JFM stole money

5 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

So the fact that he’s done nothing since he’s gotten paid is no concern?  On track for 7-10 sacks?   Dude has 8 sacks in his whole career up to this point how do you know he’s going to get there?  

I get that it’s not a huge amount of money and it’s for a short term but I don’t get how you pay someone off of potential judging by such a small sample selection of making a difference.  

It’s been what 3 games? As I said he’s not an elite edge so he’s not expected to get a sack every game. Guys get paid for potential all of the time. Stop overreacting. His numbers are right in line to what his contract is for NEXT year. This year he’s only making 1.5 mil so he’s far surpassing his current contract.

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

It’s been what 3 games? As I said he’s not an elite edge so he’s not expected to get a sack every game. Guys get paid for potential all of the time. Stop overreacting 

This is not overreacting.  Guys do get paid off potential but he hasn’t shown enough that warranted a new contract at that time.  That’s all I’m saying.  My question for you is say that contract wasn’t given out 3 or 4 weeks ago, would Joe give that contract out to him today?   

11 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

This is not overreacting.  Guys do get paid off potential but he hasn’t shown enough that warranted a new contract at that time.  That’s all I’m saying.  My question for you is say that contract wasn’t given out 3 or 4 weeks ago, would Joe give that contract out to him today?   

I edited my last comment. He’s only making 1.5 this year. Do you not think he’s earning 1.5? Next year when Lawson comes back it’s going to help everyone. He’s a pressure machine and the sacks will rack up. Yes I do think if jd had to redo it then he would. He’s playing pretty good this year and it’s nonsensical to throw out a guy based on 3 games. 

30 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

By this logic everyone who gets paid should have a target on their back and completely 

I said he would have a target  on his back i.e. be more focused on /game planned for, but sure straw man me as if I said "of course he should disappear" ... I would expect no less around here.

This is fan base complains when people  don't get  paid ... they complain when people do get paid. We like to not have our cake and piss on it to around here.

but whatever I'm sure he'll continue to "suck" which is what most of this fan base deserves.