Is Sam Darnold officially a bust?

1010WINS

Just now, jgb said:

You're entitled to be offended. And I'm entitled to say you should probably ask the dude if he understood the implications of what he said before blasted the dude as a racist.

I'm not offended or blasting the dude as a racist.  Where did you get that?  I assumed he didn't know it was offensive or racist.  People say dumb sh*t all the time without intent.  

16 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

How crazy is this?

Rhule carries with him a hefty reputation — and a heavy wallet. The second-year head coach signed a seven-year, $60 million contract with the Panthers in January 2020, leaving behind the college ranks to try and build an NFL program.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/matt-rhule-contract-panthers-coach/7o198l4ta2nd1er6nrj45j0wq

7 years!!! there not firing him then. 

maybe this isnt such a bad thing if these big contracts are the new trend. like giving JD 6 years. they Owners are ruining the career of these HCs and GMs when they dump them after 2 years. now with the prospect of paying 4-5 years for a guy you fired might be too much for these owners and at least give these guys the 3-4 years they should get.

if they fail at HC and GM they most likely will never get a job like that again. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

I'm not offended or blasting the dude as a racist.  Where did you get that?  I assumed he didn't know it was offensive or racist.  People say dumb sh*t all the time without intent.  

It was royal "you." Not you you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I agree but don't discount when you throw terms like that around to describe people some people will rightfully be offended.  It's a two way street.  

And this is where it gets all crazy, if the person doesn’t know it’s a loaded word, then instead of accusations, how about some information. Look people get offended by all different types of stuff. It’s hard to tell someone what should offended them. But it’s also hard for people from different paths of lives to know every thing that offends other people. Perfect example is what transpired here. The word wasn’t  used in any racial tone and I still don’t believe the way I’ve interacted with the word Mutt is racist BUT if it can be misconstrued as a racist term then there is no need for me to use it.

Blind accusations don’t help 

Edited by Anthony Jet
For clarification
  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Good post except the part where you say you don't believe the term mutt is racist.   That may be your belief.  But at least in a modern context, it is definitely a word used by racists to demean people who are of mixed race backgrounds.  I'm 106 and can see that.

Maybe I worded it wrong, the context in which I’ve heard and used the word applied I don’t think is racist, but as I said before if the word can be misconstrued as racist there is no need to use it 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, doitny said:

7 years!!! there not firing him then. 

maybe this isnt such a bad thing if these big contracts are the new trend. like giving JD 6 years. they Owners are ruining the career of these HCs and GMs when they dump them after 2 years. now with the prospect of paying 4-5 years for a guy you fired might be too much for these owners and at least give these guys the 3-4 years they should get.

if they fail at HC and GM they most likely will never get a job like that again. 

Your right but I would hate to be a panther fan. Your stuck with this guy for another 3 or 4 years. Maybe you sniff a wildcard but not this year

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Your right but I would hate to be a panther fan. Your stuck with this guy for another 3 or 4 years. Maybe you sniff a wildcard but not this year

you aint kidding. the panthers fans are as low as you can be right now. like we were last year with Sam. but at least we had a bunch of draft picks to look forward to. and knew we could get rid of Sam.

they have no QB and none on the bench. and i cant see how they bench him when they are stuck with him for another year. 

that whole Robbie yelling at Sam is a bad look. talk about Dysfunctional. 

we are looking up, they are looking down. hey maybe we pass the bad vibes to them. they are the Jets south.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And the Mets after big hits give the OK signal to teammates on the bench.  There were articles saying to some this is racist.  And it was in some stupid database too. A racist having a problem with you being of mixed race doesn’t make the dog reference racist 

Except the whole fact it's literally a racist slang which  I just explained to you and presented articles of its use.

But you choose to still be ignorant and ignore it and condescend while being wrong.

So do me a favour, just start calling every POC you see that you think or know is mixed race a mutt. And when you eventually wake up with a broken jaw and missing teeth, you can write  a note explaining "well, actually it's not racist."

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1