The ***Official*** You know you’re going to make fun of Fields MNF thread

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

First, I want to see him demonstrate he has a big time arm that can win you a game, and as yet, he hasn't. He came close against Indy, but then, you know, he mushed out. No doubt he has the cerebral sh*t down, and is lightyears ahead of Wilson at this point in that department, but I want to see him make some of those throws that we saw Wilson do against the Titans before I fully get down on the White train. I mean, Josh Johnson very nearly threw 400 yards, and might've if he had played the entire game. Do you think he could also our savior?

A big game against Buffalo by White could go a long ways towards convincing me.

Not too worried about the "big arm" but I can get behind everything else you're saying here.  Josh Johnson doing well might mean things are coming together for the offense as a whole moreso than there being a big difference among the QB's. 

Then again, the Colts were playing a pretty soft D most of that game, so....

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t get this idea that it’s way more important to the franchise that Wilson becomes the guy?

If White turns out to be nearly as good as he’s looked recently, what difference does it make? We’ve got a really good QB, and that’s the goal right?

A #2 pick is a pretty big investment, not to mention Wilson has his whole rookie contract left, and White is about to hit FA. That, alone, makes it more preferable that Wilson turns out to be the guy over White.

But, sure, if Mike White proves he is the guy that we hoped Wilson was, then I'll be happy. I just want to see more from him first.

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not too worried about the "big arm" but I can get behind everything else you're saying here.  Josh Johnson doing well might mean things are coming together for the offense as a whole moreso than there being a big difference among the QB's. 

Then again, the Colts were playing a pretty soft D most of that game, so....

The game we're watching right now just demonstrated why I want my QB to have a big arm. If Fields had hit on that bomb, that could've changed the game right there. You can read the field and take the underneath stuff all game like a motherf*cker, which is all and good, but you're not going to be able to do that against all teams all the time. Every now and then, you need a QB that can hit on those bombs and score from almost anywhere on the field.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

The game we're watching right now just demonstrated why I want my QB to have a big arm. If Fields had hit on that bomb, that could've changed the game right there. You can read the field and take the underneath stuff all game like a motherf*cker, which is all and good, but you're not going to be able to do that against all teams all the time. Every now and then, you need a QB that can hit on those bombs and score from almost anywhere on the field.

I know White doesn't have a cannon, but I do think he has enough to make perimeter throws from time to time.