Panthers Cut QB James Morgan

jetsrule128

11 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I mean, why couldn't Douglas find a guy like Mike White?

No, no, no

It was explained to me here, Morgan was a whiff, a blown pick that did nothing for the team

Mike White was just pure dumb luck. 

This way you can have it both ways, dump on JD for the pick while still dumping on him for finding Mike White

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, no, no

It was explained to me here, Morgan was a whiff, a blown pick that did nothing for the team

This way you can have it both ways, dump on JD for the pick while still dumping on him for finding Mike White

And if mike white comes back down to earth and turns into the journeyman career back up he was expected to be, then it will go back to JD choose MW and passed on such and such pick or veteran whatever the flavor of the day is 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

And if mike white comes back down to earth and turns into the journeyman career back up he was expected to be, then it will go back to JD choose MW and passed on such and such pick or veteran whatever the flavor of the day is 

Exactly

Did you know instead of MW we could have drafted one of 5 WRs, who have a combined total of 20 receptions over the last two seasons?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, no, no

To be fair, JD himself didn't realize that he found The Mike White. Hence the Joe Flacco panic trade.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

To be fair, JD himself didn't realize that he found The Mike White. Hence the Joe Flacco panic trade.

No matter how he tried to back up the deal, he saw something in MW, added him to the roster and kept him there.  Plus it was said on day one that Flacco wasnt going to start, that he was the backup to MW.  We did need a backup, I think that Flacco was more of the result of not trusting JJ as the backup to MW

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No matter how he tried to back up the deal, he saw something in MW, added him to the roster and kept him there.  Plus it was said on day one that Flacco wasnt going to start, that he was the backup to MW.  We did need a backup, I think that Flacco was more of the result of not trusting JJ as the backup to MW

This "defense" of JD is actually an indictment. 

It means he thought it was wise to trade draft capital for a 3 week fill in back up in a lost season.

Much more likely that he was worried Mike White would not play competent football. It was the ultimate CYA move to bring in Flacco.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

This "defense" of JD is actually an indictment. 

It means he thought it was wise to trade draft capital for a 3 week fill in back up in a lost season.

Much more likely that he was worried Mike White would not play competent football. It was the ultimate CYA move to bring in Flacco.

No its not.

He needed a backup to MW, who cares with all this crying about 6th round picks whatever for a needed backup.  Unless were actually advocating going into an NFL game with one QB and no one at backup.  It was also said that Flacco was added to help ZW grow, that vet pressence he didnt have on the roster.  A little late but at least they addressed it

The defense is that if youre going to trash him, as some continue to do, over using a 4th to draft Morgan you also have to credit him for finding MW  if hes all some think he is.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No its not.

He needed a backup to MW, who cares with all this crying about 6th round picks whatever for a needed backup.  Unless were actually advocating going into an NFL game with one QB and no one at backup.  It was also said that Flacco was added to help ZW grow, that vet pressence he didnt have on the roster.  A little late but at least they addressed it

The defense is that if youre going to trash him, as some continue to do, over using a 4th to draft Morgan you also have to credit him for finding MW  if hes all some think he is.  

Adam Gase found MW…..this has been written about when you weren’t on JDs balls 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No its not.

Shocker, I disagree with you.

And saying "I don't think he managed the QB situation very well" isn't "trashing." I also criticize Abraham Lincoln's decision to wait until 1864 to name Ulysses S. Grant Commanding General of the Army of the Potomac.

14 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

really. then why does Gase keep him on the PS and bring up Luke Faulk for 2 starts. why doesnt he do like Saleh did and Make White his QB2? for 2 years he did nothing with that kid.

White was never Gases pick.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Dream on.  Gase brought in Fales.  The GM adds players to the roster, but you know that and it just doesnt work for you.  In your world all the moves that dont work out are on JD, the ones that do you credit to someone else.  

Go back to shltting on JD somewhere else.  

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

And saying "I don't think he managed the QB situation very well" isn't "trashing." I also criticize Abraham Lincoln's decision to wait until 1864 to name Ulysses S. Grant Commanding General of the Army of the Potomac.

OK, not trashing just complaining we used a low pick on a backup QB/mentor 

Theres nothing to disagree with, we needed a backup to MW and got one.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

OK, not trashing just complaining we used a low pick on a backup QB/mentor 

Theres nothing to disagree with, we needed a backup to MW and got one.  

Again, bringing in a "mentor" week 8 is admitting a prior screw up.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Actually, I think in 1864 Grant was named overall commander of all US forces, not just the AotP.  Meade was retained as the commander of that army, but Grant traveled with him to keep an eye on things in the east.  That damn Lincoln finally got it right!

:-)

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

i dont think Flacco was brought in to mentor. he was brought in cause they needed someone better than Johnson in case White sucked.

remember JD and Saleh took a lot of heat after NE. they could not afford to go 0-4 while Zach was out. 

and Beck who was brought in about the same time, now hes the Mentor. 

besides Flacco mentor resume doesnt look so good after he did that for Sam last year.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, doitny said:

i dont think Flacco was brought in to mentor. he was brought in cause they needed someone better than Johnson in case White sucked.

remember JD and Saleh took a lot of heat after NE. they could not afford to go 0-4 while Zach was out. 

and Beck who was brought in about the same time, now hes the Mentor. 

besides Flacco mentor resume doesnt look so good after he did that for Sam last year.

I agree he wasn’t brought to mentor I was responding to Jet Nit’s argument. I contend he was brought in because JD didn’t know what he had in White or for that matter Johnson.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

And thats what I said, should have been done earlier.  

The plan was to bring back Flacco and he decided to go to the Eagles where he thought he might be able to play.  At least when he became available they admitted the mistake and fixed it.  

15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It's absurd. 

This board has a disproportionate amount of emotional investment tied to the random fourth round draft pick known as the 'Morgan pick'

For some unknown reason, this obsession devolves into people ripping the GM for whiffing on a 4th round QB - (God forbid he take another shot at a developmental QB with Darnold throwing for less than 200 yards every other week.)

Fanbase that hasn't seen a legit franchise QB since Namath rips GM for drafting a QB. Math checks out. 

It was always a bad pick, then and now. I love JD, still do. It happens.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I’ll only repeat it once. 

A terrible waste of a pick. 

arent you being a little dramatic? its a 6th rd pick for Christ sake. if you cant use it to pick up a backup QB then what. i read somewhere 4.9% of 6th rd picks make the NFL. thats what we gave up.

i wonder if White never came back from his injury if you would feel that was a waste. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I agree he wasn’t brought to mentor I was responding to Jet Nit’s argument. I contend he was brought in because JD didn’t know what he had in White or for that matter Johnson.

And my argument wasnt that he was brought in as a mentor, that he was brought in primarily as MWs backup and would be a veteran mentor.  

27 minutes ago, doitny said:

arent you being a little dramatic? its a 6th rd pick for Christ sake. if you cant use it to pick up a backup QB then what. i read somewhere 4.9% of 6th rd picks make the NFL. thats what we gave up.

i wonder if White never came back from his injury if you would feel that was a waste. 

Yeah of course.

Except James Morgan was a 4th round pick.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Well, in fairness to Lincoln the reason he didn't promote Hiram Ulysses Grant General of the Army of the Potomac until 1864 was because Grant was drunk, and couldn't figure out who Ulysses S. Grant was.  :)