever the QB is. Zach shouldn't start again until he can handle this offense like White did in the Cincy game period, and I'm ok if that isn't until next year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Then I'm not really sure how you can put the blame on LaFleur for not being in the booth.  

Not blaming ML at all. Just stating that something changed (for the better), so let's keep it that way. ML has shown the ability to actually call a decent game plan.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Then I'm not really sure how you can put the blame on LaFleur for not being in the booth.  

I don’t think there’s anyone to really blame. LF wanted to be in the booth, but the plan changed when our qb coach was tragically killed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Not blaming ML at all. Just stating that something changed (for the better), so let's keep it that way. ML has shown the ability to actually call a decent game plan.

I'm not saying you were, I'm responding to topic of the thread.  If Zach wanted him on the sideline, then my instincts say, the answer is, Zach Wilson sucks....at least for now. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

I don’t think there’s anyone to really blame. LF wanted to be in the booth, but the plan changed when our qb coach was tragically killed

I get it and blame maybe isnt the right word but the topic is kind of looking to place blame rather then just call it like it is, Wilson just hasnt been very good.

I have a hard time believing that moving up to the booth is the magic pill to calling the, good plays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

LaFleur is clearly better in the booth, his personal preference.

The only reason he was on the sidelines at all was per Wilson’s request.

LaFleur should never call another game from the sideline. 

 

 

🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I'm not saying you were, I'm responding to topic of the thread.  If Zach wanted him on the sideline, then my instincts say, the answer is, Zach Wilson sucks....at least for now. 

There are obviously circumstantial issues but it's impossible to look at the stat lines for White (and even Josh Johnson) and not surmise that Zach is simply not ready. The offense isn't "good" but it has only looked completely inept with Wilson out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

There are obviously circumstantial issues but it's impossible to look at the stat lines for White (and even Josh Johnson) and not surmise that Zach is simply not ready. The offense isn't "good" but it has only looked completely inept with Wilson out there.

Every single position group has player better since the moment Mike White entered the game vs. the Patriots.  They have put up 1,000 yards and have scored 64 points in the last 2 games w/ White and Johnson.  I'm sorry, that doesnt suddenly happen simply because LaFleur is calling the game from the booth.  lol

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Every single position group has player better since the moment Mike White entered the game vs. the Patriots.  They have put up 1,000 yards and have scored 64 points in the last 2 games w/ White and Johnson.  I'm sorry, that doesnt suddenly happen simply because LaFleur is calling the game from the booth.  lol

 

Mike LaFleur goes to the booth

power remake GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The play calling has been both more creative and aggressive the last two weeks than it was with Wilson in the lineup. I don’t know if that’s because LaFluer didn’t trust Zach to throw as much or to run all these trick plays but, whatever it is, he needs to keep calling games this way when Wilson comes back. Don’t know if sitting in the booth is giving him a better idea of what the defense is doing, but it’s working. He needs to keep it up. 
 
For his part, Zach needs to understand how well this offense can run when you take what the defense gives. He also needs to be much more accurate with what should be the easy passes. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Hex said:

In the last 2 games, LaFleur has moved up to the booth, and the other 2 QBs have played better than Zach.

Mike White had a historic first start, and Josh Johnson is looking pretty good after the practice squad.

The Jets hired John Beck, which makes me think the Jets think it's LaFleur.

What do you think?

Not sure  and  yes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slats said:

The play calling has been both more creative and aggressive the last two weeks than it was with Wilson in the lineup. I don’t know if that’s because LaFluer didn’t trust Zach to throw as much or to run all these trick plays but, whatever it is, he needs to keep calling games this way when Wilson comes back. Don’t know if sitting in the booth is giving him a better idea of what the defense is doing, but it’s working. He needs to keep it up. 
 
For his part, Zach needs to understand how well this offense can run when you take what the defense gives. He also needs to be much more accurate with what should be the easy passes. 

When you stay ahead of the chains you get to run more plays which means you see more of the play book. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The little money I have is on lafleur in the booth. What stood out to me is how static the offense looked weeks 1-7 in contrast to 8/9. In these past two weeks we have seen much more 'interesting' sets and formations. A lot more lateral movement, whether it be pre snap or during the play. In the bengals game the offense seemed much more alive even before the ball was snapped. Much of our success these past two weeks should be attributed to better play design, and Mike White being the messiah. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...