Which QB will have a better NFL career-White or Wilson?

1010WINS

Which QB will have the better NFL career   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will have a better NFL career

• Mike White
    • Zach Wilson

Zach Wilson has the higher ceiling, but White has the higher floor.

This just means Zach could either do awesome or totally bust, but White is consistently ok-good.

That said, I think Wilson will do better in the long run just because his issues are all coachable and he has more potential.

I think Wilson has sucked this year, and he's still the obvious pick. White seems like he could be a decent back up/fringe spot starter like Keenum--which ain't bad but nowhere near the potential that Wilson has. The ability to read the field and dump it off to your check downs will come in time for Wilson.

• Upvote 3

If your a real jets fan you know that Douglas and saleh will most likely be fired after next year. Wilson might last another year with a new coaching staff before they draft a new qb. After that he will get a 2nd opportunity with another team simply because he was a high draft pick. He will wash out of the league in 4/5 years from now.

Mike white will be a Josh johnson like player who will be a backup for about 14 different nfl teams and will have a 10 year career doing it. 

I know a lot of people pinned there hopes on Wilson but he just isn’t good. He can make a wow play once a game but that’s simply not enough. He has a live arm but he’s wildly inaccurate and has terrible footwork / mechanics. Don’t count on the jets correcting these issues. 

• Thumb Down 4
  • Like 1

Small sample sizes all the way around. We are guessing, so there really shouldn’t be anyone in this thread too sure about anything. 

I’d lean Wilson, but I believe both have a chance to be very good. (Unusually positive thing to say about Jets QBs, lol)

White has been very impressive. There’s no way around that. He makes super quick decisions and is accurate. Those are the two most important traits in a QB, IMO. (See Brady). 

Wilson has insane arm talent, is extremely mobile/elusive and has played better in the 4th quarter than the 1st quarter - an underrated trait in many great QBs. If he can develop the decision making and accuracy of White, he’ll be one of the best QBs in the league. He’s only played 5 games - hard to know if he will do that.

• Like 1

Mike White has had 3 years of understanding the NFL, the speed of the NFL, the coaching of the NFL, the Film Study of the NFL, he’s had his three years riding pine and studying from the sidelines. Zach Wilson is 8 weeks into his NFL Career. Too quick to write him off. Though it was Mike White’s first start he’s not a rookie. 

• Upvote 2

Wilson. 

White benefitted from the bengals trap game energy, and nobody having any idea how LaFleur would call a game for him. 

Michael Carter isn’t sneaking up on anyone again and now teams now what white likes to do 

the thing is white is more limited athletically to respond to defenses making him throw outside 

Wilson can do that 

White has the higher floor right now, but his ceiling is Alex Smith. You can move the ball, be competitive, and win games with Alex Smith. But when it comes time to compete for a championship, you need to replace him. Zach is still boom or bust, but if he booms it won’t even be close. 

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can understand the ceiling argument with Wilson vs White.  And White certainly doesn’t have elite arm strength.  But why are we assuming White’s ceiling is all that low?  He’s only made 2 NFL starts.  The book on his potential hasn’t quite been written yet.  

I don't think it's unreasonable to make assumptions based on him being waived twice. That said, maybe he has put it all together. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

White has the higher floor right now, but his ceiling is Alex Smith. You can move the ball, be competitive, and win games with Alex Smith. But when it comes time to compete for a championship, you need to replace him. Zach is still boom or bust, but if he booms it won’t even be close. 

So you saw Mike White in 7 quarters and now he's Alex Smith ? Come on Slats It was obvious the Bengals were playing us deep, to throw into that would have been a bad decision. So for once our QB makes the right decision and you've decided his career is Alex Smith. While I don't think MW is heading in that direction I would not mind an Alex Smith at this stage compared to the sh*t head QB play we have endured for forever.

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can understand the ceiling argument with Wilson vs White.  And White certainly doesn’t have elite arm strength.  But why are we assuming White’s ceiling is all that low?  He’s only made 2 NFL starts.  The book on his potential hasn’t quite been written yet.  

if you can make every throw in this league what it comes down too is timing. The 3 greatest QB's in history did not have elite arms but they did have elite timing and speed processing plays that bests the strong arm every time

• Upvote 2

Wilson has the upside, but at the moment White has the mental game. I'm a little mad that there was footage of Zach on the sideline yucking it up in a loss. To me, the dude needs to be holding the clipboard and learning as much as he can be in his absence. To me that's a bad sign, and while I have defended Zach, I can't defend that.

It's White's team until Zach can master this offense. PERIOD !!!