Which QB would you start vs Buffalo?

Mike135

Which QB would you start vs Buffalo?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Zach or White? Assuming both are healthy.

Play White.  Zach is 100% our QB1.  Let White come back down to Earth against a real good team, then throw Wilson in the following week against the "softer" part of our schedule (if there is a such thing with our defense!)  Worst thing that could happen is you throw Wilson in against Buffalo AT HOME and we get destroyed.  then the boos will come, people call for White, etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JoeDouglasFart said:

Solid point, but we should still give him another shot. Maybe sitting these two last games help him view things better. He is a smart kid with a solid arm. I think he can overcome his flaws in a very short time. 

Yes, I also think he has the capacity to get better. That said, MW and JJ (to a lesser extent) has show they’re already able to deliver. Helping Zach doesn’t have to come at the expense of forfeiting competitiveness

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Play White.  Zach is 100% our QB1.  Let White come back down to Earth against a real good team, then throw Wilson in the following week against the "softer" part of our schedule (if there is a such thing with our defense!)  Worst thing that could happen is you throw Wilson in against Buffalo AT HOME and we get destroyed.  then the boos will come, people call for White, etc.

Yup, need to throw white out there To fail for the fans to see with their own eyes 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I clicked zach wilson by accident lol.

Mike white should be the starter for the rest of the season. Wilson hasn't shown me anything. I don't care that he was drafted 2nd overall. The better player should play. And right now that's clearly Mike white

It's pretty damning that both backups are more productive than Wilson. Not like either of these guys are grizzled vets. Could understand a JAG like Foles looking better right now than Wilson. They've started less than 10 games between them (and Johnson zero since 2018).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

As a bills fan you shouldn't be nervous.

I seriously am. The Jets looked good until White got hurt. The defense was struggling but the offense moved the ball well and got a nice TD.

Bills haven't been playing good ball all year. I think the only game you could call complete was against KC and even then the offense moved in bursts.

If White plays, doesn't turn it over and uses those short fast passes to move the chains and take time off the clock, that's time Allen and company are on the sidelines. Then the defense just has to eliminate the big passes and force the Bills to move up the field in small chunks. If that happens it'll keep the score down and make for a close game. Plus Jets at home and if they're in it in the second half the crowd will be nuts

• Upvote 1

Zach isn't ready and it's hurting the development of other players.  White should start if he's healthy.  It's better for the young players to have a QB who gets the ball out on time and knows where to go with the ball on time.  It's also better for the OL.  

Zach may be too smart to react to what he's seeing.   4 weeks of the cartoon network 24/7 may do him some good.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Zach isn't ready and it's hurting the development of other players.  White should start if he's healthy.  It's better for the young players to have a QB who gets the ball out on time and knows where to go with the ball on time.  It's also better for the OL.  

Zach may be too smart to react to what he's seeing.   4 weeks of the cartoon network 24/7 may do him some good.  

QBs make the wepaoninZ (and often the system)

1 hour ago, JoeDouglasFart said:

Helping Zach is the most important task. If he still struggling mightily, bench him; otherwise, let him continue developing in this lost season.

“Helping” is for old ladies carrying groceries.

I think you can invest in developing Zach, while also serving the greater good of honoring the effort of the team by playing the better QB right now. 

QBs are currency. Ignoring that Mike White just has that “makes it look easy”look about him would be stupid. Gotta see if it’s real - and the team sees it.

• Upvote 1

Plenty of time to decide on Zach. He’s here at least three years regardless. I want to see more of Mike White. I’d like to see 1- if he can play well for an extended period of time. 2- if he is durable. Was last night a sign of things to come? Will he be “ like an egg back there? Or was last night just an unfortunate hit?

If he can play and be healthy he should be part of the plan going forward regardless of where Zach was drafted.

• Upvote 1

How about this for a novel Jets thought:  Mike White until Zach Wilson is as good or better than Mike White?  It’s not like he is a journey man here he is 25 years old.  I don’t care about draft position.  I don’t care about arm talent.  I care about winning.  The team is unrecognizable from the one wilson was leading. Let white play until he comes down to earth (hopefully never) or until Zach is tearing it up in practice so we’ll there is no holding him back like a caged lion.  Playing who is best in the moment to try and win each game in the moment should be our only concern.  And that’s all i got to say about that…

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

55 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

How about this for a novel Jets thought:  Mike White until Zach Wilson is as good or better than Mike White?  It’s not like he is a journey man here he is 25 years old.  I don’t care about draft position.  I don’t care about arm talent.  I care about winning.  The team is unrecognizable from the one wilson was leading. Let white play until he comes down to earth (hopefully never) or until Zach is tearing it up in practice so we’ll there is no holding him back like a caged lion.  Playing who is best in the moment to try and win each game in the moment should be our only concern.  And that’s all i got to say about that…

Well said 

White won’t play.  Whatever happened to his throwing hand, the medical staff did not like.

I don’t trust the Jets medical staff, but it was obvious that something was wrong.  White kept trying to throw on the sideline, kudos to him for wanting to go back in the game, but his facial expressions also revealed that his hand was injured.  

Start JJ against Buffalo, and then ZW against Miami.

Starting White is the only decision the staff can make. There a few outcomes:

A: White plays his ass off against Buffalo, solidifying his starting job

B: White implodes against a super bowl hopeful, giving the staff an excuse to send the mormon back in

C : Wilson starts against a great Bills team, is rusty and gets smacked around a bit, and the fans want his head on a pike and White to start the rest of the season, putting the 2nd overall pick on thin ice not even through his rookie year

D : White plays meh, and we are back to square one