Mike White and Josh Johnson combine for 398 yds passing and 4 TDs

1010WINS

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Some of us said he'd be better off sitting a year and learning.

And some of us said he was way overhyped coming out of byu who faced no real competition and should not be drafted at 2. 

The fact that Mike white, a complete nobody and Josh Johnson a career journeyman look way better than wilson is a bad sign for zach wilson and joe douglas.

I don't get the obsession the Wilson haters have with constantly bashing him.

We get it, outside of one game, he's mostly sucked. He's a rookie QB. Maybe he will end up being a bust. All fair. 

Can ya'll give him more than 5 games, though? 

I've never seen so much vitriol directed from a fanbase towards its own rookie QB - certainly not a top 5 draft pick. I almost get the sense that some of ya'll are reveling in his struggles. It's honestly very strange. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

The offense is totally different, not as many drops, way better scheme and play calling.

At this point the offense no matter who is at qb is the least of our worries.  Having what looks like the worst d in the league is a a bit of a concern.

Yes, a bit

The fact that this offense is coming alive is good news regardless of who is at QB.  It's clear that our OCS actually knows how coach and run an offense.  Something that up until last week was genuinely up to question.

If MW and JJ can run this offense, I believe ZW can too.  He's still a rookie, there will be more rookie mistakes with him in there, but it should start looking a lot better than it did previously.

Anyone who is completely writing off ZW at this point is silly.

Turns out Mims wasn't the second coming, and a 40 yard undefended catch wasn't the sign everyone thought it was.  With all the fan bluster about how the CS doesn't know what they are doing because Mims wasn't getting snaps, I think it's safe to assume JN and fans as a whole don't know what they're talking about.

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We get it, outside of one game, he's mostly sucked. He's a rookie QB. Maybe he will end up being a bust. All fair. 

I've never seen so much vitriol directed from a fanbase towards its own rookie QB - certainly not a top 5 draft pick. I almost get the sense that some of ya'll are reveling in his struggles. It's honestly very strange. 

Well Mike White has only played one game and Josh Johnson has only played a few games. 

IN TEN COMBINED SEASONS!!!

Zach has less than a THIRD OF A SEASON as a ROOKIE.  

Slim, you’re fighting a battle with crazies that cannot rationally be won. 

Let it go. Zach will prevail. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Well Mike White has only played one game and Josh Johnson has only played a few games. 

IN TEN COMBINED SEASONS!!!

Zach has less than a THIRD OF A SEASON as a ROOKIE.  

Slim, you’re fighting a battle with crazies that cannot rationally be won. 

Let it go. Zach will prevail. 

I have no idea if he will prevail. Honestly, history says he won't. 

But I want to give the dude a fair chance. We have some nice young talent on offense. Give this kid (who has real arm talent) 25-30 games to see if he can pick up the NFL game. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I have no idea if he will prevail. Honestly, history says he won't. 

But I want to give the dude a fair chance. We have some nice young talent on offense. Give this kid (who has real arm talent) 25-30 games to see if he can pick up the NFL game. 

I’m not worried about him at all. He has a laser accurate arm, as soon as the game slows down for him he’s going to be outstanding. Those 5-10 yard passes he’s skipping are going to be his bread and butter. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It's insanely annoying. They ruin almost every thread. I swear if all your post says is "Zach sucks" you should just get some time away from the board.

Reality is that we are an 11 and 10 personnel team. For some reason Saleh and LaFleur decided to force 12 and 22 personnel and we suck at that grouping. We also ran more than any other team in first down in the first half. A recipe for making a young QB struggle. Last 2 weeks LaFleur has gone almost exclusively 11 and 10 and we got much better.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Green hat said:

Does everything have to be an attack on ZW?? He's a ROOKIE

well no but it kind of shows the the offense is actually pretty sound, play calling wise, and wilson has a lot to learn about getting the ball to right person and making decisive throws.  of course it could be putting lafleur up in the booth where he doesn't have to do any hand holding of the qb.