Mike F’n White starting Sunday

Rhg1084

Took yall 5 games to turn on Wilson. This gotta be some kinda record for the fan base.

I dont think anyone is turning on Wilson. That seems pretty dramatic. Wilson just isnt ready yet and it’s painfully obvious. Perhaps he will be ready soon or perhaps he will never be ready. The fanbase just wants the players out there that give them the best chance to win this Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Swapping out QBs every time they have a bad game would be awful player management. You need to let one of them just take the team the rest of the way. 

Wilson is unequivocally not ready to start and this team isnt good enough to lift him up. 

I didn't say every time a guy has a bad game you change the lineup. I merely said that you don't have to live and die with one guy, and that you can make changes when it's clear they are necessary.

Interesting comments from Ulbrich and Mosley about White looking awesome in practice all year.

Again makes me wonder why the FO felt the need to trade for Flacco.

White emerging as a top-level QB and keeping Wilson on the bench would be a very nice problem to have.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

It's actually going to be Flacco, in an attempt to justify that nonsensical trade.

IMO that nonsensical trade was made because after seeing White in camp the CS had little faith in him.

This Bills game is the Super Bowl for White.  

The teams he's faced so far had 0 film on him.  At the same time LaFleur moved up stairs, and changed, not the system, but the type of plays he was calling.  No more bunch WR sets, dramatic reduction in 2 TE sets, and cut way back on play action.  Cinci just wasn't prepared.  Even the Colts didn't have much time to prepare with the Thursday game.  To his credit White stepped up, and made some nice plays, and put up great numbers.

Sunday will be a diferent story.  Bills have a good D, and have had time to look at the "new look" Jets O, and White's tendencies.  

If White can pull this off, and get a W, I'll be 100% on the bandwagon.  Until then, I'll  wait and see. 

Just now, flgreen said:

IMO that nonsensical trade was made because after seeing White in camp the CS had little faith in him.

This Bills game is the Super Bowl for White.  

The teams he's faced so far had 0 film on him.  At the same time LaFleur moved up stairs, and changed, not the system, but the type of plays he was calling.  No more bunch WR sets, dramatic reduction in 2 TE sets, and cut way back on play action.  Cinci just wasn't prepared.  Even the Colts didn't have much time to prepare with the Thursday game.  To his credit White stepped up, and made some nice plays, and put ulp great numbers.

Sunday will be a diferent story.  Bills have a good D, and have had time to look at the "new look" Jets O, and Whites tendencies.  

If White can pull this off, and get a W, I'll be 100% on the bandwagon.  Until then, I'll  wait and see. 

The problem with that justification is, if JD thought that the washed up guy he let walk was substantially better than all 3 of the backup QBs he carried throughout the offseason, 2 of which he's kept through the season, while passing on countless other available options, then he's essentially admitting to being wholly incompetent at his job.

I'm not going to pretend to know what White's deal really will end up being, but the trade itself is simply a question of which particular manner Douglas knows himself to be inept, depending on what the supposed justification is.  If White turns out to be a disaster from here on, then the best you can say of Douglas is he was "right" at the time of the trade about how wrong he was all along before that, knowing he failed to do his job for at least the past 8+ months.  On the other hand, if White continues to be a better option than Flacco, then it turns out Douglas made a pointless panic move because he had no faith in his own ability to evaluate the QB position, and apparently any success that comes of it should be considered pure blind luck.

The Flacco move itself has no upside, considering it's a guy with no future who already failed with this team last year.  Meanwhile, a backup QB's only role is to be a short-term fill-in, meaning regardless of the excuses as to why that has happened so far, with White and Johnson having both shown themselves capable of doing that, the trade was still totally pointless.  There's nothing to suggest he even deserved to move from #4 to #3 QB (neither being a position you should ever trade for regardless), other than JD too embarrassed to admit that a PS player could clearly handle the job.

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ah so Adam Gase is now considered "professional coaching" these days?  @T0mShane

According to @Uncle Nicco and @BornJetsFan1983, Darnold was ruined by Gase beyond repair.  But here Mike White is, thriving.  

Gase didnt really coach Mike White. Gase literally called all of darnolds plays that led to...well...him getting killed.

i don't see why there's so much angst.  they need to look objectively at both guys and make the right choice.  imagine if rich gannon didn't keep plugging away or even vinnie for that matter.  brady supplanted bledsoe and bledsoe was not that bad as long as he was kept under control.  boomer beat out ken anderson.  simms beat out bruner.  just find the right guy and get it done.

2 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Serious question for anyone that watches college ball... What makes Mike White different than Mac Jones besides not playing for Alabama?

They’re pretty much the same player. Similar style of play. Similar athleticism. Both very conservative in their approach. Even their stature and pace is the same.

Wilson has higher upside than both but Jones and White do the basics really well.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Interesting comments from Ulbrich and Mosley about White looking awesome in practice all year.

Again makes me wonder why the FO felt the need to trade for Flacco.

White emerging as a top-level QB and keeping Wilson on the bench would be a very nice problem to have.

I think Douglas does a lot of things to placate Wilson and his family that don’t make a lot of sense to anyone outside of that circle.

27 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

They’re pretty much the same player. Similar style of play. Similar athleticism. Both very conservative in their approach. Even their stature and pace is the same.

Wilson has higher upside than both but Jones and White do the basics really well.

Wilson certainly has more upside but these two guys seem very similar in the “physically limited but high football IQ” sense.

• Upvote 1