Welcome back Zach!

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Anybody who was going to start for the Jets this game was going to sh*t the bed. Wilson would have been eaten alive as well. 

Almost certainly true. That’s why this wasn’t Zach’s return from injury. He’ll be back next week in a winnable game against Miami. Let’s all hope he learned something during his break. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I get it that Mike White isn't a Hall of Famer, but this is probably the best defense in the NFL (pass def at least).

Also people seem to forget that Wilson has played like absolute sh*t.

Well now Mike White has played like sh*t also, but one of them is a rookie and a top 2 pick. That's who we should all be rooting for to succeed. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

People seem to forget that Wilson’s 2nd half against Tennessee three games into his career was far more impressive than White’s dink and dunk fest against the Bengals.

He made multiple throws in that game that a handful of QB’s in the league are capable of making on a routine basis.

Wilson absolutely needs to work on the basics of the position. But he has star upside. Mike White…does not.

Most of the fanbase didn’t even think this f*cking guy was going to beat out James Morgan for the backup job 10 weeks ago.

Facts and more facts

Just now, Untouchable said:

People seem to forget that Wilson’s 2nd half against Tennessee three games into his career was far more impressive than White’s dink and dunk fest against the Bengals.

He made multiple throws in that game that a handful of QB’s in the league are capable of making on a routine basis.

Wilson absolutely needs to work on the basics of the position. But he has star upside. Mike White…does not.

Most of the fanbase didn’t even think this f*cking guy was going to beat out James Morgan for the backup job 10 weeks ago.

The layups he was missing are because the game was a tad too fast for him. Once it slows down he’ll hit every single one of those layups, throw at a 70% clip. He’s very accurate, he’s just rushing. By year end we should see a different QB. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I get it that Mike White isn't a Hall of Famer, but this is probably the best defense in the NFL (pass def at least).

Also people seem to forget that Wilson has played like absolute sh*t.

but the difference is that White can not go mid to deep. the word is out now. this is how you beat Mike White.

now Zach can hit the mid to deep pass. he just has trouble with the short ones. but if he learned anything on how to take what they give you he is still a threat for the deep pass that defenses have to respect and play for.

i can pretty much guarantee that White will not play well anymore. he doesn't see the mid to deep pass good. he forces short passes even when there not there. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am not sure White survives the rest of this game, let alone being given another start. 

You're likely right. It's just what I would do. I'm a fan of Wilson, but White elevated this team for a couple of games. He failed today, but should be giving a chance to bounce back. I don't expect Saleh to do that. It's just what I would do. If he fails against another tough defense in Miami, then Wilson can come back. And Wilson will then come back against some really bad defenses. Miami's defense is almost as tough as Buffalo.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

My gf asked who that butch girl in camo was on the sideline.  I said that is Zach Wilson and he looks 12.  She said why isn't he playing?  I said because he is hurt.

If I were GM, Fields would be our QB,

We are consistent.

Consistently bad.

Sally belongs here.

your one of the most negative guys here. you would have thrown Fields away after 3 games. hell after 1 game. or that 9 sack game 

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

your one of the most negative guys here. you would have thrown Fields away after 3 games. hell after 1 game. or that 9 sack game 

And you like to embrace every move we make as though it was brought down on tablets from the mount.,  You want to know why I have a negative view?  I have been watching this sh!t since 1980.  So take your Mary Poppins view and your glass is half full mentality to the garbage dump and toss it.

You are what your record says you are.

We are a dumpster fire.

Your whistling past the graveyard doesn't change that.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Seriously??? A fan base that rain, sleet and snow supports this disaster of a franchise is pathetic?  you've got to be kidding. You have your priorities reversed.

The fans that were/are giving up on Wilson were/are pathetic. I don't care if they are dumb enough to spend their 8 hours on a Sunday to go to a game. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Damn I’m developing a pretty good track record on being correct but I said white was terrible and this was during the flash in the pan Cincinnati game. 

Zach Wilson >>>>>>>>> Mike White 

and it’s not even close oh and Saleh, JD and Co. are TERRIBLE!

They both suck..............................................................hard.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Gut feeling Wilson comes back against Texans on the road. Idk if they want to throw Wilson out at home against a division rival as his first game back.

If I was a betting man, I’d put a lot down on Wilson starting next week. But it was my opinion that Zach was gonna start next week, regardless. A Mike White win might’ve changed that, but that didn’t happen. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

There are always going to be Wilson detractors. They didn’t want to draft him and make it very clear they are hoping he fails. Other detractors are a bit more devious FEIGNING support but secretly hoping he fails. 

Easy to point those dudes out “I LOVE Zach except for his footwork mechanics size accuracy lack of competition just handed the job BYU his Mom turnovers not a captain no one went to his birthday looks like a twink but I LOVE the guy! (oh and he’s not Fields)”.

Its why we can’t have nice things. 

My desire to watch the Jets (who I've followed since 1985) succeed is always going to significantly outweigh my desire to say "I told you so" about Wilson to a bunch of people on a message board that I will likely never meet in real life. i'd prefer to have Wilson become a hall of famer based upon how he played for the Jets; however, when I have concerns about a player before he is drafted and I see them manifest in real life, I can't just close my eyes and pretend in the name of "fandom". 

Darnold played well his rookie season when he came back from an injury. Let's hope Wilson does the same because if he doesn't, the misery around here is going to continue through at least the end of next season because Wilson isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

And you like to embrace every move we make as though it was brought down on tablets from the mount.,  You want to know why I have a negative view?  I have been watching this sh!t since 1980.  So take your Mary Poppins view and your glass is half full mentality to the garbage dump and toss it.

You are what your record says you are.

We are a dumpster fire.

Your whistling past the graveyard doesn't change that.

We've all been watching this since 1980.

You are not special.

Nothing forces you to watch it.  

There are always going to be Wilson detractors. They didn’t want to draft him and make it very clear they are hoping he fails. Other detractors are a bit more devious FEIGNING support but secretly hoping he fails. 
Easy to point those dudes out “I LOVE Zach except for his footwork mechanics size accuracy lack of competition just handed the job BYU his Mom turnovers not a captain no one went to his birthday looks like a twink but I LOVE the guy! (oh and he’s not Fields)”.
Its why we can’t have nice things. 

I didn’t want to draft him. I don’t hope he fails, quite the opposite I’d love for him to have me eat crow. I’d love to win the lottery too, but unfortunately the odds are about the same for both.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, slats said:

If I was a betting man, I’d put a lot down on Wilson starting next week. But it was my opinion that Zach was gonna start next week, regardless. A Mike White win might’ve changed that, but that didn’t happen. 

Zach was always the future, they still really like what they see. 

White was gonna play until his play proved otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Hopefully Zach sits until he's completely 100%.

Hopefully White can bounce back after this.  White being confident and successful will go a long into the long term plans of the team.  He might be the long term backup Morgan was supposed to be. 

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

I didn’t want to draft him. I don’t hope he fails, quite the opposite I’d love for him to have me eat crow. I’d love to win the lottery too, but unfortunately the odds are about the same for both.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I didn’t want any of these rookie QB’s as soon as it became obvious that Lawrence was out of reach after the Jets shocked the Rams.

But to act like Wilson has almost no chance of becoming a successful QB is goofy.

The kid hasn’t even played 5 full games yet.

He clearly has something special when it comes to making something out of nothing, can already throw the deep ball better than any QB I’ve seen in a Jets uniform in decades,  and by all accounts he’s borderline obsessive in his study habits.

Hopefully the front office and coaching staff continue to build up the team around him. I’m just far from convinced that I want a couple of dicks like Saleh and Douglas overseeing that process.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Hopefully Zach sits until he's completely 100%.

Hopefully White can bounce back after this.  White being confident and successful will go a long into the long term plans of the team.  He might be the long term backup Morgan was supposed to be. 

It was a 2-4 week injury. Next week is four weeks. Zach will be back.