Positives……..?

Just now, doitny said:

4 weeks ago Zach was playing hero ball. 4 weeks ago LaFluer was calling plays on the sideline. i think this is a new offense now.

Totally. I'm excited to see how Zach plays, but if Mike White can play then that would probably be better

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Our offense looks immensely improved without Corey Davis. 

if Zach Wilson can take teachable moments from Mike White’s film we should be so much more improved on offense.  Just make the easy throws when available Zach

Elijah Moore looks like he’s gaining confidence and can really move well. 

defense looked a bit lost, which is surprising with CJ being on the field. Our defense and the lack in ability to get turn overs really takes its toll on the team. We need players like Bryce Hall to get the interceptions that are right there,  on them. 

As much as people talk up Q Williams and this defensive line …. Part of me wants to trade Q for as much as we can get because I feel like he “ghosts” enough during games for us to have another DT playing at a serviceable level      Would be so cool to see what the defense potential would be if Carl Lawson didn’t have the unfortunate injury  

@KRL don’t steal my drunken immediate recap. Lol. 

• Upvote 2

The contrast makes it easy to see how badly Wilson was butchering the offense by holding the ball way too long, trying to go deep on everything, forcing it to Corey Davis instead of giving the offense what was giving him, and being unreliably inaccurate with his mechanics. This offensive system Is actually qb friendly so hopefully some of this sinks in for him. if nothing else, for me as a fan, I can read less excuses about how the offensive talent sucks and no one could succeed out there, when in actuality, the qb forced it down mid every game. 

It’s also refreshing to see that Lafleur finally realized two things:

1)This offense operates way better with 3 and 4 WR sets, especially early in the game. I.e we need better TEs and an Oline that can run block. 

2) The pass has to set up the run and not vice versa. (Again, need a better IOL to make the offense really work as intended) 

As far as the defense goes, the weakness against wide zone is always going to be against the run. There are huge running lanes created where linebackers are supposed to crash and fill the gaps, but that is clearly not happening, making things look pretty ugly. That being said, they are pushovers every road game and it’s pretty tiresome to watch. The team really needed Lawson healthy this year and honestly badly needs upgrades at all levels. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I agree with this, the offense is 100% completely different now than what it was and it is not because the 2nd or 3rd stringers are better than wilson.

Or maybe it's the same offense but the 2nd and 3rd stringers are executing better. 

It's wierd, I haven't seen any balls being skipped to the wrs on a 5 yard out the last 2 weeks. Maybe Lafleur removed those plays from the playbook

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

1. Jets QB room is way better than we thought. 
2. MLF in the booth scored 30+ points again. 
3. AVT, Moore, Michael Carter. All look like long term pieces on offense. 

and if Cole keeps this up i would resign him . 2nd week in a row hes looked good and Mims is not. Mims might not be the answer next year on the outside.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Or maybe it's the same offense but the 2nd and 3rd stringers are executing better. 

It's wierd, I haven't seen any balls being skipped to the wrs on a 5 yard out the last 2 weeks. Maybe Lafleur removed those plays from the playbook

Nope, hey feel any way you want, this is not the same offense.

With wilson it was hand off into the line twice.

Also lots of drops.

I'm not saying wilson will be great or even good but the offense is vastly different in form and calls.

• Upvote 3

I know there are no moral victories..

Once I saw Mike White's wrist flopping around like a piece of spaghetti it was a gut punch.

Elijah Moore, LaFleur, Michael Carter, Josh Johnson has a rifle. Kind of reminded me of Geno Smith only smart? Lol!

Either way the team didn't quit. We can bash stuff all over the place when we lose. Unfortunately this wasn't the DC's best showing.

As of this writing I'm watching Saleh at the podium and was just going to say we gave Jonathan Taylor way too much room to run in the first half of the game.

A lot of young dudes are flashing on both sides of the ball-

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Mike135 said:

I'm not ready to tank.

The D sucked ass tonight, but look ahead...

Buffalo, ok likely a loss.  Though I'm going to the game and will root like hell for the W.

The next 4 after that are winnable.

I agree, the 4 games after Buffalo is where this team could make a nice little run and hopefully can string together some good performances. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

I'm not ready to tank.

The D sucked ass tonight, but look ahead...

Buffalo, ok likely a loss.  Though I'm going to the game and will root like hell for the W.

The next 4 after that are winnable.

The algorithm says we win against Buffalo. We can only beat playoff teams.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I know there are no moral victories..

Once I saw Mike White's wrist flopping around like a piece of spaghetti it was a gut punch.

Elijah Moore, LaFleur, Michael Carter, Josh Johnson has a rifle. Kind of reminded me of Geno Smith only smart? Lol!

Either way the team didn't quit. We can bash stuff all over the place when we lose. Unfortunately this wasn't the DC's best showing.

As of this writing I'm watching Saleh at the podium and was just going to say we gave Jonathan Taylor way too much room to run in the first half of the game.

A lot of young dudes are flashing on both sides of the ball-

Johnson reminded me of Tyrod Taylor! 

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Nope, hey feel any way you want, this is not the same offense.

With wilson it was hand off into the line twice.

Also lots of drops.

I'm not saying wilson will be great or even good but the offense is vastly different in form and calls.

I guess we will see in a week or 2 when wilson is back

Johnson is a capable qb. I liked his guts tonight, he rounds out what is actually a pretty decent group of quarterbacks. Hopefully Wilson ends up fitting in but I think he’s the wrong guy for this offense. Something about him doesn’t fit.

LaFleur is improving.

The offense is starting to look like an actual offense. Fix the middle of the line and it could be very good.

Some young players on offense are really starting to get it: AVT, Moore, Carter, and Ty Johnson specifically.

That’s about all I got. The D has GOT to get it together.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

The only positive is Josh Johnson showed he can move the ball against a prevent D.  Big whoop.  When the game was in doubt he wasn’t great but maybe a week of 1st team reps in practice might help if it’s not Flacco. 

They got the INT, but they were trying on that last drive, and Josh Johnson drove them down the field, again. A TD puts them within a recovered onside kick of possible winning drive.