Which QB would you start vs Buffalo?

Mike135

Which QB would you start vs Buffalo?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Zach or White? Assuming both are healthy.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike White’s ticket to keeping the starting job was winning ball games.  That did not happen last night.

This is officially a lost season and the perfect time to develop Zach Wilson.

If Wilson is 100% healthy, he starts.

He didn't even play the whole game, so it could be argued that Mike White is still undefeated when playing the whole game

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, DjHoldyHold said:

Starting White is the only decision the staff can make. There a few outcomes:

A: White plays his ass off against Buffalo, solidifying his starting job

B: White implodes against a super bowl hopeful, giving the staff an excuse to send the mormon back in

C : Wilson starts against a great Bills team, is rusty and gets smacked around a bit, and the fans want his head on a pike and White to start the rest of the season, putting the 2nd overall pick on thin ice not even through his rookie year

D : White plays meh, and we are back to square one

This is 100% correct, logically the only decision to make (assuming he's healthy) is to start White. Let Mike White dictate when we go back to ZW. If they start ZW against Buffalo and the first drive goes 3 and out once again, the entire stadium will turn on him. 

5 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Yup, need to throw white out there To fail for the fans to see with their own eyes 

Unfortunately this is very true....Fans will clamor for him until they see him fall flat on his face. If he doesn't then that means he's playing well. Let the White project run it's course while Zach is healing up and learning from the sidelines.

• Upvote 1

No reason to put Zach on the field before he is 1000% healthy. 

also no reason to take White off the field right now. he doesn't look like he's lost out there.

Now when Wilson is healthy and ready, that's going to be up to White's performance IMO

• Upvote 1

No bigger fan of Wilson than me here but I don't want his first game back to be against the Bills.  Quite frankly, they frighten me.  They are a powerhouse and if they get up big early, they are just going to pin their ears back and tee off on whomever is playing QB.

Take another week, fully heel, strenghten the knee and start at home against Miami.  I get the Bills are a home game too, but they are in a different stratosphere than Miami.

And I'm not worried in the least that Mike White plays lights out against buffalo and takes the starting job for the rest of the year (or the next 10 years).  He was great last week.  Got it. He's a professional QB.  A quality backup/spot starter.  He's not the future of this organization.  

Wilson is.  He should play as soon as 100% healthy, just not next week.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I love how “in the booth” has become “needz weaponz”.

Zach ignoring wide-open receivers because he wants to fire off a bomb on every play has nothing to do with where LaFleur sits.

Amen.  My god Jet fans have to be the dumbest fanbase out there.  How can people seriously think that because MLF is in the booth that the OLine has gotten better, receivers are getting open and the running game has improved.  It all comes back to ONE thing.. QB.  Period.  If you have a competent QB, who can make proper reads, guess what?  You hit the Wide Receivers when they are open (not because you missed the window).  You get the ball out quicker (OLine looks more competent) and, of course, the defense now has to play against the pass which opens up the running game.  This isnt a very difficult concept.  But yeah... "in the booth" is what did this.  Jesus Christ.

• Post of the Week 1

I think the Jets need to evaluate White for a few games before going back to Wilson. If he starts next week and sh*ts the bed the crowd is going to be booing him hard. Tough spot for a young player. 

Best course of action is to let White play himself in or out of the job. If White keeps playing well and doesn’t give up the job this season then the Jets have a good problem to have. 

13 hours ago, rtnelson said:

Media and fans are going to scream and shout regardless.  The odds of a win with White or Wilson are low.  I don't think the CS or JD are reading the  then or fan forums as much as people think.  If Wilson is 100% ready to practice on Monday, it'll almost certainly be Wilson.  It does suck that it's against one of the best defenses in the league, but with great risk comes great reward.  All of this talk will go out the window if Wilson takes a big step forward and looks good.

In White, I saw a guy that had confidence, knew the O, where to get the ball too and on time in the majority of throws.   These are traits I have yet to see with Wilson... doesn't mean he can not develop them but I would sit him for the remainder of the year and let him watch and hopefully learn.  Then next OTA/PS let them battle it out and best man win. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DjHoldyHold said:

Starting White is the only decision the staff can make. There a few outcomes:

A: White plays his ass off against Buffalo, solidifying his starting job

B: White implodes against a super bowl hopeful, giving the staff an excuse to send the mormon back in

C : Wilson starts against a great Bills team, is rusty and gets smacked around a bit, and the fans want his head on a pike and White to start the rest of the season, putting the 2nd overall pick on thin ice not even through his rookie year

D : White plays meh, and we are back to square one

What does Zach Wilson's religion have to do with him as a football player?

• Upvote 3

If you watched Salehs presser today he pretty much said nothing has changed offensively besides the decision making of the QBs.  Wilson should really be learning from the sidelines until the last few games of the season but it would also be interesting to see if he's any better after a few weeks break.  The problem comes if he's as bad as he was before the injury then you have to pull him which creates a mess.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Saleh put himself in a corner by not saying Wilson is the starter when he comes back healthy.  You put Wilson in until he falters, then go to White. Not the other way around. And there are 35 million reasons for this.

He also mentioned that he's going to do what's best for the development of the young offensive team as a whole which is a round about way of saying Wilson on the field if he's not ready is hurting the team....there's other young players that exist and need to be developed besides Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 2

Smartest decision would be to start Mike White.

Play Mike White and if he shows that he's the real deal for the rest of the season, then it looks like we found our guy. If they decided to start Zach Wilson and he stinks it up... We all know Jet fans will boo Zach Wilson out of the stadium and start chanting, "MIKE WHITE! MIKE WHITE!". People need to realize how much that would ruin Wilson's confidence if that happens.

• Upvote 1

If Wilson is healthy, he starts 

White is not the next Kurt Warner, Tom Brady story, he’s just not. 

White is limited athletically compared to Wilson. White doesn’t have the touch or strength of Wilson 

White makes quicker decisions because he’s older and been around the NFL longer than Wilson 

You don’t invest in White, you invest in Wilson. 

Give NFL defensive coaches another 100 reps  on tape of White, take away the dump offs, play him inside out, make him throw outside and he’s back to the bench 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, ScouserJet said:

I mean, no one expected Mike White to be any good, and we've seen Wilson struggle in games this season. Wilson will be coming back following Mike White playing well, and that 400-yard game, and I think it adds to the pressure.

For me, let him learn, let him grow and give him game time where needed. Both QB's are improving, but take some pressure off Wilson, at least for the next game, and let White start. 

Except for the Jets coaching staff and we didn't believe them. Even if we go back to Zach, Mike White gave himself a 10+ year career with that game.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, undertow said:

He also mentioned that he's going to do what's best for the development of the young offensive team as a whole which is a round about way of saying Wilson on the field if he's not ready is hurting the team....there's other young players that exist and need to be developed besides Zach Wilson.

Yes, I agree. I meant his initial comments after last weeks game. You cannot create a qb controversy when you are 7 games into your number two picks rookie yr. 

The healthier one. 

You start Zach if he is 100%, an I mean 100%. I'm not rushing him back to the field. I know everyone is on the Mike White hype train but I want to see a healthy Zach Wilson back out there taking his lumps as a rookie. 

If Zach is not quite ready and Mike's hand is fine, I'm happy to roll with him. 

3 hours ago, Larz said:

If Wilson is healthy, he starts 

White is not the next Kurt Warner, Tom Brady story, he’s just not. 

White is limited athletically compared to Wilson. White doesn’t have the touch or strength of Wilson 

White makes quicker decisions because he’s older and been around the NFL longer than Wilson 

You don’t invest in White, you invest in Wilson. 

Give NFL defensive coaches another 100 reps  on tape of White, take away the dump offs, play him inside out, make him throw outside and he’s back to the bench 

I think most people will agree with you. However, that doesn't nec. answer the question- who do you start? Mike White helps you win games with his experience and quick decision making. He makes the offense run. And maybe it will benefit Zach to sit. He hasn't exactly had a fantastic start to his career. I'm not even advocating for Mike White to start, I'm just pointing out that the fact that if Zach Wilson is the future and Mike White is clearly a JAG that doesn't nec. mean Wilson should start against Buf.

I find it to be absolutelty mind boggling that the Jets are actually considering Wilson to start next week vs the Bills.

#1 - his knee is not gonna be 100% after injuring it just 2 weeks earlier

#2 - Mike White is playing well

#3 - the game is against the Bills - in Buffalo no less

WTF are the Jets even thinking? 

• Upvote 2

On 11/5/2021 at 1:31 AM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Mike White.  The SNY post game said it best. Wilson is not ready to play and needs time to watch.  They need to let other players such as Moore and Carter develop and they can’t do that with Wilson.  

I second that!  This is a no-brainer to me, and if the Jets put in Zach next week to start the game against Buffalo, then it will finally sink in that the Jets coaches are stupid and dumb.  Let's hope they make the smart move, and ride Mike White until at least he has the chance to fail, which he hasn't done so far.

• Sympathy 1