The Mike White's...err, NY Jets vs the Buffalo Bills ## Official Game Thread ##

Maxman

JFM invisible since his new contract
Our Linebackers blow (except Mosely)   Jarrrad Davis doesnt show anything 
O line looked worse than usual
I dislike Corey Davis more each week
week and a half to prepare for this game 
Great plan to leave Guidry 1 on 1 with Pro Bowler Diggs       What would Diggs have to have done to give Guidry some help?
I have to say .. the JFM situatuon is what irks me the most this year.

We should never extend anyone.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, K Clue said:

They hired a new coaching staff after his first season and it was made clear once they hired Kingsbury, they were taking Kyler Murray number one overall. So, he wasn’t getting more time with the Cardinals regardless of what happened. I’m not saying Rosen is any good, and obviously I would rather have Murray but he didn’t get a real chance with the Cardinals. 

Dude, he sucked.

• Upvote 2

I don’t see this as a lack of effort by players. They seem to be playing hard.  Look all of these coaches incl Saleh are experienced coaches well thought of in the NFL but their schemes aren’t working and esp on the D side players are out of position away from the play. And the team isn’t competitive other coaching staffs are out coaching them badly. 

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Patience for patience sake.

Yeah the one thing with firing those guys early is, unlike cap $ that hampers the ability to pay someone else, in cases of HC/GM it's just owner money. Plus the owner's getting up there and may not want to wait a couple more years anymore. 

What do they have, 3 yrs left apiece at ~$4MM? Meh. A $4bn NFL franchise is too big of an operation to let that stand in the way if they're just waiting for the sake of waiting because of optics.

They picked up a few pieces I like this year, but when starting where they did they need to add more than 3 major upgrades per year.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I said it before I'll say it again, the most disturbing thing about this year is that our rebuilding plan goes 100% out the window.

Goodbye to drafting a TE high goodbye to another olineman. 

Freaking sucks.

Won't happen.  But the rebuild should really start with Saleh and his coaches getting booted out the friggin door.

Just now, Dunnie said:

I have to say .. the JFM situatuon is what irks me the most this year.

We should never extend anyone.

I like JFM,  thought he did a good job for us prior to the extension.  I just have no idea what made JD give him $13 mil a year.  He is not a $13 mil a year DE.     a $13 million a year DE is someone an offense should be planning how to contain so he doesnt wreck their offensive game plan.  That is not JFM  

• Sympathy 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

Won't happen.  But the rebuild should really start with Saleh and his coaches getting booted out the friggin ddor.

Our first 4 picks will all be on D, dline lbs and fing safeties.  You can see it coming a mile away. 

It always happens, the hand picked guy the gm wanted sucks so you have to 100% pander to him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, K Clue said:

Lol I said he wasn’t good, I am just saying the Cardinals didn’t give him a real chance which is true. 

I hear ya, but the Cardinals could have given him 10 years and he still would have sucked.

Thats the point i’m making.

When people refuse to admit a player just doesn’t have it, you waste years waiting for him to figure it out.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, K Clue said:

Except Mosley? CJ hasn’t been good lol he’s been beat in coverage over and over again, also has been manhandled continuously when trying to stop the run. 

He is the only LB on this team that would even start for another NFL team.  And that contract has us stuck to him for one more year.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ausman said:

Sorry, that was to Spoot-face’s decrying a call for some retaliation.

I definitely called out the Bills players constantly mugging White all game with no repercussions, but I'm not calling for a "they hit one of ours, so we take two of theirs" retaliation like some gangster, I just want the refs to do something about it, because that's their f*cking job.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Our first 4 picks will all be on D, dline lbs and fing safeties.  You can see it coming a mile away. 

It always happens, the hand picked guy the gm wanted sucks so you have to 100% pander to him.

I think it's only fair to expect a heavy investment in DTs and safeties.  I mean, when has that strategy ever not worked?

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Mosley had been fine ... just not electric.

He’s definitely not the worst, but I wouldn’t say he’s been fine either and I mean it doesn’t help him that the other linebackers around him are terrible, which is why I’m hoping they take a linebacker with one of the first round picks in the next draft. 

• Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only because he loaded up on veteran players in 2015 for a season that ultimately went nowhere.  His draft and FA/acquisition record are worse than Douglas' and its really not close.  

Ok, no one disagrees Macc was a poor GM.  He still did better than JD.

What I'm not seeing here is a reason to keep JD, Saleh or this staff after this season.

This is about as bad as it's ever been, Gase included. 

So where are the reasons to believe patience (which I was a proponent of myself early on) will change anything.  

"But, it could be worse" is not a reason to stand pat, anymoreso than "but, it could get better" is a reason to stand pat.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

He is the only LB on this team that would even start for another NFL team.  And that contract has us stuck to him for one more year.  

Yep, I would like to see him with a better linebacker core surrounding him, instead of it just being him and a bunch of third stringers. Hope the Jets take a linebacker with one of the first round picks they have in the next draft.