Jump to content

Saleh is a fraud


longsuffering88
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

threads like this a week after we down the top seed make this place less respectable than 6 year old's grade 1 class

Saleh came here as a defensive guru. The defense is a disaster  week after week. Saleh needed a no name qb to put up 400 yards to win. 

The defense makes no stops and create zero turnovers. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Saleh came here as a defensive guru. The defense is a disaster  week after week. Saleh needed a no name qb to put up 400 yards to win. 

The defense makes no stops and create zero turnovers. 

no they're not. You're a disaster.

We've had games with what 3-4 sacks? We've had more pressure out of our base formations than we have in 10 plus years. 

That's a flat out ignorant statement. This game is bad. but we've also had a few good ones. 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotta wonder how a defence that did nothing but add pieces got so much worse from one coach to another.

We were never as shamefully bad as this under Williams, certainly not against the run.

It’s disgusting. Can’t wait to hear Saleh make excuses for this trash.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

threads like this a week after we down the top seed make this place less respectable than 6 year old's grade 1 class

The defense wasn’t great against Cincy.  Mike White just played the game of his life.  If we combine the last 3 weeks it’s scary how bad the defense has been.  It was never as bad under Kotite as the last 3 games defensively. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

The defense wasn’t great against Cincy.  Mike White just played the game of his life.  If we combine the last 3 weeks it’s scary how bad the defense has been.  It was never as bad under Kotite as the last 3 games defensively. 

Exactly

 

 

white made everyone overlook the D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gotta wonder how a defence that did nothing but add pieces got so much worse from one coach to another.

We were never as shamefully bad as this under Williams, certainly not against the run.

It’s disgusting. Can’t wait to hear Saleh make excuses for this trash.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Gotta wonder how a defence that did nothing but add pieces got so much worse from one coach to another.

We were never as shamefully bad as this under Williams, certainly not against the run.

It’s disgusting. Can’t wait to hear Saleh make excuses for this trash.

He's going to blame the injury to White like he used to blame Wilson's struggles. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Gotta wonder how a defence that did nothing but add pieces got so much worse from one coach to another.

We were never as shamefully bad as this under Williams, certainly not against the run.

It’s disgusting. Can’t wait to hear Saleh make excuses for this trash.

Not much to wonder.  Saleh saw the Legion of Boom in Seattle win a title playing Vanilla 4-3 Cover 3, so he thinks that’s always the defense to run every play regardless of personnel.  It’s an idiotic approach to coaching.  There’s basically no scheming, adjustments, or game planning.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

no they're not. You're a disaster.

We've had games with what 3-4 sacks? We've had more pressure out of our base formations than we have in 10 plus years. 

That's a flat out ignorant statement. This game is bad. but we've also had a few good ones. 

That's what my issue is.  This is a bully D.  When things are going well they fly around and pound people, but they are also susceptible to curling up when they get punched in the mouth.  I'm not sure if I will ever get used to a league where you can have a good D that doesn't really stop the run, but that is the direction everything is moving.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Gotta wonder how a defence that did nothing but add pieces got so much worse from one coach to another.

We were never as shamefully bad as this under Williams, certainly not against the run.

It’s disgusting. Can’t wait to hear Saleh make excuses for this trash.

who did we add? Davis at LB and a bunch of rookies in the secondary? 

we ignore the defense in the draft till the 5th rd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Paradis said:

threads like this a week after we down the top seed make this place less respectable than 6 year old's grade 1 class

Honestly it makes it more indefensible we're playing like this, particularly on defense. Like if we just sucked that's easier to stomach than seeing they can do it and then go out to humiliate themselves like this

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Saleh came here as a defensive guru. The defense is a disaster  week after week. Saleh needed a no name qb to put up 400 yards to win. 

Seems the Jets front seven is a bit one dimensional: designed to rush the passer. As such losing Carl Lawson was a devastating blow. Short of a sack or pressuring the QB straightaway, bad things happen. 

It also may be the NFL has caught up to Saleh's vaunted scheme. For a few years now D hasn't been the dominant force it once was. Or maybe Saleh must take reins from the rookie DC Ulbrich.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, McNeil said:

Seems the Jets front seven is a bit one dimensional: designed to rush the passer. As such losing Carl Lawson was a devastating blow. Short of a sack or pressuring the QB straightaway, bad things happen. 

It also may be the NFL has caught up to Saleh's vaunted scheme. For a few years now D hasn't been the dominant force it once was. Or maybe Saleh must take reins from the rookie DC Ulbrich.

Eh.  I don't think much of your 2nd paragraph.  I think they are still learning.  There are a bunch of pieces getting moved around.  Davis is just getting in, the other games they were really pitiful I think they were missing damned near every LB.  Maye is dinged and that is a big blow.  

I think they will come around, but it is predicated on having guys that know the scheme and can run.  They can run, but it was obvious they were going to be a work in progress.  Not sure why we'd expect anything else with a secondary where after Maye, Davis, Guidry and Hall are the experienced guys.  Meanwhile, Johnson appears to be running a functional offense.  Are people going to stop bitchin about LaFleur and admit that maybe Wilson is the main problem?

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...