All is not Lost in Jets 45-30 Drubbing at Hands of Colts; Youngsters Showing Signs of Bright Future

JetNation

9 hours ago, fullblast said:

It’s lipstick on a pig. We have a couple of nice players, great. So did Detroit with Stafford and Megatron in the 2010s or Sanders in the 90s. A nice player here and there doesn’t win games, building a complete, functional roster does and we’re still lightyears away from that happening.

Yup....and that can happen when you change GM's and coaches like underwear.

Oh no...wait.  It can't.

2 hours ago, fullblast said:

Man I’ve defended JD on here for the past 3 years and the current regime all season/offseason but at a certain point I start to feel like I’m lying to myself. I would love to see this team turn it around and play consistently starting next week but with each successive halftime blowout it’s becoming harder to maintain that optimism.

I’ll be right here next Sunday rooting for them to show out and kick Buffalo’s ass, but doubt over this regime and the long term plan is definitely starting to creep in.

I just want games that are worth watching for all 4 quarters. Is that too much?

Carolina, Tenn, Atlanta, Cin..... thats 4 out of 8. dont give pal, we are improving.

3 hours ago, doitny said:

i think the D got gassed. when Johnson first came in he struggled and the D got no rest . 

D couldn't stop the run from the first snap. I think that the defense still has some holes; if the OL is strong enough or has a good running back, they truly struggle. Some weeks, it seems the Defense plays over their heads almost on pure effort; but they can only sustain it every other week :-)

• Upvote 2

Mmm.  I'm not that enthusiastic about the long term future of the club and if anything this year has lessened my optimism by a considerable margin (which is hard to do after the 2020 abortion of a roster). 

So what do we got that's positive this year?  We might have found a decent slot receiver (we already had one).  We might have a decent guard and some young CB2s.  Maybe a decent HB.. Not sure, need to see more.

What have we lost with the new information gleamed from this year?  Well I thought we had a young dominant franchise LT, and that is now put into question.   I thought we had a dominant, generation changing defensive tackle.  Put back into question.  I thought we might have a qb but no, this one looks worse than the last empty hope.  I thought we had safety locked down.  Nope, will be a big need next year.  Finally a good passrusher?  Nope, horrendous injury.   Dominant MLB?  Yea no!  Competence at TE?  LOL!

The thought of spending more first round picks on LT, QBs, WRs and DLine is nauseating after all we've invested..  WIth no guarantee of ever getting 'the guy'.

It just seems further and further away the more that I think of it. 

• Post of the Week 2

13 hours ago, AFJF said:

Last year's team couldn't get a first down with a backup QB.  This team put up 30 points with QB3.

Weird. I remember last year differently....I'm pretty sure we were better with the Backup QB playing last year as well.

Cardinals_Jets_Football_23938.thumb.jpg.e420108804e0f6a553dca857b3015f21.jpg

? 

But sure. Enjoy revisionist history!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Weird. I remember last year differently....I'm pretty sure we were better with the Backup QB playing last year as well.

Cardinals_Jets_Football_23938.thumb.jpg.e420108804e0f6a553dca857b3015f21.jpg

? 

But sure. Enjoy revisionist history!

Good call.  I forgot I'd wiped last season from my memory when I realized it was possible to find a worse head coach than Kotite.

It was the previous season when Gase brought Luke Falk with him from Miami and they couldn't convert a single third down with his guy.

And in the video I said Falk was QB2 but of course he was QB3 behind Siemian.  

So White/Johnson vs Siemian/Falk results but sure, this team is exactly the same as Gase's 32nd ranked offense.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Good call.  I forgot I'd wiped last season from my memory when I realized it was possible to find a worse head coach than Kotite.

It was the previous season when Gase brought Luke Falk with him from Miami and they couldn't convert a single third down with his guy.

And in the video I said Falk was QB2 but of course he was QB3 behind Siemian.  

So White/Johnson vs Siemian/Falk results but sure, this team is exactly the same as Gase's 32nd ranked offense.

But has somehow had the most statistically prolific 2 weeks of offense in the teams last 50 years.

?