Mike White "I should have been a first overall pick".

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As White prepares to start again on Sunday for the Jets against the Bills, he says he doesn’t know why NFL teams didn’t believe in him as a starting quarterback, but he always believed in himself.

Other than regret over the waste of a 2nd overall pick, does any Jets fan honestly care how/where we find a 26-27 yr old FQB?  If White proves worthy of being the Jets' starter for the next decad

If you ask me, I should've been born a billionaire trust fund baby.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As White prepares to start again on Sunday for the Jets against the Bills, he says he doesn’t know why NFL teams didn’t believe in him as a starting quarterback, but he always believed in himself.

"I couldn’t tell you. That’s definitely the scouting departments across the league and what their interpretation of me is. I have 100% confidence in myself. So if you ask me, I should have been a first overall pick. But that’s neither here nor there. That’s four years ago. I try to get my mind off that and be in the here and now and execute what my job is right now," he said Thursday, via Pro Football Talk.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/12/mike-white-if-you-ask-me-i-should-have-been-a-first-overall-pick/

-----------------------------------------------

I like the kid.  I like his confidence. I'm rooting hard for him.

But wow, that's one hell of a comment, probably one I think I'd rather he didn't make publicly, lol.

But hey, he comes out and burns Buffalos for another 400 yards 3 TD's and a win, maybe I'll be the one eating crow on my cynicism here, lol.

I've heard the talking heads say 'every great athlete should have that mentality".

Have that mentality but don't voice it in public.  

• Upvote 3
52 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"I couldn’t tell you. That’s definitely the scouting departments across the league and what their interpretation of me is. I have 100% confidence in myself. So if you ask me, I should have been a first overall pick. But that’s neither here nor there. That’s four years ago. I try to get my mind off that and be in the here and now and execute what my job is right now," he said Thursday, via Pro Football Talk.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/12/mike-white-if-you-ask-me-i-should-have-been-a-first-overall-pick/

-----------------------------------------------

I like the kid.  I like his confidence. I'm rooting hard for him.

But wow, that's one hell of a comment, probably one I think I'd rather he didn't make publicly, lol.

But hey, he comes out and burns Buffalos for another 400 yards 3 TD's and a win, maybe I'll be the one eating crow on my cynicism here, lol.

Well damn, ain’t that some shit, 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

The Mike White hoopla has all the earmarks of a classic Jet disappointment.   Hope he does continue to play well.  But right now, we have a very small sample size.  This week's game against Buffalo's D should tell us a lot.

Sadly, I agree. 

but he looked really good in his first two starts, so there’s always a small chance that this is the real deal this time.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sadly, I agree. 

but he looked really good in his first two starts, so there’s always a small chance that this is the real deal this time.

To be fair anything positive for this team qualifies for classic Jets disappointment by definition. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3
10 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Maybe, but can't we just have fun with it?

Are Linsanity! and Timo Time! negative memories?

I am having fun.  But tell me you have not had the same uneasiness. 

As Jet fans, we've been promised the world many times over only to wind up with the Arthur Kills Landfill.   More than anything I want White to find magic and be our QB for the next 10 years.   Allow us to put Zack Wilson in the rear view mirror.

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I'm not uneasy at all.

I'm enjoying watching football.  It's been an extremely long time since I could say that.  Do I think Mike White is the future?  I don't know.  Probably not.  But, hey, something to be excited over.  I can enjoy it without having to convince myself "it's the coaching... he's only a rookie... it's Adam Gase's fault... Not enough weapons..."

Nothing is promised with Mike White, and nothing is owed.  But, we can actually get excited by something other than draft position, and that, to me at least, is exciting.

kind of going down the same road. If we are down by 14 3rd qtr on sunday,  I am not going to be surprised but if we are up by 14 in that same qtr I will not be surprised either. I don't think I could say the latter in the last 3-4 years.

• Upvote 4
32 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

The Mike White hoopla has all the earmarks of a classic Jet disappointment.   Hope he does continue to play well.  But right now, we have a very small sample size.  This week's game against Buffalo's D should tell us a lot.

To be fair, he's been cut 10 times by his teams.  If he was number 1 pick-worthy SOMEONE should have kept him on a roster.

Who knows, maybe the light has gone on.  If he crushes it against the Bills, then I think the discussion really starts.  

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

I'm not uneasy at all.

I'm enjoying watching football.  It's been an extremely long time since I could say that.  Do I think Mike White is the future?  I don't know.  Probably not.  But, hey, something to be excited over.  I can enjoy it without having to convince myself "it's the coaching... he's only a rookie... it's Adam Gase's fault... Not enough weapons..."

Nothing is promised with Mike White, and nothing is owed.  But, we can actually get excited by something other than draft position, and that, to me at least, is exciting.

Winner Dave GIF by Barstool Sports

The audacity to have some glimmer of hope based on actual results (albeit in a tiny sample size) versus hope given based solely on draft slot coupled with vitriol against any who doubt.

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Think back to the comments and promises Joe Willie made. We were not always SOJ. Maybe we could chip in a buy Mr. White a flowing mink coat and some cool purple bell bottoms. Your right we will learn a lot this week and I hope its all good!

• Like 1