The ***Official*** You know you’re going to make fun of Fields MNF thread

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Throughout my fandom, like most probably, I’ve said something along the lines of “the NFL is fixed” but never actually believed it.

Tonight I kind of believe it.

I only started watching on that last Bears drive, so I haven't really seen many of these calls, but I believe you all when you say it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Throughout my fandom, like most probably, I’ve said something along the lines of “the NFL is fixed” but never actually believed it.

I never want to be one of those “officials are the antichrist” guys, but that was the worst officiated game I’ve ever seen. You know it’s bad when ESPN’s own announcers are killing them. ESPN is a marketing arm of the NFL. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yup. Worst I’ve ever seen, and the refs as a whole this season have been as bad as I can remember.

37 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Harris is a slippery motherfcker - but man, he is slowwww 

His career has 4-5 year expiry date IMO. No pop in his game.

I thought he would be a bust because of this but he's been better then I thought....his success is partially because of usage I think they feed him the ball constantly. 

29 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It’s to the point where you can tell when a flag will be thrown based on which team is  getting the majority of the favorable calls.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

I thought he would be a bust because of this but he's been better then I thought....his success is partially because of usage I think they feed him the ball constantly. 

I got a hard time from fellow draft pundits for not being high on Harris - though I did appreciate the effort down the stretch at Bama... but he has not been anything special this year. Volume keeps him relevant... hell of a load to take down, but visible lack of short area quickness

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I got a hard time from fellow draft pundits for not being high on Harris - though I did appreciate the effort down the stretch at Bama... but he has not been anything special this year. Volume keeps him relevant... hell of a load to take down, but visible lack of short area quickness

Yeah people got upset when I said I didn't think he was anything special lol...part of the reason I thought it was a bad pick was because their line was awful last year but it looks like they upgraded...honestly I'm more impressed with Freiermuth I thought he would be a good pick for the Jets in the 2nd.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't believe it was fixed but I do think at some point in the game carrente got fed up with the bears yelling at him (he deserved it) and made a phantom call while hip checking a player. 

He deserves a suspension. 

• Upvote 1