Mike White "I should have been a first overall pick".

Warfish

6 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

Nico - “let’s wait and see before crowing mike white the next Brady, the sample size is way too small” 

jgb -“you’re an outrageous petulant fool!”

Oh, Nico. Please never stop being you (I mean sure a different name every month after you whiff on a prediction) but stay you at core. JN needs it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

That’s the third personal attack from you to me in this thread. 

What am I trashing? The Jets has nearly 200 yards receiving from RBs vs cinci- facts. Mike white is average 2 picks per 4 quarters, that projects to 34 over 17 games- facts. You are mad because I don’t think it’s fair to compare Mike White to HoF QBs. 

Is Mike White throwing to RBs when they are in a position to gain yards something bad? I really don't understand the logic here.

He did what he was suppose to, which is keep moving the offense. That happened against Indy as well, and i don't think it's hard to see that he has ran the offense more efficiently than Zach.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hex said:

I don't want a middle of the road FQB for the Jets, that's just who they need right now, while their future develops. 

Middle of the road Qaurterbacks can help turn a franchise around, but they can't do anything more. That's what I mean. A bust not only is bad, but normally for a QB to become a 'bust' they have to seem much better than they actually were, which means a big investment. A middle of the road guy doesn't need to be the future, but can pave the way for it. Shooting for a rookie every 2-3 years won't get you a big chance at the playoffs because either they suck enough oto have a high draft pick, or they invest a lot into that draft position. If they can get a future guy who needs to develop but has the potential to lead them to the super bowl, a mediocre guy who knows how to manage an offense will be the best option for the first year or two, while the future develops. 

I get your point though, and we are all sick of sucking for so many years.

Fair enough. And while I don’t fully agree, I do completely get your point.  It’s a perspective I wasn’t thinking about. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gramsci said:

Is Mike White throwing to RBs when they are in a position to gain yards something bad? I really don't understand the logic here.

He did what he was suppose to, which is keep moving the offense. That happened against Indy as well, and i don't think it's hard to see that he has ran the offense more efficiently than Zach.

When Mike White throws to his RBs:  Bad

When Sam Darnold does it:  Good

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

I’ve watched every play this year multiple times. Wilson threw pass at the feet of the TE late vs Ten. Late in the 4th he threw a 15 yard out to Davis wide, white hasnt even attempted a 10 yard out this season. Again, you are marginalizing an epic game from Wilson because he missed one throw late. Laughable 

Mike white has 4 picks in 8 quarters of football, and he threw another directly at the hands of the defender on the trick play vs colts. But yea, you can pretend that he’s been elite if that helps you get through this awful season 

What are you even talking about? He completed a 15-yard out to Cole on his last drive before the wrist injury.

But sure, you watch every play multiple times.

Also if 4 picks - 2 of them bouncing off his own receivers' hands first - in his first 8 quarters is terrible, then what is it when a QB throws 5 picks in his first 8 quarters?

Before you answer, further factor in over that same span the QB with 1 more pick threw 2 TDs and the other threw 5. 

We have in-division rival fans that are more supportive of the team, or any Jet performing well, than you are. 

Just admit you hate anyone on the Jets doing well.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Zach Wilson won't sign a 2nd contract with the Jets, regardless of how good/bad he ends up being. We've had LOTS of players that didn't want to be here the past 10 years... Zach is the most blatant about it.

He didn't want to be here before he even got drafted, man.

Zach was blatant about it?

LOL

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What are you even talking about? He completed a 15-yard out to Cole on his last drive before the wrist injury.

Also if 4 picks - 2 of them bouncing off his own receivers' hands first - in his first 8 quarters is terrible, then what is it when a QB throws 5 picks in his first 8 quarters?

Before you answer, further factor in over that same span the QB with 1 more pick threw 2 TDs and the other threw 5. 

We have in-division rival fans that are more supportive of the team, or any Jet performing well, than you are. 

the throw you are referring to was from the outside hash to the numbers, and he threw it inside of cole, I don’t think that counts as a true out route. 

White had two easy picks dropped off defenders hands, one on the wheel vs cinci and another on the trick play vs. colts… so that more than evens things out for two that apparently  “weren’t his fault”- funny how you don’t give Wilson the benefit of the doubt on his tipped interceptions though. 

Again with the two faced “non supportiveness” BS. Where is your support for Wilson? I am rooting for white, I am just not delusional about what he’s shown so far. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

* unless its Darnold or Zach Wilson

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

the throw you are referring to was from the outside hash to the numbers, and he threw it inside of cole, I don’t think that counts as a true out route. 

White had two easy picks dropped off defenders hands, one on the wheel vs cinci and another on the trick play vs. colts… so that more than evens things out for two that apparently  “weren’t his fault”- funny how you don’t give Wilson the benefit of the doubt on his tipped interceptions though. 

Again with the two faced “non supportiveness” BS. Where is your support for Wilson? I am rooting for white, I am just not delusional about what he’s shown so far. 

Where the heck is this critical analysis when evaluating Darnold and Wilson? Combined they own 5 of the worst NFL seasons in the last 4 years!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes. 

This being a sticking point for you only validates the observation..

What would validate the observation would be facts, something like him blatantly saying he didnt want to come to the Jets.  Feel free to validate the medias idea that the Jets would cause players to pause.  Not Lawrence or Wilson complaining, just the media debating whether they should or would. Or the badgering of Steve Young.  Kind of like when Burrow said yes you think about it or Darnold saying he would rather not get picked buy Cleveland.  

But me?  LOL, ok

Perhaps. 
I simply prefer the more humble, Curtis Martin types, who speak rarely, because their play on the field more than speaks for them. 
But in fairness, I was never a "I like Namath because he's a big mouth braggadocio" guy.  

I agree. I think, in part, he’s reacting to the questions about how a fifth round scrub like him who’s been cut so many times could actually be any good. I think he’s simply trying to get across that he doesn’t look at himself that way.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

54 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What would validate the observation would be facts, something like him blatantly saying he didnt want to come to the Jets.  Feel free to validate the medias idea that the Jets would cause players to pause.  Not Lawrence or Wilson complaining, just the media debating whether they should or would. Or the badgering of Steve Young.  Kind of like when Burrow said yes you think about it or Darnold saying he would rather not get picked buy Cleveland.  

But me?  LOL, ok

Man, you're easy.

12 hours ago, Uncle Nicco said:

I gave plenty of support here for Wilson while he was on the field, even while he was struggling. Right now White is on the field, and doing a demonstrably better job. Keep him there until that ends; if it's today then it's today.

You despise White because he's not falling on his face while subbing in for Wilson, though.

You still hate anyone actually playing well for the Jets, and are clearly waiting/hoping for the next White turnover. It couldn't be more blatant.

• Post of the Week 2

On 11/12/2021 at 11:57 AM, Warfish said:

I should have been a first overall pick.

Of the 7th round of the NFL draft.  I completely agree!!

But in all seriousness, I still love Mike White, but he seems not to be able or want to get out of the pocket, or run if he has the space to do so.  He does have limitations, and the more we see him, the more we see the good and the bad.  

That was one of the worst QB performances I've ever seen.  4 of those 5 picks were just awful throws, like who was he even throwing to on the NYJ roster?

While the D has not been good, if I was on that side of the ball I too would be demoralized by the dreadful play of the offense, which turns the ball over repeatedly, forcing you back onto the field with little rest all game long.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

“I’m not mad, you are.”

Classic Jet Nut. Amiright???!!!

I'm not mad, theres no reason to be mad.

You can continue this line of nonsense as long as you want and the reply will be the same.  Its not that important to me, seems to be for you though