Jump to content

The Mike White's...err, NY Jets vs the Buffalo Bills ## Official Game Thread ##


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nico watching that 3 and out

And with that throw, the Mike White era is over.

Mike White is back. Mike White is unstoppable. The Buffalo Bills are the next to realize this. It is game day. This is the game thread. Let's go Jets! Mike White is highly advanced. He makes

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Facts said:

I hear ya, but the Cardinals could have given him 10 years and he still would have sucked.

Thats the point i’m making.

When people refuse to admit a player just doesn’t have it, you waste years waiting for him to figure it out.

Yeah, Rosen does suck and I get what you’re saying, but we do need to give Wilson more time before we label him a bust. At least he showed some promise unlike Rosen. I personally won’t judge Wilson too much until year 3 give or take since that’s when most players start to show if they’ll make it in the league or not. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Once Ray disappeared, that show lost all its steam.   Plus they got guys on it who were Jets for a cup of coffee or sucked.

Agreed.  I only tuned in to hear the negativity as way of flushing that week's loss out of my system.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only because he loaded up on veteran players in 2015 for a season that ultimately went nowhere.  His draft and FA/acquisition record are worse than Douglas' and its really not close.  

Careful you don’t want to go full nico on JD!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Saleh is worse than Gase and never in a million years did I think that was possible but we managed to do it. This guy is clueless. He does nothing well. His teams look confused and unprepared. His defense is the worst in the NFL from a guy who is known as a defensive guy. We had 2 weeks to game plan for New England and gave up 54 points, 10 days for Buffalo and gave up 45. 54,31,45,45 in the last 4 games. All gas no brakes my ass. FIRE SALEH!!!

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dunnie said:

At least the 'Jets Stomp Out Bullying' everywhere but the football field.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk



 

 

Jets advice to deal with bullies “Go fetal and scream for a teacher.”

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

At what point will the most ardent Joe Douglas supporters admit he is bad at his job?

Every unit on this team is bad.

It is extremely difficult to break people free of a cult. People will go to their death drinking green flavor-aid before they admit that they were misguided in believing he was the answer. 

The only thing that should save his job, and I mean the only thing, is if Zach comes in the rest of the season and lights it up. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

According to cap site, jets top 10 paid players

CJ Mosely

Manny Lawson

JFM

Fant

Quinnen

Conner McGovern

Marcus MAye

Shaq Lawson

Zack

This accounts for about $115 Million of our cap space. 

  Which guy on that list is difference maker for us?   How does a team win if their top 10 contributed the way ours does?       JD should be proud.  I honestly  dont know how Woody handles writing those checks every week.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

They were never going to win, but they were out schemed playing cover 1. The Jets don’t have the talent but they were out coached on the defensive side of the ball. Their DL isn’t good, their LB corp is atrocious and to compensate for both units you put rookies and 2nd year corners on an island.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

If  RB Michael Carter is such a big part of our future, why are they still giving him the ball in this absolute ass kicking of a game??   Why let him take hits and cheap shots at this point the game ?  Put Johnson or Coleman in

So that him and Moore can rack up garbage time stats for Big Joe to point to and say his picks are playing well to Woody and sell him on the facade we are getting better.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

So that him and Moore can rack up garbage time stats for Big Joe to point to and say his picks are playing well to Woody and sell him on the facade we are getting better.

Great point !  getting next years Kool Aid campaign ready !

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

According to cap site, jets top 10 paid players

CJ Mosely

Manny Lawson

JFM

Fant

Quinnen

Conner McGovern

Marcus MAye

Shaq Lawson

Zack

This accounts for about $115 Million of our cap space. 

  Which guy on that list is difference maker for us?   How does a team win if their top 10 contributed the way ours does?       JD should be proud.  I honestly  dont know how Woody handles writing those checks every week.  

Woody is busy playing dress-up with his Jets' dolls.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Team is soft. Saleh coaches the team like they’re a bunch of middle schoolers playing football for the first time. They’re going to get their sh*t pushed in every week and they’ve earned it.

Good thing is there are 8 games left. Enough time to show improvement or to expose the coaching staff and front office as a bunch of frauds. Should be fun.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ok, no one disagrees Macc was a poor GM.  He still did better than JD.

What I'm not seeing here is a reason to keep JD, Saleh or this staff after this season.

This is about as bad as it's ever been, Gase included. 

So where are the reasons to believe patience (which I was a proponent of myself early on) will change anything.  

"But, it could be worse" is not a reason to stand pat, anymoreso than "but, it could get better" is a reason to stand pat.

Because you have to Warfish...plain and simple.  The Jets sealed their fate by ridding themselves of a GM after two years, and coaches after a couple of seasons.  NOBODY is coming here unless its a first timer.  And if you are going with a first timer, you have to give them 3 years minimum.  They too have to learn on the job.  OTherwise, this franchise will continue to lose every year. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I definitely called out the Bills players constantly mugging White all game with no repercussions, but I'm not calling for a "they hit one of ours, so we take two of theirs" retaliation like some gangster, I just want the refs to do something about it, because that's their f*cking job.

Jets QBs are just not protected.  Darnold was slammed two years ago Wilson was cheap shot and now White this isn't a COINCIDENCE it pattern that must be addressed!

There have been plays where the refs blew whistles BEFORE Tom Brady was hit and that helps you win or lose!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

According to cap site, jets top 10 paid players

CJ Mosely

Manny Lawson

JFM

Fant

Quinnen

Conner McGovern

Marcus MAye

Shaq Lawson

Zack

This accounts for about $115 Million of our cap space. 

  Which guy on that list is difference maker for us?   How does a team win if their top 10 contributed the way ours does?       JD should be proud.  I honestly  dont know how Woody handles writing those checks every week.  

Rather misleading as 30% of that list were players inherited from previous regime. Fant by most accounts has been good Zach on a rookie deal Shaq Lawson was signed after Lawson went down. Remaining members on list you have legitimate questions about 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Once Ray disappeared, that show lost all its steam.   Plus they got guys on it who were Jets for a cup of coffee or sucked.

I dunno.  I miss Ray but I think these three guys do a pretty good job zeroing in on the details of the game and don’t hold back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Saleh is worse than Gase and never in a million years did I think that was possible but we managed to do it. This guy is clueless. He does nothing well. His teams look confused and unprepared. His defense is the worst in the NFL from a guy who is known as a defensive guy. We had 2 weeks to game plan for New England and gave up 54 points, 10 days for Buffalo and gave up 45. 54,31,45,45 in the last 4 games. All gas no brakes my ass. FIRE SALEH!!!

this x 10000000

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Rather misleading as 30% of that list were players inherited from previous regime. Fant by most accounts has been good Zach on a rookie deal Shaq Lawson was signed after Lawson went down. Remaining members on list you have legitimate questions about 

This wasnt done to slam JD, even though he certainly has struggled.  It was to point out that our top 10 paid players dont provide any significant contributions or are difference makers to help us win games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Ok, no one disagrees Macc was a poor GM.  He still did better than JD.

What I'm not seeing here is a reason to keep JD, Saleh or this staff after this season.

This is about as bad as it's ever been, Gase included. 

So where are the reasons to believe patience (which I was a proponent of myself early on) will change anything.  

"But, it could be worse" is not a reason to stand pat, anymoreso than "but, it could get better" is a reason to stand pat.

 

All I'm saying is, even if my confidence in Douglas/Saleh is waning, it's probably for the best to give this duo one more season, because I am fully confident it WILL get worse whenever a new regime comes in.  This is the Johnson's we're talking about.  They haven't made a good GM/HC decision in their entire tenure as owners.  

And just to be clear, its also not a good idea to fire Douglas and keep Saleh under the reasoning that Saleh deserves a 2nd season.  Tying a HC to a GM who doesn't want him just creates a bigger mess.  When its time for either to go, both need to go at the same time.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

According to cap site, jets top 10 paid players

CJ Mosely

Manny Lawson

JFM

Fant

Quinnen

Conner McGovern

Marcus MAye

Shaq Lawson

Zack

This accounts for about $115 Million of our cap space. 

  Which guy on that list is difference maker for us?   How does a team win if their top 10 contributed the way ours does?       JD should be proud.  I honestly  dont know how Woody handles writing those checks every week.  

the fact we gave that turd JFM an extension that makes him one of the jets top paid players is reaosn enough to fire joe douglas imo

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Because you have to Warfish...plain and simple.  The Jets sealed their fate by ridding themselves of a GM after two years, and coaches after a couple of seasons.  NOBODY is coming here unless its a first timer.  And if you are going with a first timer, you have to give them 3 years minimum.  They too have to learn on the job.  OTherwise, this franchise will continue to lose every year. 

Honest question, do you enjoy the idea of watching three years of what we saw today?  

And what, based on what you've seen so far, makes you think we won't be exactly where we are today three years from now, just like Gase?

I'd counterargue:  Money solves all problems with non-cap positions.  Want a Vet Coach or GM?  Pay him.  He'll come.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...