Odell Beckham wants to land in Seattle

Jetsfan80

32 minutes ago, Hex said:

Based on how Cleveland played without him compared to with him, I don't see why the Seahawks would sign him. But, the more the merrier! 

Agreed - if they don't need to trade 2 firsts for a player that isn't going to make an impact, why bother?

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Becham seems like a Cheatriots sort of move that will create an unending stream of sports analysts praise and ball washing.

You can say what you want about BB - and I say plenty, but he maintains a tight reign on his team - I can't think Odell would be happy there. Also, BB released Cam to protect his rookie QB - I can't see him subjecting him to the Odell's diva attitude.

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Based on how Cleveland played without him compared to with him, I don't see why the Seahawks would sign him. But, the more the merrier! 

I think odb put a lot of pressure on mayfield. Truth of the matter is that baker is a notch above a game manager at this point in his career. He isn’t the type of QB that can throw a WR open or consistently put the ball where only the WR can get it in tight windows. Eli was willing to let odb go and get the football, baker finds open guys and relies heavily (and he should) on an elite running game. I’m not here saying we’ll ever see the ODB we all saw with the giants but I think the browns offense / mayfield put a low ceiling on him. I’d be more willing to bet he’ll be a 1k receiver again if he lands in the right system than him looking as bad as he did in Cleveland. The browns offense is a ball control, heavy run system. They don’t need / can’t really produce high catch high yardage WRers because, for the most part, the attempts aren’t really there. If baker is throwing 40+ times a game, the browns probably aren’t winning the game.

• Sympathy 3

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

I think odb put a lot of pressure on mayfield. Truth of the matter is that baker is a notch above a game manager at this point in his career. He isn’t the type of QB that can throw a WR open or consistently put the ball where only the WR can get it in tight windows. Eli was willing to let odb go and get the football, baker finds open guys and relies heavily (and he should) on an elite running game. I’m not here saying we’ll ever see the ODB we all saw with the giants but I think the browns offense / mayfield put a low ceiling on him. I’d be more willing to bet he’ll be a 1k receiver again if he lands in the right system than him looking as bad as he did in Cleveland.

Correct. QB maketh the man.

Although the wild card is he is a risk to diva himself off his next team. He's gonna get a bunch of lowball offers, accept one out of desperation, and after his first good game whine about being underpaid. Watch.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Correct. QB maketh the man.

Although the wild card is he is a risk to diva himself off his next team. He's gonna get a bunch of lowball offers, accept one out of desperation, and after his first good game whine about being underpaid. Watch.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the browns are on the hook for his salary this year. Nobody will likely claim him so he’ll likely sign for league min with his next team. The browns will pay the difference and odb is a free agent next year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, extmenace said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but the browns are on the hook for his salary this year. Nobody will likely claim him so he’ll likely sign for league min with his next team. The browns will pay the difference and odb is a free agent next year.

Not sure of contract situation, actually :) 

Just now, extmenace said:

That’s how it normally goes when a player is released during the season. Players salaries are guaranteed for the year if they make the opening day roster.

Yeah, you're right. So then the question is does he have offset language.... 

Just now, jgb said:

Yeah, you're right. So then the question is does he have offset language.... 

I know they were tinkering with his contract before they agreed to release him. I don’t know enough about the contract but I find it hard to believe he’d willing give up guaranteed money (think I saw 7+ million). 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

I know they were tinkering with his contract before they agreed to release him. I don’t know enough about the contract but I find it hard to believe he’d willing give up guaranteed money (think I saw 7+ million). 

My point is if he does have language disallowing offsets then he indeed can double dip and his next salary will be relevant, and a potential point of whinery.

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I figured the Raiders would be a good spot for him now that Ruggs is gone. Bryan Edwards is their current number 1 receiver and it looked like he had trouble getting open against the Giants.

They just signed desean Jackson today. Prob takes them out of the running…

OBJ is very delusional saying that he wants to play for the Seattle Seahawks and if he gets signed by a non playoff team, he will create problems for that team. I'm sorry I hope no team signs him, so he can get the message that no team will put up with him!!! 

He better enjoy that contract that he received from the Giants because that is the last time, he will see one like that because no team will want to sign an ingrate to a huge deal!!! I really hope no team signs him from now until the end of the season, so he can think deeply what he did and if he will be signed to a multi year deal!!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

So does Jamal, so they're a perfect match!

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/i-can-do-it-all-man-despite-struggles-seahawks-jamal-adams-says-he-hasnt-lost-confidence/

‘I can do it all, man’: Despite struggles, Seahawks’ Jamal Adams says he hasn’t lost confidence

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Its a no win game for Seattle if they sign him because if OBJ smokes Jamal in practice that proves Jamal sucks and if Jamal can actually cover OBJ than that proves OBJ sucks.  No way they sign him. 

The problem with OBJ is that he doesn't like when DBs get physical with him. Remember Josh Norman got physical with him and he put a tantrum on the sideline. If you put a physical DB on OBJ throughout the season, OBJ will be throwing a tantrum and blame everyone including the QB but not himself.

• Upvote 1