Stupid Saleh made Mims a head case

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Huh?

if Mims is dropping passes because he’s worried the coaching staff doesn’t like him then he is not mentally tough enough to play this game.

Blaming the coaching staff for a guy dropping footballs that hit him directly in the hands has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard.

Yeah maybe he hasn’t been playing because he hasn’t been playing good in practice and now it shows in the games why he was riding the pine.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Huh?

if Mims is dropping passes because he’s worried the coaching staff doesn’t like him then he is not mentally tough enough to play this game.

Blaming the coaching staff for a guy dropping footballs that hit him directly in the hands has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard.

You must have no kids or players in little league

The more you pressure these talented kids the better chance you ruin them

• Thumb Down 2

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Mims ruined mims, coaches do not make you drop the ball, he stinks and has no one to blame but himself.

Blame Saleh for the putrid defense.

I feel that receiver is a position that requires 120% overload delusional amounts of confidence and that’s why all great receivers are narcissistic asswipes. I believe they tried to break Mims down to build him back up, but he’s just gonna stay down. You can’t **** with every player the same way, and Mims strikes me as a guy who only responds to positive, upbeat coaching. I think (as discussed in that Pauline article) that there’s a lot of paranoia and cutthroat sh*t going on between Saleh, Douglas, and the Johnsons, and Mims is just one of the guys caught up in that wash. They should have traded him.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel that receiver is a position that requires 120% overload delusional amounts of confidence and that’s why all great receivers are narcissistic asswipes. I believe they tried to break Mims down to build him back up, but he’s just gonna stay down. You can’t **** with every player the same way, and Mims strikes me as a guy who only responds to positive, upbeat coaching. I think (as discussed in that Pauline article) that there’s a lot of paranoia and cutthroat sh*t going on between Saleh, Douglas, and the Johnsons, and Mims is just one of the guys caught up in that wash. They should have traded him.

Agree bro!!!!!

he doesn’t need this bullsh*t negative stuff

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If he's actually that fragile-minded then he never had a chance to begin with.  At most, it would have been a question of whether or not they delayed the inevitable if that were true.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that's he not quite so weak though, and fine with the Jets keeping him around at the very bottom of the depth chart for now.  Then, see if he can get it together in next year's camp and step it up, but the insistence of some to be coddling or forcibly giving him completely undeserved opportunities isn't going to accomplish anything of value.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

If he's actually that fragile-minded then he never had a chance to begin with.  At most, it would have been a question of whether or not they delayed the inevitable if that were true.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that's he not quite so weak though, and fine with the Jets keeping him around at the very bottom of the depth chart for now.  Then, see if he can get it together in next year's camp and step it up, but the insistence of some to be coddling or forcibly giving him completely undeserved opportunities isn't going to accomplish anything of value.

I would say so, but if you’re trying to get the best out of a talented player, you’ve gotta push the right buttons. The big knock on Mims coming out was that he lacked competitive fire and could be a passive dude. But, he also ran a 4.38 and jumped out of the gym. If you kiss that guy’s ass and he puts up ten TDs, you still get ten TDs. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that all of our receivers look like a mess right now, even though Moore is coming along.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I would say so, but if you’re trying to get the best out of a talented player, you’ve gotta push the right buttons. The big knock on Mims coming out was that he lacked competitive fire and could be a passive dude. But, he also ran a 4.38 and jumped out of the gym. If you kiss that guy’s ass and he puts up ten TDs, you still get ten TDs. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that all of our receivers look like a mess right now, even though Moore is coming along.

I could understand that, in theory, once a player has proven themselves to deserve that kind of special treatment.  Even then though, you're always doing some dangerous gambling with those kind of players, especially if you pay them.  To date, Mims has come nowhere close to deserving any of that.

Outside of maybe the WR coach/his assistants, no one else can be committing any excessive time/effort solely to one guy, at the expense of others, who's yet to prove anything on the field and, at least according to what would seem to be their opinions, in practice.  I won't argue that he has the physical talent, but if he's still failing at the basic fundamentals of his position, now is not the time for anyone but him to be figuring that out.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I could understand that, in theory, once a player has proven themselves to deserve that kind of special treatment.  Even then though, you're always doing some dangerous gambling with those kind of players, especially if you pay them.  To date, Mims has come nowhere close to deserving any of that.

Outside of maybe the WR coach/his assistants, no one else can be committing any excessive time/effort solely to one guy, at the expense of others, who's yet to prove anything on the field and, at least according to what would seem to be their opinions, in practice.  I won't argue that he has the physical talent, but if he's still failing at the basic fundamentals of his position, now is not the time for anyone but him to be figuring that out.

So, a hypothetical. Zach Wilson is a suburban mama’s boy from Utah who almost lost his starting job because his coach at BYU thought he was a mush. I’d imagine he’s the sort of man-boy who’s ego you, as his coach, would commit resources to protect (hello John Beck!) 

As this pertains to Mims, if you bash his head in to develop him, you’re getting nada out of him. But if you give him a little Zach Wilson preferential treatment, maybe you end up with a 1,000 yard receiver. I think you gotta make concessions in some cases, just to see if it bears fruit

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, longsuffering88 said:

Mims drops suck this year- agree

But he didn’t have that issue last year.

This clearly is because he knows the CS hates him and he’s in his own head.

another failure by Saleh to “raise the players up”… how did you raise Mims up? 

Saleh ruined mims. Needs to be held accountable.

Edit

1 hour ago, longsuffering88 said:

Mims drops suck this year- agree

But he didn’t have that issue last year.

This clearly is because he knows the CS hates him and he’s in his own head.

another failure by Saleh to “raise the players up”… how did you raise Mims up? 

Saleh ruined mims. Needs to be held accountable.

Um ... Mims blows unless the def blows coverage in that case we got one good catch

1 hour ago, longsuffering88 said:

You must have no kids or players in little league

The more you pressure these talented kids the better chance you ruin them

Mims isn't a kid.  He's a professional.

What kind of pressure did they put on Mims other than saying he needs to get healthy and practice well before he gets on the field?  The coaches put him on the field and he's flopping.

• Upvote 1