Josh Johnson > white

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Looked better in every way and almost brought us down from 32 

Just facts 

but seriously, hit valiant effort deserves a thread. Dude balled out and came close to giving us a shot to steal the game down 32…

johnson looked good.  better than white?  hard to say.  white was playing in a game where the score was closer so the defense was possibly playing better.  indy was hanging back after going up so bigly.  imo what it does show is lafleur's offense may be as advertised and fairly easy for a qb to execute.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

johnson looked good.  better than white?  hard to say.  white was playing in a game where the score was closer so the defense was possibly playing better.  indy was hanging back after going up so bigly.  imo what it does show is lafleur's offense may be as advertised and fairly easy for a qb to execute.

The offebnse is Easy to execute unless your name is zach wilson.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Cinci played a softer zone than colts did even up 32

29 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Just facts 

but seriously, hit valiant effort deserves a thread. Dude balled out and came close to giving us a shot to steal the game down 32…

They both make LaFleurs system look like it works now. Hopefully Zach follows suit when he comes back. I honestly wonder how much of it is LaFleur in the booth now. Then my next thought would be what the F did it take so long for him to get there? 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

They both make LaFleurs system look like it works now. Hopefully Zach follows suit when he comes back. I honestly wonder how much of it is LaFleur in the booth now. Then my next thought would be what the F did it take so long for him to get there? 

How many blown OL assignments and awful early drops have you seen in last two weeks? It’s a combination of many factors

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Just facts 

but seriously, his valiant effort deserves a thread. Dude balled out and came close to giving us a shot to steal the game down 32…

We had no shot of taking this game. Are you serious. The Colts scored on every possession  except 2. The Colts D stopped trying in second half. The entire second half of this game was garbage time. Yes,  Johnson should be commended for trying but that is about it. Hackenberg would have looked good against the soft zone they played. Oh btw, White scored a TD when the Colts were actually  trying on D

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, rangerous said:

We will see how easy it is to execute  when Zack comes back

• Upvote 1

Johnson may not be long for this team.

He's now the 4th string QB, on the Practice Squad and I'm not sure he can be protected any more times from claims by other teams.

If some other team suffers an injury at QB, he's going to be a prime candidate to get plucked from our PS.

The guy can drive the bus, and he's not going to get any more chances to do it here.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

There have been tons of cases where a backup QB steps in and plays well.  Just look at Cooper Rush last week.  As starters, I think White and, especially Johnson, get exposed as not NFL caliber.

I think White may be the true definition of a system QB. He plays well in this short passing game the Jets have. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

How many blown OL assignments and awful early drops have you seen in last two weeks? It’s a combination of many factors

I agree with that. We still see them now but they are less. Yet, Zach holds the ball too long and moves backwards at times. So he also makes it harder, mother gives an O line a chubby like a QB that gets rid of ball quick. Zach should be stepping into this system now in it’s finished state. Not at the beginning of the year. He did all he could  that first game  and  the entire team plus coaching let him down. That messed with him moving forward, caused the digression I think. Should have never started him till these idiots knew the system worked. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Johnson may not be long for this team.

He's now the 4th string QB, on the Practice Squad and I'm not sure he can be protected any more times from claims by other teams.

If some other team suffers an injury at QB, he's going to be a prime candidate to get plucked from our PS.

The guy can drive the bus, and he's not going to get any more chances to do it here.

We may end up carrying 3 QB's. Seems QB health is an issue here.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Just facts 

but seriously, his valiant effort deserves a thread. Dude balled out and came close to giving us a shot to steal the game down 32…

I think what we have learned the last 2 weeks are:

1- We have talent on offense in guys like Moore/Carter

2- Lafleur is good (definitely better than Saleh on the other side of the ball)

3- Competent veteran QBs will generally do better than rookies

I don't take any of this a referendum on Wilson, rather that guys like Johnson/White have years of NFL experience and will generally do better than a rookie (whether that's Wilson/Fields/Lance/Jones/Lawrence) in a similar situation. 

That's why coaches like Shanahan and Nagy, with teams that needed to win now, pushed to start vets to begin the year because they knew that even marginal NFL QBs like Jimmy G and Dalton are better than the most gifted rookies coming out of college. 

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

This mike white and Johnson sh*t that’s going on is an indictment on Zach . If he can’t come in and follow suit he’s fuking trash …. This will be the proof

Yeah... it didn't click for Zach taking the majority of first team camp and practice reps... if it doesn't click after seeing two career backups execute it competently... time to issue the official jgb bust watch.

26 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We had no shot of taking this game. Are you serious. The Colts scored on every possession  except 2. The Colts D stopped trying in second half. The entire second half of this game was garbage time. Yes,  Johnson should be commended for trying but that is about it. Hackenberg would have looked good against the soft zone they played. Oh btw, White scored a TD when the Colts were actually  trying on D

You know how to tell the Indy D was half-assing it in the second half?   How many times did Johnson hit our TE in the flat near the end of the fourth quarter?   Just no one in that zone.   Think they were playing to not give up a home run.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I agree with that. We still see them now but they are less. Yet, Zach holds the ball too long and moves backwards at times. So he also makes it harder, mother gives an O line a chubby like a QB that gets rid of ball quick. Zach should be stepping into this system now in it’s finished state. Not at the beginning of the year. He did all he could  that first game  and  the entire team plus coaching let him down. That messed with him moving forward, caused the digression I think. Should have never started him till these idiots knew the system worked. 

I really don't  think all that much changed apart from the QB and receivers not dropping balls all over the place, well receivers not named Mims 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You know how to tell the Indy D was half-assing it in the second half?   How many times did Johnson hit our TE in the flat near the end of the fourth quarter?   Just no one in that zone.   Think they were playing to not give up a home run.

Totally, they were playing deep. I saw it on the first TD Johnson threw in the second half and said so in the game thread. There were 3 guys standing on the goal line on that play.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Agreed, but the offense looked pretty good early in the game also and if not for the Ty Johnson fumble we likely score 13/17  pts in the first half which isn't too bad with an offense being lead by 2nd/3rd string QBs. 

Lafleur has not only saved his job, he is looking like the most competent coach in the building. Saleh's days of piling on Lafleur/Wilson and the offense are over and people are finally beginning to see what I have been saying for a while that this defense is a sham. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed, but the offense looked pretty good early in the game also and if not for the Ty Johnson fumble we likely score 13/17  pts in the first half which isn't too bad with an offense being lead by 2nd/3rd string QBs. 

Lafleur has not only saved his job, he is looking like the most competent coach in the building. Saleh's days of piling on Lafleur/Wilson and the offense are over and people are finally beginning to see what I have been saying for a while that this defense is a sham. 

I'm less optimistic (surprise).  But I will give you that LaFleur has looked a ton better than with Zack at QB. 

Yeah, I have no idea why Saleh was held in such high regard if this is his scheme.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Look at the first 5 weeks and how many drives ended because of horrible drops and blown OL assignments

I agree with the drops for I would say the first 3 games but Zack plays a part in ending drives as well. There were a few really bad short throws, some bad picks where he was forcing the ball to places he should have never been throwing and even on some long passes, he threw players out of bounds. I think it was the Atlanta game where Moore was so open along the sideline, there wasn't  even an Atlanta  player in the camera shot. Zack led Moore out of bounds on that throw.

The OL was also pretty bad last night.