The 2021 Jets Defense is historically bad

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

And exactly what we thought given the amount of rookies playing on that side of the ball.

Just as many rookies on offense. I never thought this team with a supposedly decent Dline and LB's like Mosley, was going to be trashed like this. They have been dreadful in more than a few games. Most points allowed in NFL through 8 games and only 1 INT. 

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

i kind of remember not too long ago in April that this board was all in agreement to use our first 3-4 picks on offense. 

i remember saying that we will give up 50 pts a game. you guys said you didnt care. this is an offensive league and we need this for our QB...blah..blah..blah.

hey i agree. i wanted offense too. im just not here bitching about how bad our defense is. 

so what are we using on top 4 picks on next year? centers, guards, TEs.... will we ignore defense again till the 5th rd? 

The defensive roster isn't that bad to get embarrassed like this, especially up front. The coaching has been suspect. 

• Upvote 1

We're paying a team of professional football players. I don't want to hear about the talent level after tonight. I know it's not great, this is what Salah supposedly does. Take responsibility or **** off. There's no excuse for flat out humiliation. Take responsibility and an active role on defense or leave. This sh*t was embarrassing tonight 

Nobody wants to continue bitching about this team. I know it'd be weird for us being proud of them, but it gets so old being a joke. Im not ever giving up on the Jets but its ******* exhausting having half your phone contacts only watching a sh*tty game to bust your balls cause you actually cared about it

Edit: I even got a text from some chick from work. I don't remember even talking to her ever. I think we met at a Christmas party and works from home.. Just knew I was a Jets fan and decided to give me sh*t tonight. This sh*t has to stop, lol. Just for my sanity 

14 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The defensive genius Saleh has guided this team to the worst defense in the NFL, giving up 31 points a game with only 1 INT. Sort of like the offensive genius in charge of the worst offense in the league last year. He blows. 

Surprising led us to have best rookie QB game the jets have ever seen, with a non rookie and not the one we drafted.

29 minutes ago, Hex said:

Maybe we should rename our team to something that has life, instead of mechanical and prone to running out of fuel

You tried to be funny and clever but it just didn't turn out right. But it's okay. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Surprising led us to have best rookie QB game the jets have ever seen, with a non rookie and not the one we drafted.

Saleh is supposed to be a defensive guy and his defense sucks. Like worst in NFL sucking. I am not impressed with him in the least. 

4 hours ago, doitny said:

i kind of remember not too long ago in April that this board was all in agreement to use our first 3-4 picks on offense. 

i remember saying that we will give up 50 pts a game. you guys said you didnt care. this is an offensive league and we need this for our QB...blah..blah..blah.

hey i agree. i wanted offense too. im just not here bitching about how bad our defense is. 

so what are we using on top 4 picks on next year? centers, guards, TEs.... will we ignore defense again till the 5th rd? 

I was happy with us spending much of our draft capital on offense. Still am. I said during the offseason that I would be fine if our offense was scoring much more and we struggled to win because of giving up too many points. Still am. I believe that a defense can be built / fixed easier than an offense, and I'll not be surprised if we see a lot of movement on that side of the ball in FA and the draft. After years of chronic (criminal?) under investment in offense we needed the injection of talent we got, and so far AVT, Moore and Carter look like they are good players who are only going to get better the more they play.

Jury is still out on Zach, goes without saying. ;-) 

Yes, we still need interior OL, TE upgrades desperately. But I don't reckon we'll be picking a center with our first pick as many here seem to think we will. Not that I'd be against the idea - I just think it will be a different position.

• Like 1

I don't think it's talent as much as scheme, and the opponent. If you're going to run the defense the way that Saleh wants, then you need a Bosa type on one end, and you need LB's. CJ can't do it all himself back there. Once the second half came and they stopped playing the spread 4 man front, the running numbers weren't as bad. (I premise that by saying yes there were still running plays that went for large gains, however, they weren't up the middle anymore. So what does that tell you, This coaching staff either can't game plan on defense, or that we don't have the right personnel just yet to run this type of defense. We need the more LB's who are actually LB's and not converted safeties.

• Upvote 1

The defense was definitely an embarrassment last night but at the same time, going into the season we knew any teams that had a good o-line were going to beat our defense up. We knew that going into the season before Lawson even got hurt. At least the offense is starting to show up. 

With that said, even with such a good o-line, the defensive effort was really bad. Mosley was SO BAD. Can't really name one player that looked all that good. They had that one drive where they forced 17 fumbles but it still led to a TD. 

And finally, Carson Wentz sucks and even after last night he still sucks.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

130 points allowed in last 3 games 

Not one game holding an opponent 17 or under

Bad tackling 

No pressure

JFM stole money

The secondary sucks, stop telling me otherwise  

Imagine this, we get an "offensive genius" as a HC and our offense was putrid.

We get a defensive mastermind as a HC and our defense is atrocious.

I say we hire a special teams coach after next season and hope that only the special teams suck. 

8 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Just as many rookies on offense. I never thought this team with a supposedly decent Dline and LB's like Mosley, was going to be trashed like this. They have been dreadful in more than a few games. Most points allowed in NFL through 8 games and only 1 INT. 

Our headcoach sucks

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1