The ***Official*** You know you’re going to make fun of Fields MNF thread

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Dude he played decent. Had a good drive to go ahead though the minute they scored I knew they would lose on a FG. But it's not like he was so awesome that it validates taking him over Zach. Fields has been pretty awful in many games this season as well. Reality is we will not know for another full season at least. I said all along that all of the Top guys could succeed, but if you think he was awesome last night it is just your own confirmation bias.

He played outstanding and I'm not the only one saying it, so take your confirmation bias and shove it.  He had numerous big plays called back, including a TD.  This was on the road, in Pittsburgh, where they have a current streak of straight wins at home on MNF.   Fields has had 2 stinkers and has been pretty much outstanding otherwise. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Lol have you met the black kettle?

Can you name the poster who has changed their name in support of Zach Wilson and has a picture in their avatar?  Then I'd like you to show me the poster, who didnt want him but yet has fully embraced and literally defends, Wilson, like I have to this very day.

You cant? 

Good, now apologize. 

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh? Awesome? After one good game? 

Was Zach Wilson "awesome" after the Titans game?

Fields has had numerous great games.  Wilson had 1 half of Football.  Fields is significantly better at this stage.  We'll see how it plays out a few years down the road.

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The flag wasn't thrown for hitting the ref.  It was thrown for taunting that happened just before that.

The optics of a ref pretty clearly making aggressive, physical contact with a player reveals an emotional bias and puts any call of his in question, particularly when that call comes on the very player he is throwing the flag on. Makes a pretty strong case that the flag was nothing but game management.

If that taunting flag was thrown on a Jets player while playing the Patriots, you'd probably question it, too.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Fields has had numerous great games.  Wilson had 1 half of Football.  Fields is significantly better at this stage.  We'll see how it plays out a few years down the road.

Fields has had numerous great games? In the pros? 

List them, please

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The optics of a ref pretty clearly making aggressive, physical contact with a player reveals an emotional bias and puts any call of his in question, particularly when that call comes on the very player he is throwing the flag on. Makes a pretty strong case that the flag was nothing but game management.

If that taunting flag was thrown on a Jets player while playing the Patriots, you'd probably question it, too.

You watched that video and saw the ref "making aggressive, physical contact" with the player?

I guess if that's what you saw then I can understand your concern.   I did not see anything approaching that, to me it seemed more like he was trying to move and their paths got crossed.  The flag was coming out regardless of any contact.

28 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He played outstanding and I'm not the only one saying it, so take your confirmation bias and shove it.  He had numerous big plays called back, including a TD.  This was on the road, in Pittsburgh, where they have a current streak of straight wins at home on MNF.   Fields has had 2 stinkers and has been pretty much outstanding otherwise. 

Seriously? He has been objectively awful. He has a 69 rating for the entire season, and the lowest Total QBR in the NFL and is 33rd. 

No issue with you liking the guy but outstanding and Fields do not belong in the same sentence yet. Maybe some day, but right now he is not even mediocre.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You watched that video and saw the ref "making aggressive, physical contact" with the player?

I guess if that's what you saw then I can understand your concern.   I did not see anything approaching that, to me it seemed more like he was trying to move and their paths got crossed.  The flag was coming out regardless of any contact.

He was looking back and knew the player was there and sticks his butt/hips out, reminiscent of a hockey style hip check.

It wasn't an accident, it wasn't defensive, and he wasn't trying to stop the player from making contact with someone else. It was intentional, unprofessional, and disgusting, and if it was a player doing that to the ref, it'd be called "aggressive" and he'd be thrown out of the game, fined, and suspended.

But, I expect the league to take no such actions, because that would be admitting one of their most veteran, infallible refs is capable of such fraud.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Seriously? He has been objectively awful. He has a 69 rating for the entire season, and the lowest Total QBR in the NFL and is 33rd. 

No issue with you liking the guy but outstanding and Fields do not belong in the same sentence yet. Maybe some day, but right now he is not even mediocre.

He's had 2 bad games that have skewed those numbers.  He's been absolutely outstanding outside of those 2 games.  Your Fields hate is disgusting.   91, 88, 82, 84, 75.  That's the real Fields.  The 2 stinkers that drop his average down; 44 vs. Tampa and 40 vs. Clev (his first ever start) are clear and obvious outliers.  

Think before you post. 

27 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He's had 2 bad games that have skewed those numbers.  He's been absolutely outstanding outside of those 2 games.  Your Fields hate is disgusting.   91, 88, 82, 84, 75.  That's the real Fields.  The 2 stinkers that drop his average down; 44 vs. Tampa and 40 vs. Clev (his first ever start) are clear and obvious outliers.  

Think before you post. 

I don't hate Fields. I am glad he is not a Jet, but just pointing out that you, who did love Fields is not being objective on any level.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I don't hate Fields. I am glad he is not a Jet, but just pointing out that you, who did love Fields is not being objective on any level.

Not for nothing, but weren’t you the one running around here for months before the draft proclaiming the greatness that was Zach Wilson?   When objective criticisms were raised about him you dismissed everyone as being haters and continued to fellate  Zach with disturbing regularity.   I’m not sure you can really criticize anyone about objectivity.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

There is a zero percent chance you would ever call a 17/29 1TD and 1INT performance by Zach Wilson "outstanding" so please take your confirmation bias and shove it. 

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I'm being 100% objective.  I told you he had 2 terrible games and the rest have been very good.  lmfao  Not being objective would be to say something like, he's perfect.  Played great every game.  I'm not saying that.  I'm saying he put up 2 complete stinkers and has been really good otherwise, because well, that's reality. 

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm being 100% objective.  I told you he had 2 terrible games and the rest have been very good.  lmfao  Not being objective would be to say something like, he's perfect.  Played great every game.  I'm not saying that.  I'm saying he put up 2 complete stinkers and has been really good otherwise, because well, that's reality. 

Are you sure you know what "very good" means? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Not for nothing, but weren’t you the one running around here for months before the draft proclaiming the greatness that was Zach Wilson?   When objective criticisms were raised about him you dismissed everyone as being haters and continued to fellate  Zach with disturbing regularity.   I’m not sure you can really criticize anyone about objectivity.  

Yes, fair point and I am still excited for Zach.  I was trying to point out the irony. I still do think that some of the Zach criticisms I saw would get all lathered up were and continue to be ludicrous. Like he is short and small even after it was measured that he wasnt and is basically exactly the same size as Rodgers, or that he was too pretty or Mormon or injury prone none of which are really true.

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yes, I know, factual data tend to destroy false narratives based on personal bias 

lmfao - this is legit, the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard.  You're so much better than this, why are you doing this to your stellar reputation? 

Let's play the data game:

Josh Allen threw 2 picks vs. the Jags.  The Bills didnt score a TD.  This factual data  destroys the false narrative that Josh Allen is a good QB

Come'on slim! 

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There is a zero percent chance you would ever call a 17/29 1TD and 1INT performance by Zach Wilson "outstanding" so please take your confirmation bias and shove it. 

On the road in Pittsburg and a game they should have won if they didnt get jobbed out of it?

You clearly dont know me, homey, so stfu. 

9 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Chris Simms is already saying he may have been wrong about Fields.  That didn’t take long. ????

Oh sh*t, Chris Simms is saying it?  What a ******* blow hard.  lmfao

This is a situation where sometimes I wish I had better will power and I just let the universe correct itself and do all my work for me, just always seems to work itself out like that for me...really need to learn to control myself better. 

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

image.thumb.png.996b1c05b2ce1122ad942ddba75df756.png

Does the word "fantastic" have an alternative meaning I am unaware of? 

I watched every snap of his.  Even the stinkers had more to do w/ his teammates than him.  As everyone saw last night the Bears love to self sabotage.  Watching them, you would think Fields is the vet playing with a bunch of rookies.  Fields’ bad moment have been the run of the mill rookie stuff (i.e., getting fooled by an exotic look, holding the ball too long, ball security in & out the pocket…etc.).  The long term stuff which I value like decision making, accuracy and ball placement have been very good.  I don’t think we’ve seen his “fantastic” game yet.  He can play much better IMO.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

image.thumb.png.996b1c05b2ce1122ad942ddba75df756.png

Does the word "fantastic" have an alternative meaning I am unaware of? 

Did you watch the game last night?  He was fantastic despite the stat line.  Just like all these other games too.  He is their entire offense, his team is by far the worst offense in the NFL.  Not even close. 

I'm shocked by this angle and you.  I really thought you were a deeper poster.  

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

lmfao - this is legit, the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard.  You're so much better than this, why are you doing this to your stellar reputation? 

Let's play the data game:

Josh Allen threw 2 picks vs. the Jags.  The Bills didnt score a TD.  This factual data  destroys the false narrative that Josh Allen is a good QB

Come'on slim! 

Hmmm. You seem confused. The argument isn't that Justin Fields is a bad QB or that he will be a bad pro. 

The argument is that he hasn't performed any better than Zach Wilson has. He has had just as many "bad" games and they both have had one very good game. (Btw, it's worth pointing out that Wilson led the Jets to a comeback victory in his good game . . . )

In another post, you actually wrote that Fields has been "fantastic" outside of two bad games - as the game by game stats I posted above illustrate - this is blatantly untrue. 

So - You should ask yourself why, in your mind, you have perceived Fields to be markedly better than Wilson, when in point of fact, they have performed very similarly. 

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Sorry but this is delusional. Fields has 4 TD's to 8 int's. He and Wilson have both been more bad than good. 

Disagree.  Those stats are jaded by 2 games.  He's been fantastic otherwise.   Did you watch the game last night?  Did he better than the stat line?  **** yes he did, you're lying to yourself if you say different. 

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

On the road in Pittsburg and a game they should have won if they didnt get jobbed out of it?

You clearly dont know me, homey, so stfu. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I know you think you are smarter than you are and when proven wrong, you default to taking shots at fellow posters.  

now-kith-mike-tyson.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I know you think you are smarter than you are and when proven wrong, you default to taking shots at fellow posters.  

Ummmm, you told me to shove it.  lmfao  Cant take the heat, gtfo the kitchen

I'm ******* slaying you fools.