The Mike White's...err, NY Jets vs the Buffalo Bills ## Official Game Thread ##

Maxman

1 minute ago, Hael said:

B/c you don't think that what the Jets fans are subject too isn't crime enough?  What else does he need to do.. Set the mascot on fire?

To be fair we keep coming back. What is happening to us is consensual at this point 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

i think you got me mistaken with someone else. i have been saying drafting defense since the beginning of the year. 

i could keep going back but i think you get the point.

yeah the secondary is young, but the front 7 just aint doing it. 

we need an Edge. im not counting on Lawson being good. if he is then we got 2 Edge for another 2 years. we need 2 LBs cause Davis is gone after the year and Mosley after next. then maybe a safety. after you spend the first 4 picks on defense you can get whoever you want for the OL.

your lucky if 3 teams have used 3 first rd picks on there line. and maybe one is a good team. our best OL in 2009 had 2 drafted 1st rd picks, 2FAs and a UDFA. 

the OL hasnt been a problem since week 2. the sacks have gone done alot, the pressures, run blocking is better. and its not White. they did it under Wilson too.

does a center or guard win us more games this year? well a better defense wins the Atlanta and Indy games.

You can’t be serious 

Jets have been taking this dumbass approach for 20 years

The opposite of this is the correct answer 

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

You can’t be serious 

Jets have been taking this dumbass approach for 20 years

The opposite of this is the correct answer 

so because of that our defense cant have any #1 picks?

are you serious after these past 4 weeks?

maybe you are since this is a " we want Salah fired right now" thread. so this defense is actually really good there just bad cause Salah doesn't know what hes doing. 

is that about right?

1 hour ago, jago said:

they were sleepwalking with the play clock ticking under 10. how could the sideline not see it coming?? the HC is certainly also responsible.

i just watched it again. White was there with 2 secs left and was set with 1 sec left. then he put a runner in motion. 

he was only a second late. 

most NFL teams snap the ball with 1 second on the clock. there was no way for Saleh to know they couldn't get it off.

so thats what he should do now, call TOs when he thinks they cant get it off? thats how you waste TOs.

you need some guys like the QB to have some Football IQ. everything cant be on the HC.

can White call an Audible? i hope so. then he is smart enough to see the play clock and call a TO when he needs it.

i just watched it again. White was there with 2 secs left and was set with 1 sec left. then he put a runner in motion. 
he was only a second late. 
most NFL teams snap the ball with 1 second on the clock. there was no way for Saleh to know they couldn't get it off.
so thats what he should do now, call TOs when he thinks they cant get it off? thats how you waste TOs.
you need some guys like the QB to have some Football IQ. everything cant be on the HC.
can White call an Audible? i hope so. then he is smart enough to see the play clock and call a TO when he needs it.

i think they were standing around waiting for a play call, and it was a pretty important spot, the TO would be worth it in that field position to go for it. they were still in the game. the OC had no play ready and both the QB and HC were waiting for someone to do something.

14 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Yeah I’m happy. You, likely not. Must suck going through life like that.  

This is a football discussion forum.

The topic was the JD/Saleh regime and it's future.

Clearly you can't find even a single positive thing to defend or recommend the current regime. 

Which is what you were asked, and have assiduously avoided discussing.  

That silence speaks for itself on this topic.

Just now, Warfish said:

This is a football discussion forum.

The topic was the JD/Saleh regime and it's future.

Clearly you can't find even a single positive thing to defend or recommend the current regime. 

Which is what you were asked, and have assiduously avoided discussing.  

That silence speaks for itself on this topic.

I'll discuss what I want to discuss when I want to discuss it.

I'm here to entertain me, not you.

/shrug

18 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I’m an eternal optimist. 

Going through life as a miserable ole curmudgeon is unhealthy. Must suck.  

In addition, nobody has any control over anything that happens to our beloved franchise so again gnashing my teeth does nothing for my team or my mental health. 

But you keep complaining. You do you. 

You do you, Candide. The fact that you had to resort to ephemeral, unprovable point of "I'm happier than you" when your assertion was wrecked says a lot about your 'happiness'. Ignorance is bliss, afterall. 

42 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You do you, Candide. The fact that you had to resort to ephemeral, unprovable point of "I'm happier than you" when your assertion was wrecked says a lot about your 'happiness'. Ignorance is bliss, afterall. 

It's a running schtick of his that I don't feel the need to engage on.  There is a big difference between ignorance being blissful and resignation being blissful.  I just can't get that worked up anymore.