Nice relaxing NFL Sunday (No Jets!)

Beerfish

25 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Watching the 6-2 Titans and the 7-1 Rams I’m comforted knowing the last time the Jets faced each of them it was a W and a W.

Almost makes me feel worse because we let other teams kill us with 45 to 54 points.  No excuse for games like that.

Are we going to win many yet?  No but when we lose we get steam rolled.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Almost makes me feel worse because we let other teams kill us with 45 to 54 points.  No excuse for games like that.

Are we going to win many yet?  No but when we lose we get steam rolled.

In both of those games we lost our starting QB early. I’m hoping that had an impact on our energy during those games. 

4 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I think he would take a vet min. Offer for the rest of the year to play on a great team to win.

He already stated he didnt want bad teams to claim him lol.

That's the thing about your last chance... you don't recognize it until it's in the rearview mirror.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ok. I’ll bite. Explain why having Matt Ryan and winning nothing for 15 years despite handing him a HOF WR1 is preferable to what we’ve done.

What they’ve done with Matt is really no different than what we’ve done. 

We just miss on the QBs. So, while they have 1 QB at the epicenter of their futility, we’ve had several.

Take QB out of the convo… They have failed with every regime to improve that defense and/or offense. Apart from finding 1-2 good fantasy players over that span, doesn’t that sound very familiar?

The point being, he’s a good QB for a bad franchise. He’s a “Carson Palmer”.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What they’ve done with Matt is really no different than what we’ve done. 

We just miss on the QBs. So, while they have 1 QB at the epicenter of their futility, we’ve had several.

Take QB out of the convo… They have failed with every regime to improve that defense and/or offense. Apart from finding 1-2 good fantasy players over that span, doesn’t that sound very familiar?

The point being, he’s a good QB for a bad franchise. He’s a “Carson Palmer”.

And yet, Matt Ryan brought them to a SB and several NFC championship games. Interestingly, Ryan is one of the best playoff QB performers (statistically) of our generation. Their defenses have been putrid.

Year Age Tm Pos G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Rate                          
Career     10 10 4-6 237 351 67.5 2672 20 5.7 7 2.0 100.8                        

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Alright I'm noting this down in my journal so you're on record.

Absolutely no need to do so because if he does I will make 12 posts reminding every one that  was right on this most important topic of discussion. 

Do you think that Einstein did not crow about e=mc2 to his physicists web forum after he got it right?

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Ask the same question of all teams in that case.

If people think that the packers or chiefs or rams or ravens or saints are going to jump all over this player then why not other teams.

We have not yet reached nba levels yet where a player can 100% dictate where he wants to go.

Even though the Jets were not playing, yesterday was still brutal.  All three of my picks (Bills, Rams, Cowboys) lost.  Giants won, Browns won, Patriots won.  Only good thing that happened was the Vikings lost.  Hopefully, next week better.  

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Ask the same question of all teams in that case.

If people think that the packers or chiefs or rams or ravens or saints are going to jump all over this player then why not other teams.

We have not yet reached nba levels yet where a player can 100% dictate where he wants to go.

He's expected to clear waivers.  As he should.  He's not good and paying him $1M per game the remainder of the season when you don't have to seems unwise.