QB decision tomorrow: Saleh leaning toward the Great White Shark

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO at thinking the Jets would fire Douglas or Saleh after this year regardless of how things play out. Gase was given 2 years and Douglas still has like 3 years left on his deal. 

I agree they will last another year.   If we dumped Gase after 1 year we would have been better off.  If we traded Darnold after Gase's first year we probably get a 1 and 3 for him. 

Keeping guys around who ultimately suck vs. dumping the sunk cost ASAP isn't a good thing.  I agree with you Woody will pull the trigger way to late rather than early enough to salvage what might be a good foundation.   The reason the Cardinals may be the best team in football this year is they cut their losses early.  

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I agree they will last another year.   If we dumped Gase after 1 year we would have been better off.  If we traded Darnold after Gase's first year we probably get a 1 and 3 for him. 

Keeping guys around who ultimately suck vs. dumping the sunk cost ASAP isn't a good thing.  I agree with you Woody will pull the trigger way to late rather than early enough to salvage what might be a good foundation.   The reason the Cardinals may be the best team in football this year is they cut their losses early.  

Agreed, but there is a fine line between dumping a player/coach too late or too early. Remember, we had Pete Carroll here at one point and then fired him after a 6-10 season. 

I think JD has been good (great trades, some good picks but not enough) while saleh still  has a ton to prove, but one  year for a HC seems like a mistake. 

You are also going to have trouble recruiting new HC candidates if you fire head coaches one after the other. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, JoeDouglasFart said:

Source: ESPN

Robert Saleh will name this week's starting QB on Wednesday, but he's leaning toward Mike White over Zach Wilson. Saleh made it sound like a health-related decision, saying Wilson (knee) still has to pass "a couple of hurdles." He will practice Wednesday, but they want to be conservative. Saleh: "If he's not fully healthy, it would be irresponsible for us to throw him out there." It's the correct approach. More healing time for Wilson, one more start for White, who earned it.

Note: I will go back to my original nick once we stop stinking. 

Absolutely Mike White over Zach Wilson.  Wilson needs to hold the clip board for a while. And White has earned this opportunity.  Anything else, I'll be calling for Saleh's head.  Unless White is injured or something like that.

13 minutes ago, genot said:

I hope White wins the job and we trade Wilson. We still need top tier talent. Especially on defense. And move the big ticket to RG. Build a wall around White.

Trading Wilson would not be a great move, especially since he can develop very well, and has the potential to surpass White. However, White is the much better player currently.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

He also asked reporters to respect mirage whites dream lol

The depth chart hasn’t changed, nor should it

the tricky part for Saleh is if they are both fully healthy and cleared Thursday. 

going with white would be a cop out at that point 

Wilson could be cleared to play but still not 100%. At that point, it’s no issue to sit him for another week or so while he fully heals. 

I expect White to get the start this week, and for Wilson to be back in the starting lineup no later than the Texans game. Wilson is the investment. He’s the asset they need to grow. I also expect him to play better after watching the offense take off without him. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, genot said:

I hope White wins the job and we trade Wilson. We still need top tier talent. Especially on defense. And move the big ticket to RG. Build a wall around White.

This is probably the best case scenario for the Jets going forward - White really is legit and we trade Wilson for a haul and build around White

We need to see a lot more of White though. He hasn't even played two full games yet. Let's see what he can do over these next few weeks. 

Why? .. you would not he happy with Wilson evolving into the Monster he has the potential to be ? It would be so Jetsy to trade an immense talent because the backup had a good day.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Why? .. you would not he happy with Wilson evolving into the Monster he has the potential to be ? It would be so Jetsy to trade an immense talent because the backup had a good day.

It looks like White has less issues to overcome. Wilson might be another Sam. Footwork. Accuracy, happy feet. Etc,etc.

• Haha 1

It looks like White has less issues to overcome. Wilson might be another Sam. Footwork. Accuracy, happy feet. Etc,etc.
Dude that is like saying the baby cant play piano yet after 5 months of life ... chuck it out the window

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Dude that is like saying the baby cant play piano yet after 5 months of life ... chuck it out the window

I wasn't sold on Wilson when we drafted him, Dunnie. I'm not saying he's a bust, but if White plays like he has the rest of the year, we have a QB who knows how to quickly read a defense and make the right decision. Good enough arm. The one thing we need to find out if he's a statue back there. Back to Wilson. If we can get a 1st rd pick back for him, I'd go for it.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, genot said:

I wasn't sold on Wilson when we drafted him, Dunnie. I'm not saying he's a bust, but if White plays like he has the rest of the year, we have a QB who knows how to quickly read a defense and make the right decision. Good enough arm. The one thing we need to find out if he's a statue back there. Back to Wilson. If we can get a 1st rd pick back for him, I'd go for it.

This is a Jeopardy category,  it's called Things That Will Never Happen.