New York Jets expect QB Mike White to be recovered by next game after exiting loss with forearm injury

24 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Bizarre, never heard of a QB have this type of issue. 

Only the Jets could have their Tom Brady moment interrupted by a mysterious "forearm" injury that disappears by the end of the game. 

It lasted just long enough for us to get embarrassed on national TV . . . again

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Mike White's injury was the Jetsiest thing that ever Jetst.

It's really so true. 

I honestly had to just laugh (but wanted to cry) when I heard Joe Buck say White was headed into the medical tent. 

This just goes to show you, if we drafted Mahomes instead of Adams a few years ago, he would have just gotten hurt here. Or maybe retired early to join the Peace Corps. Or whatever. 

It's the Jets

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, slats said:

Mike White could’ve put up 50 points last night and the Jets still would’ve lost by two TDs. Didn’t expect the exciting new uniform combo to be “invisible,” when the Jets were on defense. 

Correct.  Mike White could of had a better game then last week and we still would have lost.  The defense gave us 0 chance to win the ball game.

10 minutes ago, slats said:

Mike White could’ve put up 50 points last night and the Jets still would’ve lost by two TDs. Didn’t expect the exciting new uniform combo to be “invisible,” when the Jets were on defense. 

These guy are human like the rest of us. If the players on defense felt half the gut punch we all did when White went out it could partially explain the terrible performance. Even if they were completely unaffected from that, I feel like they would have had more juice in the second half if it were a close game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Good. Give him the start against Buffalo & take a game by game approach.

Yup.  I would like to see White get the start Sunday if he is healthy.

Can you imagine what Met Life would be like if both guys are healthy, they start Zach and he struggles.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Guaranteed Favre/Ben would have gone in and thrown lefty.    Nothing against White.  But guys like Favre and Big Ben are lunatics and just somehow find another gear.  

When White threw on the sideline and put his hands on his head. He tried throwing it and it went to the ground. No QB, could've went back in to tough it out

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Only the Jets could have their Tom Brady moment interrupted by a mysterious "forearm" injury that disappears by the end of the game. 

It lasted just long enough for us to get embarrassed on national TV . . . again

A good hit on the ulnar nerve can leave your arm numb for 20 minutes or so, but never heard of it lasting so long before.  Perhaps there was some swelling of the bone that continued to compress the ulnar ??? 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

This was a really weird injury. His arm went numb for the game, but was fine by the 4th quarter and now he’s good to play right away? Just weird 

That funny bone is really not very funny. I had my arm go numb from landing on it but it went away in a few minutes. I guess if you fall on it really hard it takes time for that nerve to recover since nerves always take time to do anything.

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

A good hit on the ulnar nerve can leave your arm numb for 20 minutes or so, but never heard of it lasting so long before.  Perhaps there was some swelling of the bone that continued to compress the ulnar ??? 

probably varying degrees just like anything else