JD has a decision to make with Mike White

Jet25

If Zach Wilson continues to struggle horribly as a rookie and doesn't show any improvement. Does JD sign Mike White to a deal or let him walk? Mike White is a free agent after this season.. Mike White looks legit when given the chance to play

Wilson not looking any better for the rest of the season is a big IF. Chances are that he flashes enough for the organization to have no issue moving forward with Wilson. 

It's really sad he got hurt, but White had to really roll with this opportunity to have any chance of being the long term answer here. It wasn't meant to be. It never is for this team. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

He doesn’t have any decision to make. He’s a RFA. Put a 2nd round tender on him and move on. It’s that simple 

He might be worth more than that if he keeps his level of play up. We might have won this game if he didn't get hurt. Could still come back strong next week and play if the injury isn't serious. 

7 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

He might be worth more than that if he keeps his level of play up. We might have won this game if he didn't get hurt. Could still come back strong next week and play if the injury isn't serious. 

No way is he worth more than a 2nd. Gimme that all day. He’s a game manager same with teddy, jimmy g, etc. they are all over except he has very limited experience. His ceiling isn’t high at his very very best he’ll be cousins 

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

He doesn’t have any decision to make. He’s a RFA. Put a 2nd round tender on him and move on. It’s that simple 

what does that mean? a team has to give up a 2nd rd pick for White? 

hell if Seattle gave up 2 #1s for Jamal some team needing a QB will give up a 2nd for White. i think he showed that much to take that chance on him.

I still have seen absolutely nothing from Zach Wilson that gives me any confidence that he is the answer for this team.  4 TDs and 9 picks.  This guys is putting up Josh Rosen numbers and we act like Mike White is expendable because of him?  I don’t get it.  

if Zach was giving me Trevor Lawrence vibes who has also been terrible then I’d be like ok let’s see where this goes but he’s giving me all time bad vibes.  Vibes the cardinals had when they gave up on Rosen after one season.  Only time will tell and he will need to play more games this season but I’m not willing to cast aside White for him right now.  

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

what does that mean? a team has to give up a 2nd rd pick for White? 

hell if Seattle gave up 2 #1s for Jamal some team needing a QB will give up a 2nd for White. i think he showed that much to take that chance on him.

Yea if the jets put the 2nd round tender on him then in order for another team to claim him they’ll have to give up a 2nd rd pick. I think it’s a cheap deal for that year too like 5 mil or so 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Yea if the jets put the 2nd round tender on him then in order for another team to claim him they’ll have to give up a 2nd rd pick. I think it’s a cheap deal for that year too like 5 mil or so 

I believe we also get a chance to match any offer he gets; if we decline then we get the pick.

9 hours ago, Jet25 said:

If Zach Wilson continues to struggle horribly as a rookie and doesn't show any improvement. Does JD sign Mike White to a deal or let him walk? Mike White is a free agent after this season.. Mike White looks legit when given the chance to play

Our worst case scenario is giving him the 1st Round Tender and paying him $5.3m for a 1 year deal. I think ultimately they will slap him with the 2nd round tender.