Gruden is suing Goodell and the NFL...

Beerfish

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The Gruden lawyers  have to prove intent which is pretty hard to do. If they can show the emails were leaked by the NFL with the intent to ruin Grudens career, he has a case.

It's not hard to prove intent on an email that was forwarded to someone. 

Someone hit the send button. End of story. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Exactly.  Goodell being such a thin skinned little b**ch is going to bring down a lot of heat on a lot of people in this league.  Gruden knows what else is in those emails, why else would he be suing.   

I dont think any of this happens. The league will settle. I mean at the end of the day Gruden said a naughty word about Goodell. Literally all that happened. He didnt break the law. Wasnt arrested. Didnt cheat on his wife. He said a bad word. The media overreacted, as usual and now were here. Roj is going to pay him to go away. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

He’s going to get paid the rest of his contract PLUS damages. 

I’m guessing they’re going to try to settle with an iron clad NDA. I hope he outs people. 

Based on what?  Yeah I said what I said but others did too so therefore I'm not guilty and I shouldnt have apologized and quit?

Why would you hope he gets away with it but at the same time that he outs others?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Based on what?  Yeah I said what I said but others did too so therefore I'm not guilty and I shouldnt have apologized and quit?

Why would you hope he gets away with it but at the same time that he outs others?

guilty of saying a bad word? lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You've read all the emails and thats what you took from it?

A bad word like making fun of a minorities lips, etc?  

So if it was only one bad word, why did he resign?  

He said a naughty word. If the league leaked a private email when he wasnt an employee of the league then yeah they are probably going to settle. He didnt break the law. Take your emotions out of it  and come back to earth please.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He said a naughty word. If the league leaked a private email when he wasnt an employee of the league then yeah they are probably going to settle. He didnt break the law. Come back to earth please.

Actually he was accused of using racist, homophobic and misogynistic language in emails.  Had an issue with a gay player in the NFL, women refs, called the commissioner a faggot etc.

Not quite the one word nonsense youre repeating.  

You haven’t watched sports over the years if you think the only way you can be tossed is by committing a crime while you also keep refusing to recognize that Gruden resigned.  

Your "f the man" defense is the one resting outside of this solar system.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Actually he was accused of using racist, homophobic and misogynistic language in emails.  Had an issue with a gay player in the NFL, women refs, called the commissioner a faggot etc.

Not quite the one word nonsense youre repeating.  

You haven watched sports over the years if you think the only way you can be tossed is by committing a crime while also refusing to recognize that Gruden resigned.  

Who leaked the email? None of this matters if a private email was leaked with the intention to hurt Gruden. I dont know what gets you tossed from the league. Every situation is different. Joe Mixon is on video cold clocking a woman and plays every week. In a court of law Gruden clearly has the upper hand, regardless of his poor language (which isnt a crime). The league is going to settle. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Who leaked the email? None of this matters if a private email was leaked with the intention to hurt Gruden. I dont know what gets you tossed from the league. Every situation is different. Joe Mixon is on video cold clocking a woman and plays every week. In a court of law Gruden clearly has the upper hand, regardless of his poor language (which isnt a crime). The league is going to settle. 

So who did?  You know?  I don’t.  Maybe it was one of the people he sent emails to. 

Mixon in college?

In a court of law name me the job where you can call a superior a faggot, a pussy, discriminate agains women and against peoples sexuality and your job is protected.

And one more time, he resigned, he wasnt fired

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So who did?  You know?  

Mixon is college?

In a court of law name me the job where you can call a superior a faggot, a pussy, discriminate agains woman and against sexuality and your job is protected.

And one more time, he resigned, he wasnt fired

I think we will find out and I expect the league to settle. 

Gruden got canned. I dont feel bad for him. He has plenty of money. But if someone leaked private communication the guilt lies with them. If it was the league then they will settle. Goodell wasn’t his boss or whatever when he sent them as he didn’t work for the league.

As far as Mixon/Gruden neither were in the league when their transgressions happened. One committed a crime. And the one who did is still playing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Man, this thread has lasted way longer than I expected. Wonder if that's a good thing...

It has. The initial conversation about Gruden being singled out is not really controversial though. He was singled out and should sue.

But now it’s back to debating whether what Gruden said is something that should have gotten him fired. Apparently he only said one thing. SMH.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

A lot to unpack here. Not sure you understand what I said but whatever. 

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He said a naughty word. If the league leaked a private email when he wasnt an employee of the league then yeah they are probably going to settle. He didnt break the law. Take your emotions out of it  and come back to earth please.

Ouch. Feelings. 

59 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

It has. The initial conversation about Gruden being singled out is not really controversial though. He was singled out and should sue.

But now it’s back to debating whether what Gruden said is something that should have gotten him fired. Apparently he only said one thing. SMH.

The way hate speech has been defined or redefined needs to be examined. 

Or re-examined. 

Gruden is going to crush the settlement.  

As he should. He’ll never work again and he should get a massive payday for being thrown under the bus by the p*ssy. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2021 at 4:03 PM, Beerfish said:

as per a tsn report.  Says they essentially ran a targeted smear campaign against him and only him and when he did not resign right away they threatened to dig up more stuff on him.

I'm not a particular fan of Gruden but I loath Goodell and his tin pot empire and hope the doors are thrown wide open and we see these hundreds of thousands of emails.

As a lawyer this makes me giggle. There's no case here

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I think we will find out and I expect the league to settle. 

Gruden got canned. I dont feel bad for him. He has plenty of money. But if someone leaked private communication the guilt lies with them. If it was the league then they will settle. Goodell wasn’t his boss or whatever when he sent them as he didn’t work for the league.

As far as Mixon/Gruden neither were in the league when their transgressions happened. One committed a crime. And the one who did is still playing.

LOL no

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I dont think any of this happens. The league will settle. I mean at the end of the day Gruden said a naughty word about Goodell. Literally all that happened. He didnt break the law. Wasnt arrested. Didnt cheat on his wife. He said a bad word. The media overreacted, as usual and now were here. Roj is going to pay him to go away. 

Sometimes I forget how little people understand about the way the legal system works. 

Sorry, y'all. I've read the complaint. It's DOA. 

Gruden alleges tortious interference with his contract with the Raiders. Slight problem: to prove tortious interference under Nevada law, Gruden would need to prove that the Raiders breached his contract as a result. They didn't. He resigned. He loses. 

He also alleges tortious interference with prospective economic advantage. Slight problem - he has to allege specific knowledge of a potential upcoming deal (among other things, among which is "leaking the emails isn't a tort"). He didn't allege it. He loses. 

He alleges free-floating negligence in allowing info to leak. Slight problem: he doesn't allege the NFL has any duty to him to prevent such leaks. He loses. 

This isn't a lawsuit its a lolsuit and anyone who thinks the NFL is settling this for a meaningful amount of money is out of their minds

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Regardless of how someone feels regarding Gruden's PRIVATE feelings, all evidence so far proves that he was selected and targeted for destruction.  That some in the media felt it their duty to destroy him for his "thought crimes" could be understandable if they played fair and did the same thing to those on the other side whose attacks on those they don't like are either suppressed or forgiven.

I have a feeling that there is a lot in those huge troves of emails from numerous other people writing them that the NFL is not going to want any of them seeing the light of day.

Goodell way overplayed his hand.

15 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You've read all the emails and thats what you took from it?

A bad word like making fun of a minorities lips, etc?  

So if it was only one bad word, why did he resign?  

My take he was set up to take the fall.  The NFL wants him to win a settlement that gives them cover not to release the e-mails that tarnish owners, the commissioner and other NFL officials.  NDA to follow  

Grudens e-mails from a decade or more ago are reflective of the culture.  Anyone shocked by anything he said even though they are despicable may be naive and well intentioned but as Randy Moss would say.  Come on man.  Gruden simply said what a good portion of a large base of NFL fans, owners and executives believe.   

10 years ago most people believed social media and emails were private.  The NFL itself is hiding behind privacy in not releasing all the emails and selectively sacrificing Gruden who just so happened to bite the commissioners hand.   

Gruden was corresponding with NFL executives.  Where is their outrage?

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

guilty of saying a bad word? lol

While a lot of people literally cried on ESPN, the comments about Smith didn’t bring him down . It didn’t get truly escalated until he called Goodell a p#%y. The smart players realize this . 

6 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Sorry, y'all. I've read the complaint. It's DOA. 

Gruden alleges tortious interference with his contract with the Raiders. Slight problem: to prove tortious interference under Nevada law, Gruden would need to prove that the Raiders breached his contract as a result. They didn't. He resigned. He loses. 

He also alleges tortious interference with prospective economic advantage. Slight problem - he has to allege specific knowledge of a potential upcoming deal (among other things, among which is "leaking the emails isn't a tort"). He didn't allege it. He loses. 

He alleges free-floating negligence in allowing info to leak. Slight problem: he doesn't allege the NFL has any duty to him to prevent such leaks. He loses. 

This isn't a lawsuit its a lolsuit and anyone who thinks the NFL is settling this for a meaningful amount of money is out of their minds

It’s in the NFL interest to settle.  It gives them cover to destroy the emails of people they want to protect and get to shut him up and make him go away.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

10 years ago most people believed social media and emails were private.  The NFL itself is hiding behind privacy in not releasing all the emails and selectively sacrificing Gruden who just so happened to bite the commissioners hand.   

The problem is the emails arent 1 years old they go straight through the 2018 season and the ones that caused him to quit had to be from that time.  There weren't female refs 10 years ago.  The gay player he talked about was his and from a year ago.  Players kneeling during the anthem and the lips of the NFL exec were all new.   

To me his only recourse will be if it can be proved that the NFL released those emails and selectively targeted Gruden in all of this.  Not just assuming it had to he an NFL hit but a plan was put in place to sacrifice a popular HC and his career.  

10 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Nope. That's not how any of this works

I assume you know how these high profile multimillionaire owners will fight a lawsuit like this. By not actually going to trial or even getting to discovery. 

Nobody wants to see any of those potentially damning or embarrassing emails see the light of day. 

Gruden will get paid handsomely. As he should. 

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

It’s in the NFL interest to settle.  It gives them cover to destroy the emails of people they want to protect and get to shut him up and make him go away.  

It’s like Goodell burning the tapes. The NFL couldn’t let anyone see what was on them. 

Just like they would like to burn the emails but as they say, the internet is forever. 

Settle, cover up the emails and hope nobody else finds them.