Given what you know now, does Adam Gase deserve an apology?

T0mShane

Does he?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Does Adam Gase deserve an apology?

• Yes
    • No

9 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Tom's always had equal monster like qualities but just not quite the same level of sinister.  Like, Tom's the type of dude that will tell you all about it, every little detail, all animated, using his hands and big words and sh*t, meanwhile, CTM already done did it.  Ya feel me? 

But yes, now that CTM is gone, Tom is disgusting and can be blamed for everything.

Tom is Mister Mxyzptlk from the Golden Age Superman comics. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, HessStation said:

I’ve honestly never seen a more emotionally inept piece of sh*t get an NFL HC’ing job. So much so, that you actually knew how ******* god awful he was going to be before he ever even talked during his first official press conference. Never before and never since will we ever be donned such a slam dunk loser grace our television sets with a NY Jets hat on his head. Of the long list or horrible Jets Head Coaches, Adam Gase will never be touched as the one who destroyed them all. 

I literally booed Peyton at the HOF ceremony because of Gase.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

You flew planes and bought billboards to oust this man, and not eight months later…
—the Jets roster, which is exponentially better than the one Gase inherited, is 2-6 and looks like ass most weeks.
—Sam Darnold is so bad in Carolina, playing for reputed geniuses Matt Rhule and Joe Brady—that he has single-handedly ruined the Panthers franchise.
—LeVeon Bell is near death on a Baltimore roster where Red Grange could average 5.0 ypc.
—Robbie Anderson is a non-person with everyone other than his weed dealer and the highway patrol.
—Jamal Adams is the worst player on the worst defense in football.
—Breshad Perriman is nine miles out of football. 

—Mike Maccagnan can’t get a job sharpening pencils for Fox Sports’ version of ESPN Ocho. 

—Both Matt Rhule and Mike McCarthy are clearly in a million miles over their heads.
Bottom line, everyone killed Gase for not producing results with the Jets team he inherited from the worst GM in the history of organized sports, and the fact that he recognized how bad the situation was and how he tried to move us forward—as unwilling as we were to make the necessary changes—was, indeed, heroic. 

Please, issue your apologies to Adam Gase, The Martyr of Florham Park, below.

Mike McCarthy, the guy who has his team 1st place in the division?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Given what you know now, does Adam Gase deserve an apology?

Absolutely not.

I will honestly never understand the Tom Shane/SAR I obsession with Adam Gase.

There is simply no chance any of you actually think Adam Gase was a good Head Coach doing good things here with the Jets.  

I get the troll value is high, but honestly, is that really what you want to be, a PatsFaxTX wannabe?

What's next, "Do the Jets owe Hackenberg an apology?"

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Absolutely not.

I will honestly never understand the Tom Shane/SAR I obsession with Adam Gase.

There is simply no chance any of you actually think Adam Gase was a good Head Coach doing good things here with the Jets.  

I get the troll value is high, but honestly, is that really what you want to be, a PatsFaxTX wannabe?

What's next, "Do the Jets owe Hackenberg an apology?"

Gase held back Tannehill.

You flew planes and bought billboards to oust this man, and not eight months later…

—the Jets roster, which is exponentially better than the one Gase inherited, is 2-6 and looks like ass most weeks.

The Jets offense the last two weeks with Mike White and Josh Johnson has scored 60+ points. Gase is still awful but it does seem like QB play is the biggest issue with both the Gase and Saleh teams.

—Sam Darnold is so bad in Carolina, playing for reputed geniuses Matt Rhule and Joe Brady—that he has single-handedly ruined the Panthers franchise.

No doubt, Sam Darnold is awful and I'm not sure any HC or OC in the NFL could win with him.

—LeVeon Bell is near death on a Baltimore roster where Red Grange could average 5.0 ypc.

What does that have to do with Gase's favorite play -- the 1 yard Frank Gore dive?

—Robbie Anderson is a non-person with everyone other than his weed dealer and the highway patrol.

Robbie was a player last year with Bridgewater at QB. It's only now that Darnold has decided to chase him down and ruin his stock that he's regressed back.

Adams is  a fraud but I don't see how this has anything to do with Gase.

Going from Robbie to Perriman continues to be Douglas' worst FA move.

—Mike Maccagnan can’t get a job sharpening pencils for Fox Sports’ version of ESPN Ocho. 

I don't think you're going to find many Maccagnan defenders around here. In terms of setting the Jets back a decade he's probably the worst figure in the last quarter century of the Jets org.

—Both Matt Rhule and Mike McCarthy are clearly in a million miles over their heads.

I would agree with this more if I didn't suspect there was a possibility Tepper pushed for the Darnold trade. He clearly pushed to dump Bridgewater.

Bottom line, everyone killed Gase for not producing results with the Jets team he inherited from the worst GM in the history of organized sports, and the fact that he recognized how bad the situation was and how he tried to move us forward—as unwilling as we were to make the necessary changes—was, indeed, heroic. 

Gase deserves credit for knowing Mac was a fraud, shiving him in the ribs and throwing him off the train.

He remains one of the worst NFL head coaches of the 21st century.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He was a bad head coach trying to do impossible things here and he got blamed for a million things that weren’t his fault. 

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Your saying Maccagnan was worse than Idzik? Not possible. Gase wouldn't have had this team any better than it is right now. What kills me is that the offense - which was supposed to be Gase's strength - is firing on all cylinders but the defense gets pushed around routinely, especially in the run game.

• Thumb Down 1

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The coup de grâce of your comedy career on JetNation!

"Touch 'em all Joe, you'll never hit a bigger home run in your life!"

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He was a bad head coach trying to do impossible things here and he got blamed for a million things that weren’t his fault. 

Well, maybe you should take that argument to the forum for the High School team he is currently coaching for, I'm sure they'd love to hear it.  I hear they just eat up "Adam Gase is heroic" talk there.

On 11/7/2021 at 4:20 PM, T0mShane said:

** No. He does not deserve one.  However, i did bake him a cake - 

242074675_126908329678952_15524549572844

- well, not accidentally. It is for gase so - - 

On 11/7/2021 at 4:44 PM, HessStation said:

I’ve honestly never seen a more emotionally inept piece of sh*t get an NFL HC’ing job. So much so, that you actually knew how ******* god awful he was going to be before he ever even talked during his first official press conference. Never before and never since will we ever be donned such a slam dunk loser grace our television sets with a NY Jets hat on his head. Of the long list or horrible Jets Head Coaches, Adam Gase will never be touched as the one who destroyed them all. 

Not even 5 minutes ago I congratulated @The Crusher for what I thought was one of the funniest posts ever.

Now you reminded me of the thread we had here on the day of Gase’s introductory PC. If any of you weren’t here then to read it, or if you were and have forgotten how funny it was, please do yourself a favor and check it out.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Both Gase and Darnold had to go. Those who said Darnold was ruined by Gasewere wrong and those who may now say Darnold ruined Gase are equally wrong. Both suck.

Darnold had a chance to prove that statement wrong. But he is doing the opposite.  It certainly looks like they were a match made in hell.

On 11/7/2021 at 4:34 PM, T0mShane said:

Dick. The offense of the Lincoln High Railsplitters of Ypsilanti, Michigan is averaging 29 ppg while their defense—run by the ne’er-do-well younger brother of the sh*t-eating HC is giving up about 45 ppg. Know your UP Michigan high school football before you come for the king, B1TCH.

Lincoln high railsplitters are in coney island pretty sure lol

On 11/7/2021 at 4:20 PM, T0mShane said:

are you for real cruel intentions GIF

The people who ruined that franchise are Brady and Rhule (and Fitterer) for trading for Sam thinking he's fixable, not Sam himself who is what he is at this point.    

Also, apologize to Gase?   For what?    He did NOTHING for this team, except help it to underachieve and LOSE.   

What a dumb thread.

On 11/7/2021 at 4:38 PM, BurnleyJet said:

To prevent this kind of thing happening again, I advise compulsory drug tests before all Head Coach introductory press conferences.

Can there also be compulsory drug tests for those who start threads like this?    ?

• Sympathy 1