The ***Official*** You know you’re going to make fun of Fields MNF thread

50 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

OK so let's eliminate the 2 bad games for Fields and the 2 bad games for Zach:

Fields: 75 for 120 62.5% 3TD 4 INTs and 960 yards. Rating: 81.94

Zach:  66 for 112 58.4% 4TD 3 INTs and 798 yards Rating  80.92

If that is the difference between awesome and terrible for you, then have at it..

Both have not been good, and Fields has been arguably worse. You like Fields hate Zach but are rooting for him as a Jet. We get it. And again it is way too early to evaluate either of these guys,

You're not including rushing but I digress.  Once again, you guys are dumbing it down to stats. Stats, dont tell the whole story.  Just like last night, Fields played way better then what you see in the box score.  This is not complex, it's quite simple.  So I wont belabor this point but I think you understand why this is a stupid exercise, dont even get me started on the garbage time padding consideration or surroundings.  I could also bust out some real sh*t like; Zach took every single starter rep in preseason.  Fields, did not.  Much more challenging for a rookie on limited reps to adapt but again, I dont want to drop deep knowledge on you guys.  And, once again...I didnt bring this topic up, amigo.  I never compared Fields to Wilson.  I just complimented Fields play.  You guys went all..."yeah but Zach!" on that ass, not me.  

I dont like that you say "I hate Zach".  It upsets me because that's simply not true.  He's actually really impressed me since joining my favorite Football team.  He's better in ways that I thought he'd be bad and he's bad in ways I thought he'd be good but overall?  I like Zach a lot and my hope, is that Zach Wilson becomes teh GOAT.  I dont see that happening but that's my hope!  Unless it's Mike White!  Because that's fine too!  I like the NY Jets! 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I have no idea why IJ was so emphatically low on his view of Fields as a prospect.  Dude actually said leading up to the draft that he had him as a 4th round caliber prospect and even during the game last night said stuff like this:

I don’t want to speak for IJ, but there are plenty of reasons to be terrified of any QB prospect coming from Ohio State.

57 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Maybe I’m naive but I don’t see why someone believing another QB prospect is better than our own automatically means he/she wants our QB to fail or will be bust. Why is everything so binary?  I think fans ought to be able to compartmentalize QB evaluations from rooting for the team and players.   Am I crazy?

Bro.  Someone just told me that I hate Zach Wilson.  lmfao.  Why would I hate Zach Wilson?   lol

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t want to speak for IJ, but there are plenty of reasons to be terrified of any QB prospect coming from Ohio State.

We're still going with this lazy take eh?

Cal was a school to be avoided for QB's before Rodgers.  Same with Texas Tech before Pat Mahomes.  Even when people say you should avoid USC QB's, I would counter by saying Carson Palmer had at least a decent career.  

The school doesn't matter, and sometimes even the system doesn't matter.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Justin Fields committed and played at Georgia.  Joe Burrow committed and played at Ohio St.

What do these things mean?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're still going with this lazy take eh?

Cal was a school to be avoided for QB's before Rodgers.  Same with Texas Tech before Pat Mahomes.  Even when people say you should avoid USC QB's, I would counter by saying Carson Palmer had at least a decent career.  

The school doesn't matter, and sometimes even the system doesn't matter.

This is all well and good, but you’re still talking about gambling on anomalies  

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is all well and good, but you’re still talking about gambling on anomalies  

Every QB prospect who succeeds in the NFL is an anomaly.  There's no such thing as a QB factory, nor are there any schools/systems that should be ruled out from the jump. 

And Fields was originally signed by UGA and was by far the highest-graded HS prospect that Ohio St has ever rolled out on the field at QB, making it even dumber to rule him out on that basis.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Justin Fields committed and played at Georgia.  Joe Burrow committed and played at Ohio St.

What do these things mean?

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Every QB prospect who succeeds in the NFL is an anomaly.  There's no such thing as a QB factory, nor are there any schools/systems that should be ruled out from the jump. 

And Fields was originally signed by UGA and was by far the highest-graded HS prospect that Ohio St has ever rolled out on the field at QB, making it even dumber to rule him out on that basis.

Before you hotboys get rolling with this, you’ll recall that I am neither pro- or anti-Fields and, if given the choice between Wilson or Fields, I would have taken Fields because he, at least, had played against NFL athletes in college. What I advocated for in the 2021 draft was to trade down and wait out the Deshaun Watson mess in Houston, flush with your bevy of first round picks. This Jets team is, and was always going to be, aggressively bad and was no place for a rookie QB to ever develop, which is why they should have just taken their lumps with one last year of Darnold. Alas, we picked the cherubic waif from Utah and every person associated with the Jets is so excited about it that they’re all praying to God that Mike White lights it up on Sunday so they never have to play Zach Wilson again. 

As for you two clowns, you’re gross. Out here caping for Justin Fields, but only finding the courage to do so after his one decent game, and even that against a bad Steelers team. For shame, you disgusting front runners.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Before you hotboys get rolling with this, you’ll recall that I am neither pro- or anti-Fields and, if given the choice between Wilson or Fields, I would have taken Fields because he, at least, had played against NFL athletes in college. What I advocated for in the 2021 draft was to trade down and wait out the Deshaun Watson mess in Houston, flush with your bevy of first round picks. This Jets team is, and was always going to be, aggressively bad and was no place for a rookie QB to ever develop, which is why they should have just taken their lumps with one last year of Darnold. Alas, we picked the cherubic waif from Utah and every person associated with the Jets is so excited about it that they’re all praying to God that Mike White lights it up on Sunday so they never have to play Zach Wilson again. 

As for you two clowns, you’re gross. Out here caping for Justin Fields, but only finding the courage to do so after his one decent game, and even that against a bad Steelers team. For shame, you disgusting front runners.

Relax.  I was just countering your horrid point that school matters when evaluating a QB prospect.  How predictable that you take it in a different direction now that the fatal flaws in that argument got exposed, good sir.  You could have been talking about any prospect or school and my argument would have been the same.

And yes, Fields was my preferred prospect in the 2021 class but I'm happy to have Mike White as my QB.  If Fields makes it in the pros, fine.  If he doesn't, also fine.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Relax.  I was just pointing out your horrid point that school matters when evaluating a QB prospect.  How predictable that you take it in a different direction now that the fatal flaws in that argument got exposed, good sir.

Fields was my preferred prospect in the 2021 class but I'm happy to have Mike White as my QB.  If Fields makes it in the pros, fine.  If he doesn't, also fine.  

Sir, I was simply hypothesizing as to why @Irish Jet was so strident in his view that Fields would suck ass, and any critique of Fields’ potential begins with his coming out of Ohio State’s bust factory. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sir, I was simply hypothesizing as to why @Irish Jet was so strident in his view that Fields would suck ass, and any critique of Fields’ potential begins with his coming out of Ohio State’s bust factory. 

Which is a thing that doesn't really exist.  There are no QB factories or bust factories.  There are just a small % of QB's that make it in the pros and school/system doesn't really matter. 

I don't even recall IJ ever mentioning the school as the reason he hates Fields.  He either pointed out the perceived flaws about him in posts about him OR seemed like he had some strange personal vendetta against Fields.  But it had absolutely nothing to do with Ohio State.

You just decided to go out of your way to bring up the school deal.  Its a bad argument, you doubled down, got it dismantled, and you should feel bad about it.  And I'm not even on team JiF.  Pretty sure he has me on ignore, lol.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Which is a thing that doesn't really exist.  There are no QB factories or bust factories.  There are just a small % of QB's that make it in the pros and school/system doesn't really matter. 

I don't even recall IJ ever mentioning the school as the reason he hates Fields.  He either pointed out the perceived flaws about him in posts about him OR seemed like he had some strange personal vendetta against Fields.  But it had absolutely nothing to do with Ohio State.

You just decided to go out of your way to bring up the school deal.  Its a bad argument, you doubled down, got it dismantled, and you should feel bad about it.  And I'm not even on team JiF.  Pretty sure he has me on ignore, lol.

I think it matters that the Urban Meyer/Ryan Day QB Preparatory Programme is a proven failure, and that Fields was puked out of that programme, sir. And @JiFapono has no one in ignore. He thirsts for the accolades no matter who they come from

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Meh, that didnt really answer my question.  I asked you if Fields looked better than his stat line?  If you're being honest, the answer is yes. Ofcourse he did.  And that's the point.  Giving me stats doesnt tell the whole story.  When you watch Fields, you see very clearly how much he has to overcome to perform well.  And he has performed well, except for two times where he looked abysmal.  Unfortunately, you cant really say that about Zach and if we're going by stats, a game log would be more telling and it tells you, Fields is consistently better. 

No, he didnt look better than his stat line, he looked exactly like his stat line. He looked good at times, and looked bad at times. He is a rookie, I think Fields will be a fine player, but Im not seeing what you are seeing. I see a player who has looked bad more than he has looked good, almost exactly like Wilson.  I don't think Fields is consistently better at all, and quite frankly not sure what  you are watching to determine that. The only thing consistent about both fields and Wilson is their inconsistency.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

No, he didnt look better than his stat line, he looked exactly like his stat line. He looked good at times, and looked bad at times. He is a rookie, I think Fields will be a fine player, but Im not seeing what you are seeing. I see a player who has looked bad more than he has looked good, almost exactly like Wilson.  I don't think Fields is consistently better at all, and quite frankly not sure what  you are watching to determine that. The only thing consistent about both fields and Wilson is their inconsistency.

There is zero chance JiF watched that game live. Homeboy is watching the highlights.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You should direct your ire towards the OP and/or those who would inspire one to have to make such a thread.  Without this avenue, those caping for Fields wouldn’t have any place to strut.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, legler82 said:

You should direct your ire towards the OP and/or those who would inspire one to have to make such a thread.  Without this avenue, those caping for Fields wouldn’t have any place to strut.

Ahem…. I’m the OP and I

a. Clearly stated in it that I like Fields and wanted to see him “ball out”.

b. ALSO correctly predicted in it that Jet fans would turn out in droves to rip on Fields and Stan for Wilson. I listed their go to’s when I did that.

There is nothing that the homers here hate more than having to acknowledge another young QB might be playing as well or better than theirs. It bothers them to no end. I knew this, and It turns out that I couldn’t have been more on point with my OP.
Fields did ball out, after a slow first half.
The Zach homers to crow for a little while, and take their best shots.
Unfortunately for them, Fields played great in the second half, which forced them to eat that crow in a nice, tasty sandwich.

So, rather than “blame” me for starting a game thread, why not acknowledge my brilliance for how well I did it? ?

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Ahem…. I’m the OP and I

b. ALSO correctly predicted in it that Jet fans would turn out in droves to rip on Fields and Stan for Wilson. I listed their go to’s when I did that.

It turns out that I couldn’t have been more correct.
That allowed the Zach homers to crow for a little while, and take their best shots. Unfortunately for them, Fields played great in the second half, which forced them to eat a big crow sandwich.

So, rather than “blame” me for starting a game thread, why not acknowledge my brilliance for how well I did it? ?

Don’t forget I also gave them the option to blame those “Zach Homers” as you called them that inspired you to create the thread. 

48 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Ahem…. I’m the OP and I

There is nothing that the homers here hate more than having to acknowledge another young QB might be playing as well or better than theirs. It bothers them to no end. I knew this, and It turns out that I couldn’t have been more on point with my OP.
Unfortunately for them, Fields played great in the second half, which forced them to eat that crow in a nice, tasty sandwich.

What's even weirder is when these same people can't acknowledge a young QB is playing better even if that younger QB is playing on the same team....the team they supposedly root for. lol

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Ahem…. I’m the OP and I

Games are games. Rookie Qbs will always be riding a rollercoaster, unless they are an absolute anomaly. And I agree with that assertion - that Fields played pretty well on the second half.

Still would take Zach Wilson over Fields though. 

59 minutes ago, undertow said:

What's even weirder is when these same people can't acknowledge a young QB is playing better even if that younger QB is playing on the same team....the team they supposedly root for. lol

I don't understand how anyone would look at both Mike White and Wilson and think that the latter has played better. I think that Wilson has superlative talent, nonetheless he has been pretty inefficient when it comes to execute the offense.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The thread title is "You know you going to make fun of Fields", then these smooths brains all had him a bust in the 1st quarter until he balled out and they all shut up.  So this aint about what game this was after, (I'd argue his game vs. San Fran was better) this was to laugh at those people in a thread created to laugh at Fields

That said, I think the big W for me here is I'm the wedge that breaks you and 80.  I caused the dbutts break up, going 2 for 2 would be epic. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Brady Bunch K GIF

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 4:30 PM, JiFapono said:

My point?  I dont have a point.  All I did was come into a thread made to bash Fields and laugh at the posters who were calling him a bust in the 1st quarter only for him to ball out of control the rest of the game.  It was you, who brought up Wilson.  Not me.

All I said is Fields has been awesome and the legion of Zach ball washers and Fields haters came out in droves, go figure.  

But since you brought it up, I strongly disagree Wilson and Fields have been identical.  Fields has been significantly better, if you disagree, cool, cant help ya.

You still think Fields has been awesome? 4-11 in first half.  Zero points scored.  

Fields had one good game and one good half all season. 

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You still think Fields has been awesome? 4-11 in first half.  Zero points scored.  

Fields had one good game and one good half all season. 

I dont really do this week to week reactionary nonsense.  Didnt watch the game, looks like he was bad, got injured?  sh*t happens.  He was great last week.  He's had some great weeks and some bad weeks.  Sounds like a typical rookie.  You guys are way more invested in this than I am.  I really couldnt care less.