Panthers agree to terms with Newton

fullblast

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Clearly.

No, no there is not.  I can't take it anymore. 

That is a very honest statement. We're all battered and bruised. 

I've taken the "prove it" approach to this team and its players to preserve my own sanity. Optimism -- even hope -- is earned not given at this point.

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

That is a very honest statement. We're all battered and bruised. 

I've taken the "prove it" approach to this team and its players to preserve my own sanity. Optimism -- even hope -- is earned not given at this point.

I'm eternally hopeful.  It's why I'll live to be a 100 but will be disappointed all the while.  

20 minutes ago, rangerous said:

didn't quite a few people diss the jets for not buckling under to this guy's demands?  he seems like a pretty mediocre coach.

Demands?  The guy wanted to pick his own staff.  We dissed the Jets for having an idiotic plan where they cobbled together a defensive staff that was not selected by the head coach and instead insisted on a disgraced Gregg Williams.  It was a ridiculous idea and that is why we ended up with a reject like Gase. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Demands?  The guy wanted to pick his own staff.  We dissed the Jets for having an idiotic plan where they cobbled together a defensive staff that was not selected by the head coach and instead insisted on a disgraced Gregg Williams.  It was a ridiculous idea and that is why we ended up with a reject like Gase. 

Yeah weird flex when we got one of the two worst HCs in franchise history instead...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

still, rhule has near carte blanche in carolina and isn't doing so well.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

still, rhule has near carte blanche in carolina and isn't doing so well.

I think Maccagnan could tell that Rhule would stab him in the back. He didn’t see it coming with Gase. Bowles knew it had to be done, but he was too nice a guy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

I think Maccagnan could tell that Rhule would stab him in the back. He didn’t see it coming with Gase. Bowles knew it had to be done, but he was too nice a guy. 

maybe.  but that doesn't say much about rhule either.  mac was bad and deserved to be launched but i don't think anyone should be stabbed in the back.

10 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

I just hope Darnold can find something he is good at after he retires and/ or is not picked up.

20 Best Resume Memes of 2021 Any Job Seeker Can Relate To

Darnold will have made $40 mill in 5 years by the end of next season. He can spend the rest of his days at the beach.

Teams might get set back for years when one of these highly drafted QBs bust, but once a 1st round player signs his deal, he’s set for life.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, jgb said:

To be fair we went with Gase so....

which doesnt seem so bad when you consider Rhule still has 5 years left on his contract. imagine hating your HC like we did Gase and knowing his big contract stops you from firing him for at least 3 years.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

which doesnt seem so bad when you consider Rhule still has 5 years left on his contract. imagine hating your HC like we did Gase and knowing his big contract stops you from firing him for at least 3 years.

Any HC would look like trash with Darnold. Of course, Rhule chose Darnold so eff him.

• Upvote 2