Is Sam Darnold officially a bust?

1010WINS

I disagree he looked promising as a rookie.

He had a four game stretch where his stats looked pretty good but the team still lost.

He was never good and didn’t get worse, just was never good.

You can probably say the same thing about Zach

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The big problem with Darnold besides the 2-4 terrible decision a game that make you scratch your head is his deep accuracy. It just never existed. As a matter of fact Robby was way more productive with McCown in there. Which is what surprised me about the Panthers trading for him.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

9F28605A-F6CA-4BE5-B4B7-1A929AAB4203.jpeg

^^

Author of that picture should just throw themselves into the trash for buying that jersey in the first place.

Makes me feel better about myself, because at least I bought mine when there was still hope.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I think we were among the only two. Lol. I then started to see him as serviceable and wanted to keep him and pick Pitts. The Jets were clearly trying to copy the Rams and Eagles at that time. Which was dumb.

I hoped for the best after we took him. I was not impressed with him at all in college. But everyone chastised me, saying he had "the it factor," whatever that f*cking means.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Google “mutt” and the top things that come up are mix bread dogs and stupid people. 

You need to dig deep to find a racist connotation for it. 

Unless you are looking for it. Like all the other non-racist terms that have been hijacked by folks looking everywhere for racism even where it does not exist. 

@Maxman apologies but this should not be tolerated.  Calling a poster racist when it does not exist is not right. 

You can ban me if you want but this ain’t right. 

My kids are Italian German Irish North African and Polish. 

Mutts. Nothing racist there. 

I'd like a detailed list, please.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You guys are posting movies that are 30 and 40 years old.

The English language is fluid.

The use of a word 40 years ago has no bearing in its use now.

The dictionary changed the definition of the word literally because of how it was being used.

I mean, if an Italian gangster says it, it's gotta mean something really nice, right?

• Haha 3

As a kid I was called a mutt. I thought it meant lovable. Cause my dog was a mutt too. So I didn’t care that was thrown at me.  That beagle mix was badass. Times change.  Mutt. Is a negative term now. I personally still don’t care. 

sam is not good.  Neither is the word mutt. Unless your referencing your dog. That is all. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Sam Darnold will soon be following in the footsteps of...

Geno Smith...

At this point Geno looks like his upside.

He commits the turnovers of a gunslinger while scoring the points of a game manager.

He blows and is unsafe at any speed.

7 hours ago, 1010WINS said:

Maybe he never would have materialized to anything, but the Jets certainly played a part in his regression. He looked like a promising player after his rookie season. What do you think happened?

You’re joking here, right? This hasn’t been talked about enough for you to have formed an opinion yet?

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re joking here, right? This hasn’t been talked about enough for you to have formed an opinion yet?

"Undecided" is socially acceptable code for "I still think Darnold will be good one day."

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Darnold is indeed a bust, unfortunately

Since April 5th you mean fortunately.

The more he sucks, the better our trade pick compensation.

If it makes you feel better, I don't care if he becomes Joe Montana next season.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

I'm like 99% certain Weeb Ewbank isn't actually dead and is going to come back and make Sam Darnold our great QB again.

We would've had more than one SB if Weeb gave Joe Willy more weaponinz.

7 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I literally just posted like 6 stories about its use in racism and it being listed in the racial slur database.

I'm sure me being mixed race and literally having racist white men call me it was all in my head.

Educate yourself before you open your mouth.

And the Mets after big hits give the OK signal to teammates on the bench.  There were articles saying to some this is racist.  And it was in some stupid database too. A racist having a problem with you being of mixed race doesn’t make the dog reference racist 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And the Mets after big hits give the OK signal to teammates on the bench.  There were articles saying to some this is racist.  And it was in some stupid database too. A racist having a problem with you being of mixed race doesn’t make the dog reference racist 

Some people think drinking milk is racist... intent is important... people can make honest mistakes. The person who first used the term "mutt" expressed confusion at the allegation they used it in a racist way... we should give them the benefit of the doubt... I didn't even realize Robby was bi-racial until this thread...

• Upvote 4

From one perspective I’m glad he’s playing like sh*t because it means better draft picks, from another I do feel for the guy. There’s a clear correlation between pass rush win rate and Sam’s cratering efficiency. As the Panthers’ offensive line has fallen back to earth, so has Darnold. 

Yes, he’s a bust, but still think he can be a productive QB in the right situation. 

• Haha 1