Zach Wilson returns to practice

Patriot Killa

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I still think Zachs first start will be against the Texans

Hopefully either that or towards the end of the season. He isn't ready, and Mike White will build up confidence with the team. The thing that's worse than starting a rookie QB at the start of the season with a disconnected OL is doing it with a losing culture. Starting Zach against bad teams or Mike White for the whole season will help expel the losing culture that's plagued the franchise for years.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I hope this is a bit of posturing by Saleh and making the Bills plan for Zach and White, and he's not actually thinking about starting him Sunday. 

Yes, throws a wrinkle into the Bills gameplans. 

Cuts out a little more work watching tape on both

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Yes, throws a wrinkle into the Bills gameplans. 

Cuts out a little more work watching tape on both

I mean, Wilson and White play completely different games currently, I wouldn't be surprised if not knowing who's starting could have quite an effect on what they do. Planning for 1 QB is much easier than 2

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I still think Zachs first start will be against the Texans

Agreed.  Perfect spot for him to return.  Less pressure on the road.  Against a bad defense.  May as well try to put him in the best position to succeed when they go back to him.  At home, against the best defense in the league; I can't imagine the crowd reaction if they go 3 and out first possession, or if he turns the ball over early. 

Set him up to succeed.  Houston is a much softer landing spot for him.

• Upvote 1

MUCH easier to put Zach into a game where White is faltering than to simply start Zach when the Jets and fans have seen 5 consecutive promising quarters of Mike White (until that minor injury).  White has not yet done anything to make people lose confidence in him.... but, that could happen.  If it does then putting Zach into the game at Halftime following White have a 3 INT first half or something wouldn't be questioned.

• Upvote 4