The Mike White's...err, NY Jets vs the Buffalo Bills ## Official Game Thread ##

Maxman

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I lived on Beach 127th St. as a kid.

Used to hang out at Fitzgerald’s back in the day and another bar up the block on the side street by the deli on 108 street which I forgot the name of Good old days 

• Upvote 1

The hopes and dreams of the uncountable mass lie on the shoulders of one man ... moments of destined glory carved in jade lie within a narrow trail of light ... far from the perilous onyx squall of doom that is indeed unending. That beacon of hope, whos brightness intensifies in the mere presence of the immortal weilding it .... the immortal mr white.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

Because, shockingly, the Bills have the potential to put 40 on us and shut down our offense.  They've looked terrible in spots.  But if they play their game?  The Bills are top notch offensively and defensively.

Agreed.  Their defense is very good.  This will be the toughest defense the Jets have seen all year.  Going to be hard to score 20 today, and I can’t imagine the Jets keeping the Bills under 28 points.  An impossible spot for the Jets today. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Parlay alert: A pre-death, unwashed libertarian cancel-king icon Aaron Rodgers gets (temporarily) healthy against Jamal Adams all afternoon and puts up 50 against the Portland Seahawks and King County’s robust 80% vaccination rate. After the game, Jamal Adams reminds everyone that his finger is still struggling with Ivermectin poisoning. 

How is Aaron Rodgers not dead or in the hospital?  I thought he wasn't vaccinated. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

All I can think of is the pilot saying, "Oh sheet, we're gonna crash into that hotel at the end of the runway!".

They British Airways and Air France SSTs would land and take off from JFK over Rockaway a few times every week; loud as hell. Ypu had to stop what you were doing until it passed

I worked for Pan Am at JFK back then, and the IAB (Intrnational arrivals building) was a couple hundred yards away from us, and that’s where they gated (albeit away from the building itself, passengers were bussed to the jet). The Concordes took off at 10 and 2pm every day, if memory serves..

It was an awesome sight watching them. We never took it for granted, everyone outside working the ramp would stop what they were doing as it rolled down the runway preparing to take off. And yes, ithey were loud, and fast…

I traveled the world back then, but never flew on the Concorde. I did get to go inside the Air France one to check it out one morning. It was so narrow inside the cabin, I can’t imagine someone with even the mildest case of claustrophobia being able to get through the flight, even as short as they were in duration.

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Well, if Josh Allen starts to light us up today?  I'll spend some time concentrating my thoughts on his girlfriend, Brittany Williams (2nd from left).  That'll show him.

threw-will-963x1024.thumb.jpg.5b5195f36218c55c0f83fcf8516a1942.jpg

Whew! That’s some prime beef right there.

I’d sacrifice and settle for the one on the left, though, just to make you happy. ?

• Haha 1