Welcome back Zach!

15 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

I mean whoever the QB is good luck, they have 0 defense. Can’t get any stops, any turnovers, nothing. I’ve never seen a jets defense this bad 

by the end of the season the nfl may never have seen a defense this bad. we are on pace to take the record for most points allowed in a season. even if we don't get it we have a good shot at being top 5

Clown joe and coach’s drafted Wilson to be the franchise qb and set him up to fail and then they along with some fans jumped ship to a jag named Mike White after one good game - smart folks would have understood the investment and firmly backed Wilson 

15 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

No one should be ashamed at anything. 

Root for Mike White hard. 

Looks like he might not be the answer. 

Root hard for Zach. 

There is no shame rooting for every Jet. 

This.

That said, this has nothing to do with the corrosive social dynamics of the internet.

29 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If the vet isn't expensive then you are talking about a Josh Mccown type who backed up Darnold. So we have been there before. Still didn't work out for us. 

In the end, we need to draft a rookie that becomes Justin herbert or Joe Burrow one of these days. 

No, I'm talking about a younger guy with still theoretical upside ala Trubisky or Minshew (yes, not a FA). I also banged the table hard for Tannehill to be brought in after Darnold's first year. Pull every lever. I would not bring in a Matt Stafford same year you draft a guy #2. 

However, if Zach busts I would seriously consider an expensive FA at that point. If you can't build it, buy it. 

20 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

There are always going to be Wilson detractors. They didn’t want to draft him and make it very clear they are hoping he fails. Other detractors are a bit more devious FEIGNING support but secretly hoping he fails. 

Easy to point those dudes out “I LOVE Zach except for his footwork mechanics size accuracy lack of competition just handed the job BYU his Mom turnovers not a captain no one went to his birthday looks like a twink but I LOVE the guy! (oh and he’s not Fields)”.

Its why we can’t have nice things. 

Two things can be true at the same time:

1. I didn't prefer Wilson in the draft, and I don't predict that he'll become a legit champion-level Franchise QB.

2. I am rooting for Wilson when he plays and hoping he proves me wrong.

I've never said a single kind word about Mike White, and I rooted my ass off hoping he'd keep playing well.  

Being a realist or cynic doesn't make you depressed, unhappy or rooting for failure.

Predictions =/= Hopes.  Analysis =/= rooting interest. 

They are two different things from two different parts of your brain. 

One is analytical, based on facts.  One is emotional, based on heart.

Analysis says Wilson is the worst starting QB in the NFL this year.  That is an objective fact-based observation.

Hope is that Wilson comes roaring back post-injury and shows us that potential is more than just potential.

Regardless, what Fans think has no bearing on us "having nice things".  Wilson will or won't succeed, we Fans play no role whatsoever in that future either way.