Is Sam Darnold officially a bust?

1010WINS

10 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Poor Robbie. Finally gets away from Darnold, has the best year of his career then somehow gets stuck with him again. He wont be back with the Panthers next year that's for sure.

They signed Robby to a 2 year/30 mil extension before the season. They’re probably stuck with each other for at least another year.

3 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Damn. Sad to see him in this state, despite however I may feel about him as a player. 

Dude will make $19M next year to ride the pine. If you feel sorry for him, maybe you should direct that empathy elsewhere.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Yeah but if we kept him, drafted Pitts and then played Mike White. Top five offense 

Should’ve dumped him and BROUGHT IN A CHESP RECLAIMSTION like Minshew or Trubisky ans drafted Pitts.

Of course when I suggested this plan back before draft I was butt fumbled. Just make me GM already please.

• Haha 1

He was anywhere from very good to great in his freshman year at USC and has basically been a big disappointment since then. 

It is what it is. I actually felt bad for him today watching Anderson bark at him on the sidelines. He’s not a longterm NFL starter. 

I think Sam Darnold would do well to sit and observe Mike White play… Whether we screwed him up or not, Those draft picks JD got are a freaking steal… He just doesn’t have “it”..Kind a like a Peyton Manning chucklehead without the talent

3 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

And the panthers picked up his option! Their fan base is in shambles 

So idiotic. They had the franchise tag in their pocket in the unlikely event Darnold blew off the doors this season and made outrageous contract demands in the off season. Seriously it was one of the dumbest front office decisions in recent memory.

As I said the day of the trade the only way he is paid under that option is if he doesn’t earn it with his play.

• Post of the Week 1

Josh Allen looked like a bust today. As a franchise QB - Yes at this point Sam is a bust. Now if Sam  would just play like Mike White he might have a chance to be decent. If Zach plays like Mike White he could be top 5 QB. Mike White is the new standard!

• WTF? 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Sam throwing to Panthers WRs today - 16 completions, 172 yards

Sam throwing to NE defenders today - 3 completions, 89 yards

:D  

Clearly the problem is Carolina’s wpeoeiinz

Just now, New York Mick said:

This doesn’t make the Jets suck any less so I don’t care. 

DRAFT PICK.

10 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

And the panthers picked up his option! Their fan base is in shambles 

Sad thing is I got ban for trying to warned people, I actually used this site as a reference point....and some still blame our Oline, OC, HC, and now the owner for hiring the guy who hire the guy that hire the guy to convince Rhule that trading for Sam was a good idea.... ?

• Upvote 2