Money Mike is worth more to Jets fans than ZachZero and Tom Brady combined

T0mShane

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Nico getting emotional over even jokes at Zach Wilson's defense. Gonna be a fun next 3 years.

If he doesn't play well how will you know which game was the outlier?

Making a conclusion that he stinks if he plays poorly this week is as unwise as proclaiming him to be great after this one complete game.

Basically, what you are saying is tiny sample sizes are fine to evaluate someone on... if the result matches your prediction. Classic confirmation bias.

Your obsession with me is creepy at this point 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rapidly gentrifying. Brewpubs and vinyl record shops opening up all over the place. 900 sf apartments starting at $1800/mo. Phish is coming to town next summer. Starting to worry about my hood bonafides.

If you run into @CTM, be sure to say hello. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Very interesting. My wifes boss is a Jets fan. Pre covid he would go to games most years. For the first time in a while he said he was thinking of going to the game tomorrow because of Mike White. He obviously also mentioned that the Jets were probably just sucking him in to be let down again. Woody definitely notices this. If Mike White does play well, even in a loss I think its gonna be tough to sit him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I thought this was interesting. Popped open StubHub to see if fake-ass Jets fans were dumping out of their tickets tomorrow and, lo and behold, the Mike White guaranteed start tomorrow is going at a higher rate than any game left in the Jets season, including vs Tampa Tom Brady. Mike “Money” White getting first downs is apparently a huge ticket draw, and Zach is box office death. 

60B9ECF1-6CA2-4E14-A991-7018D0F2474B.png

Or the fact that thousands of Bills fans are buying tickets is driving up prices. This one isn't really a Hardy Boys mystery lol.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Query: why do you think Wilson is still the guy?

Not picking, curious. I mean we all hope he's the guy but we know first round QBs bust all the time and Zach certainly hasn't shown anything to make me believe his bust rate is better than the baseline.

why? besides douglas using the 2nd pick, the guy is more mobile and does have a better arm.  he can also be more accurate.  that's the frustrating thing.  he was missing far too many bunnies. that every qb needs to hit.

don't get me wrong.  if white pans out, so be it.  it will not be the end of the world if they go into next season with both guys on the roster.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

why? besides douglas using the 2nd pick, the guy is more mobile and does have a better arm.  he can also be more accurate.  that's the frustrating thing.  he was missing far too many bunnies. that every qb needs to hit.

don't get me wrong.  if white pans out, so be it.  it will not be the end of the world if they go into next season with both guys on the roster.

Thanks for the response. Will be interesting to see what happens.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RSJ said:

Very interesting. My wifes boss is a Jets fan. Pre covid he would go to games most years. For the first time in a while he said he was thinking of going to the game tomorrow because of Mike White. He obviously also mentioned that the Jets were probably just sucking him in to be let down again. Woody definitely notices this. If Mike White does play well, even in a loss I think its gonna be tough to sit him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

My hope: Woody is keeping his nose out of the football business, and letting JD run the show for better or worse. 

My belief: Mike White needs a win to hold the job. I think they want Zach back in there, and want to see what he’s learned and how he looks after a couple weeks off in the new & improved offense. Zach is management’s guy. I think even with a good performance from White, they’ll use a loss to go back to Wilson. 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Or the fact that thousands of Bills fans are buying tickets is driving up prices. This one isn't really a Hardy Boys mystery lol.

Have you ever been to Buffalo? There aren’t “thousands” of people there who have $58 dollars in expendable cash.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rapidly gentrifying. Brewpubs and vinyl record shops opening up all over the place. 900 sf apartments starting at $1800/mo. Phish is coming to town next summer. Starting to worry about my hood bonafides.

Your clitoral hood? I heard it's not all that. And now that your whole area (hole area?) smells like Phish in the summer?

Meh. 

not-impressed-meme.jpg 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Have you ever been to Buffalo? There aren’t “thousands” of people there who have $58 dollars in expendable cash.

Do all Bills fans live in Buffalo? A quick search on google suggests that there are around 3x the amount of Bills fans compared to the population of Buffalo, New York

My hope: Woody is keeping his nose out of the football business, and letting JD run the show for better or worse. 

My belief: Mike White needs a win to hold the job. I think they want Zach back in there, and want to see what he’s learned and how he looks after a couple weeks off in the new & improved offense. Zach is management’s guy. I think even with a good performance from White, they’ll use a loss to go back to Wilson. 

You could be right. The danger in doing this is it could be difficult to go back to White this season if Wilson struggles. You get into the area of “if you have two QBs, you have no QB” territory. NFL QBs arent the same as relief pitchers. You cant jerk them in and out of the lineup.

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

So correct me if I'm wrong, what I think you're trying to say is that if the football thing doesn't work out then he has a definite future as a Pop Singer (with that picture)?

Airbrushed Jimmy Clausen. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I have been, but not every Bills fan lives in Buffalo. And they have a section in the upper deck, a few sections, were they bought thousands of $60 seats.

• Upvote 1

You could be right. The danger in doing this is it could be difficult to go back to White this season if Wilson struggles. You get into the area of “if you have two QBs, you have no QB” territory. NFL QBs arent the same as relief pitchers. You cant jerk them in and out of the lineup.
... unless you're Brian Flores.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk