Crypto Thread (and stocks too, if you want, I guess)

On 11/9/2021 at 8:16 AM, BeaconJet said:

Look into Jack Bogle and the Bogleheads philosophy.  Three fund portfolios, etc.  Total US stock fund, Total Intl Stock Fund, Bond fund. You wont have the huge short term returns but its less volatile and as assured to increase over time as one can say with the stock market (which is to say, invest at your own risk).

Vanguard portfolios, IMO, over weight international and bonds.   The Total Market fund and ETF are the principal holding of all my client portfolios.  Love Bogle. 

On 11/9/2021 at 8:16 AM, BeaconJet said:

Look into Jack Bogle and the Bogleheads philosophy.  Three fund portfolios, etc.  Total US stock fund, Total Intl Stock Fund, Bond fund. You wont have the huge short term returns but its less volatile and as assured to increase over time as one can say with the stock market (which is to say, invest at your own risk).

Boggle wrote one of the simplest and best books on investing called "the littel book of common sense investing".  There's also the classic text book for all newbies.  
A Random walk down Wall street" by Malkiel.  Once you get those two down and you have a porfolio and want to divest it properly.  David Swensen wrote a book called "Unconventional Success".  

All 3 of them are stand alone gems.  Together they will give you the confidence you need to invest for the long term and adjust your portfolio to maximize returns and reduce risk. 

I can't speak to crypto.  I really don't get it but for those investing I hope you get filthy rich.   

Jack Bogle was a great man.  He liberated ordinary investors from predatory brokers and gave them the tools to succeed long term.  He's principles are timeless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

• 1 year later...
On 11/8/2021 at 3:01 PM, HessStation said:

I don’t know exactly when but AUCTION.X is gonna boom too. It’s inevitable 

So I stupidly dropped a dime on this sh*tcoin back in 2021 when I read this and it immediately tanked to almost nothing. I just saw it's finally back to the green.

Any reason I shouldn't immediately convert it to Bitcoin? Any good reason why it's pumping or is it just sh*tcoiners sh*tcoining?

On 12/22/2021 at 5:02 PM, Biggs said:

Boggle wrote one of the simplest and best books on investing called "the littel book of common sense investing".  There's also the classic text book for all newbies.  
A Random walk down Wall street" by Malkiel.  Once you get those two down and you have a porfolio and want to divest it properly.  David Swensen wrote a book called "Unconventional Success".  

All 3 of them are stand alone gems.  Together they will give you the confidence you need to invest for the long term and adjust your portfolio to maximize returns and reduce risk. 

I can't speak to crypto.  I really don't get it but for those investing I hope you get filthy rich.   

Jack Bogle was a great man.  He liberated ordinary investors from predatory brokers and gave them the tools to succeed long term.  He's principles are timeless. 

Ive read all of those….  Read William Bernstein as well, he’s terrific.  Great post. 

On 12/20/2023 at 6:05 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

So I stupidly dropped a dime on this sh*tcoin back in 2021 when I read this and it immediately tanked to almost nothing. I just saw it's finally back to the green.

Any reason I shouldn't immediately convert it to Bitcoin? Any good reason why it's pumping or is it just sh*tcoiners sh*tcoining?

Convert it into a Real World Asset (RWA)