Mims is a joke

JTJet

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Why not make a statement to the team tonight that this garbage will not be tolerated and cut Mims.  I don't think we get a supermarket panettone for him anyway.

watched a "can't wait" podcast this summer & connor hughes after watching a scrimmage said something to the affect of.. he spoke briefly with a ref after the scrimmage & the guy told him #8 is a ball player, #11 is not.. sounds about right in retrospect.. the end..

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

categorically, and empirically not true.... Did you wake up in the states this morning? I thought hyperbole, exaggeration and being obtusely absolute was mostly a North American affliction, but maybe i'm wrong... Mims was not, never was, nor will history suggest - some sort of worshipped, highly regarded prospect that people couldn't stop gushing over. He was a late riser who flirted with being ranked in the top 5-8 of some peoples boards. Senior Bowl praise helped put him there.

So stop. 

I'm taking a knee on him in a Jets Uniform. He's totally blown his opportunity, and i would say "Don't let the door hit yer ass on the way out" after this season. But that still doesn't make your High school caliber  take correct.

IJ has a habit of just making total shlt up to make his take more believable.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

Mims was not, never was, nor will history suggest - some sort of worshipped, highly regarded prospect that people couldn't stop gushing over

I'm assuming you're talking about the national media? If so, then yes. 

But if you're talking about this message board? It was the second coming of Jerry Rice up in this place.

• Upvote 3

On 11/4/2021 at 11:38 PM, Irish Jet said:

The people who defended this clown should be ashamed.

Get him off the f*cking roster and chalk up another Douglas disaster. 

I think defending him a month ago was fine. Just feels that Mims is now missing every single opportunity being thrown his way... 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, JTJet said:

I'm assuming you're talking about the national media? If so, then yes. 

But if you're talking about this message board? It was the second coming of Jerry Rice up in this place.

Nowhere was this written.

By anyone here or anywhere.

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Nowhere was this written.

By anyone here or anywhere.

Jesus christ people I'm embellishing a bit. The comparison to a hall of famer aside, 50% of the forum was still ready to stand behind a glory hole for the guy. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

As I said in your mind maybe.

Reality world, not so much

I'm not going to waste time trying to convince you, just go back and read the early Mims post right after draft day. Plenty of material to be read.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I'm not going to waste time trying to convince you, just go back and read the early Mims post right after draft day. Plenty of material to be read.

so are you saying that Jets fan were excited about him the day after we drafted him and super optimistic? Cause... yeaaaa lol. Thats almost the same for every player drafted outside of Hackenberg (or other super polarizing prospects.)

There was a normal amount interest/hype around him leading up to the draft, and a lot of excitement afterwards - given that we'd drafted 1..... count it, 1 WR since Santana Moss in the first 2 rounds. So, yea... 

I think the ANTI-Mims crowd has been far bigger culprits of exaggerating the situation. What i think everyone agrees with now -- is the dude is on his way out the door. Zero fcks given.  

Here is my take.

A bit of suspicion when he fell in the draft and Douglas did indeed pass on perhaps better players to trade down.

I have no issue with the pick at the time, I thought it was a good pick as the player had a ton of potential.

A few warning signs in year one for me but a rookie in the NFL often has some bumps.  I just thought he did not tangibly get better as the year went on, I thought many of his completions were the same play.

Big warning signs in year two, camp reports were very unflattering, camp highlights looked bad.  He gets sick and misses time.

Teams do not go out of their way to screw over promising players, his fall down the depth chart had obvious reasons.

He has gotten worse and worse and instead of seizing the day after a tough year he goes out a blows it yesterday.

For me I take the Mims fans to task not for where he as drafted or really for year one.  (I thought the pick was really good) I do take them to task for doubling down on the player this year when all evidence points to a bad player with either a bad attitude or bad mental capacity.

He may still have good ability but I doubt if he ever shows it with this team.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Here is my take.

A bit of suspicion when he fell in the draft and Douglas did indeed pass on perhaps better players to trade down.

I have no issue with the pick at the time, I thought it was a good pick as the player had a ton of potential.

A few warning signs in year one for me but a rookie in the NFL often has some bumps.  I just thought he did not tangibly get better as the year went on, I thought many of his completions were the same play.

Big warning signs in year two, camp reports were very unflattering, camp highlights looked bad.  He gets sick and misses time.

Teams do not go out of their way to screw over promising players, his fall down the depth chart had obvious reasons.

He has gotten worse and worse and instead of seizing the day after a tough year he goes out a blows it yesterday.

For me I take the Mims fans to task not for where he as drafted or really for year one.  (I thought the pick was really good) I do take them to task for doubling down on the player this year when all evidence pionts to a bad player with either a bad attitude or bad mental capacity.

He may still have good ability but I doubt if he ever shows it with this team.

What he said. I've tried holding out hope, but yesterday was the straw. The penalties, and him not stepping up now as he has an opportunity. His welcome is worn.

6 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

It was clear as day Saleh had no use for the guy before the trade deadline and there was interest from other teams - why wasn't he traded?

6 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The GM is clueless... 

JD decided that whatever was offered, probably very little...

was not enough to warrant the admission of a dreadful selection, and depriving Mims of a chance to correct himself with the Jets.  

Understandable, but now the “intrigue” of Mims’ athletic ability is history.   Plenty more clay athletes to draft in the Spring and to try and mold.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

JD decided that whatever was offered, probably very little...

was not enough to warrant the admission of a dreadful selection, and depriving Mims of a chance to correct himself with the Jets.

LaGreca asked Saleh today if Mims was failing the Jets or were the Jets failing Mims (pretty good question phrasing, imo). Saleh was diplomatic and said Mims has been snakebit between injuries and Covid, and he hasn’t been able to get into a consistent groove with the new offense. He said that they like Mims, and that he’ll have his chances moving forward, including this week against the Dolphins.

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2021 at 2:41 PM, jetspenguin said:

I was sooooo wrong on this kid. Geez, he has bust written all over him.

I'm over it.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

I’m all for giving guys chances and second chances. Maybe even a third if he ran into some of the struggles that Mims did with his food poisoning, health issues, etc. But we now see what he is and what he isn’t. There’s a reason that JD was perfectly fine trading down in the second round and knowing he would still be there.

Mims will be here the rest of the year and into next season but he will once again have to compete for a job in the spring and summer. My honest guess is that he gets cut next August as we get towards trimming to the 53 man roster. I’d be fine with that because it would mean two things - we truly gave the guy a shot and assessed him, and we have done enough in the off-season at the WR position that he can’t earn a spot.

• Upvote 1