First 8 games of 2021 vs. 2020

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I, for one, think we should draft two safeties back to back in the 1st & 2nd rounds. You have to deploy a team building strategy no one has thought of before.

1 minute ago, ncjetman said:

so right - and interior defensive lineman with all remaining picks

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I dream of the day when these posts disappear

• Sympathy 2

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

particularly 25 year old DE’s from division 2 in Canada in the 3rd round

At least he's still with the team and rotationally playing.  Anthony Schlegel was picked because he showed up in the other guys film, so they figured he must be good...  And he boar hunted with a knife.

35 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I, for one, think we should draft two safeties back to back in the 1st & 2nd rounds. You have to deploy a team building strategy no one has thought of before.

Only if you plan on making them Middle Linebackers immediately, of course.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

It's not a bad draft strategy if you draft the right players. It wasn't the back to back safeties that was the problem as much as it was the two safeties that he selected, and who he left on the board when he selected Jamal Adams. To use an extreme example, if you draft Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed, the strategy is sound. As with any draft selection, the quality of the player outweighs the need of the position. I'd rather hit on a fat defensive tackle than miss on a TE. 

The defense has probably played 3 decent/good games this year.  The offense, about 4.  When those games overlap the Jets have won.  Consistency on both sides of the ball is what has been lacking.  The D started okay but has had horrendous performances in 2 of the past 3 games.  The offense has trended up over the past two weeks with Lafleur upstairs.

It will be interesting to see if the team continues with its schizophrenia or if they can get both units on the same page during the same game.  The second half schedule isn't horrible, several winnable games with Miami twice, Houston, Jacksonville.  Would be nice to see the team go about .500 the rest of the way.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

It's kind of funny that 2 of our biggest needs (safety and TE) are positions that we once (rightfully) got a lot of crap for overdrafting (Johnny Mitchell, Kyle Brady, Jamal, Maye).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's kind of funny that 2 of our biggest needs (safety and TE) are positions that we once (rightfully) got a lot of crap for overdrafting (Johnny Mitchell, Kyle Brady, Jamal, Maye).

The rich irony 

7 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I feel like the bye week really skews that. Sure the first few weeks were terrible, however it’s been like 400+ yards and 30+ points in these past 2

We would also lead in interceptions but Zach missed a couple games. 

15 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

And we are still ranked last in almost every category related to offense...progress!

The 2020 Jets ranked 38th out of 32 teams on offense.

The 2021 Jets are currently ranked 24th out of 32.

Kinda shocked to see how many people thought this turnaround (if there is one) was only going to take a few weeks.

• Upvote 1