QB decision tomorrow: Saleh leaning toward the Great White Shark

Source: ESPN

Robert Saleh will name this week's starting QB on Wednesday, but he's leaning toward Mike White over Zach Wilson. Saleh made it sound like a health-related decision, saying Wilson (knee) still has to pass "a couple of hurdles." He will practice Wednesday, but they want to be conservative. Saleh: "If he's not fully healthy, it would be irresponsible for us to throw him out there." It's the correct approach. More healing time for Wilson, one more start for White, who earned it.

Note: I will go back to my original nick once we stop stinking. 

4 minutes ago, paulyjet said:

We gotta see what we have in Mike White

I agree.  We have 9 games left and we have 2 qbs to evaluate.  I believe White gets the next 5 games and Wilson will play the last 4.

Heres the breakdown:

White goes 3-2.  Beats the Dolphins, Texans and Eagles.  Losses to Buff and New Orleans.

Zach will go 2-2.  Beats the Dolphins and Jags.  Loses to Bucs and Bills.

We will go into the offseason with 2 really good prospects at qb.  A very good problem to have.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree.  We have 9 games left and we have 2 qbs to evaluate.  I believe White gets the next 5 games and Wilson will play the last 4.

Heres the breakdown:

White goes 3-2.  Beats the Dolphins, Texans and Eagles.  Losses to Buff and New Orleans.

Zach will go 2-2.  Beats the Dolphins and Jags.  Loses to Bucs and Bills.

We will go into the offseason with 2 really good prospects at qb.  A very good problem to have.

Did you forget we have major defensive issues?!

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JoeDouglasFart said:

Source: ESPN

Robert Saleh will name this week's starting QB on Wednesday, but he's leaning toward Mike White over Zach Wilson. Saleh made it sound like a health-related decision, saying Wilson (knee) still has to pass "a couple of hurdles." He will practice Wednesday, but they want to be conservative. Saleh: "If he's not fully healthy, it would be irresponsible for us to throw him out there." It's the correct approach. More healing time for Wilson, one more start for White, who earned it.

Note: I will go back to my original nick once we stop stinking. 

White starting. Worst kept secret in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wit said:

Did you forget we have major defensive issues?!

Mike White is the savior of all.  Mike White sprinkles pixie dust on defensive players before big plays.  Mike White is the inventor of the forward pass.  M I K E Mike Mike Mike.

Or something like that. 

• Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, rangerous said:

white should start, wilson should watch.  the bills are going to play their a game after losing .  it's not about getting white clobbered it more about keeping wilson damaging his knee again.  if wilson must start bring him in next week.

Another angle to this - if White steps up and plays a strong game against a good (and angry) team, he deserves a longer look, regardless of whether Zach is ready to go or not. On the other hand if he struggles badly and plays a complete clunker then there's much more reason to go back to Zach.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Another angle to this - if White steps up and plays a strong game against a good (and angry) team, he deserves a longer look, regardless of whether Zach is ready to go or not. On the other hand if he struggles badly and plays a complete clunker then there's much more reason to go back to Zach.

Agree with this post with one exception. White should start this week for sure for a couple of reasons. One is would like to get an extra week of rest for Zachs knee to fully heal and second want to get a good look if White truly is a viable backup QB even if White does look good in his next start I believe that Wilson should start the following week and see if he has improved while watching White run the team. Wilson obviously has talent but my biggest concern is how he gets the “ yips “ throwing the ball into the ground on a 5 yard pass to open receivers that are running parallel to him. reminds me of the Mets catcher Mackey Sasser trying to throw ball back to the pitcher Only  by playing Wilson he will improve in that area, and of course just learning how to play the position in general To me Wilson is the future of this franchise and must gain experience to become the player we all hope he can be. 

Mike White : ok arm, good at reading the D, takes what defense gives him. Good decision maker. No deep game as of yet. Tough.

Zach Wilson : Massive arm talent, learning how to read pro defenses, relies on arm talent too much and not willing to let play die. Needs better control on short game. LOOKS DEEP TOO OFTEN AT THE EXPENSE OF SHORT READS Needs game to slow down for him. Tough.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

i just want the right guy at qb.  it's hard to assess either of them because of the small body of work but it sure looked like white ran the offense much better and was capable of hitting those mid range passes.  we know all about wilson's arm strength.

54 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Considering Douglas and Saleh's jobs hang on Mike White saving them I suspect Mike White will be named the starter.  

LMAO at thinking the Jets would fire Douglas or Saleh after this year regardless of how things play out. Gase was given 2 years and Douglas still has like 3 years left on his deal. 

• Upvote 1

He also asked reporters to respect mirage whites dream lol

The depth chart hasn’t changed, nor should it

the tricky part for Saleh is if they are both fully healthy and cleared Thursday. 

going with white would be a cop out at that point